Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The financial model for the stadium build, isnt feasable. Fair play for trying but its pie in the sky economics.

We just dont have the people at the top with the will or the ingenuity to find a way. Lots of schemes have been suggested to fund a piecemeal reconstruction to the ground but the owners either wont countenance it because they'd prefer to sit it out for a buyer to tip up, or else wait for another public/private stadium scheme to fall in to their lap; or because they simply dont have the right to go it alone on a decision due to the securitization deal and any restrictions on development of the ground/space around it placed by the Prudential who hold that contract now (as we saw to spectacular effect with the pathetic "Annexe" scheme).

We just dont have the people at the top with the will or the ingenuity to find a way. Lots of schemes have been suggested to fund a piecemeal reconstruction to the ground but the owners either wont countenance it because they'd prefer to sit it out for a buyer to tip up, or else wait for another public/private stadium scheme to fall in to their lap; or because they simply dont have the right to go it alone on a decision due to the securitization deal and any restrictions on development of the ground/space around it placed by the Prudential who hold that contract now (as we saw to spectacular effect with the pathetic "Annexe" scheme).

Yeah prob the vast majority of the above mate, the aspiration is there but not the ingenuity, i think someone else mentioned that its all well and good coming up with concepts as the KD, Kirkby and BU ideas were - but the reality is the financial model is the dictating factor - without that its fantasy island stuff. Reading it i thought of the failed annexe, that would pretty much stop the planned hotel on the BU model as well - which i didnt think was viable in the first place. In reality without new investment we're looking at public/private partnership, wont hold my breath. These days im more inclined on the idea of a Goodsion redevelopment if the footprint could be improved and i do think that is feasable given what the Yanks have done over at castle greyskull and their redevelopment plans.

I hate to say it but we could learn a lot based on their planned redevelopment and how they went about it.

That's arrogant, what your saying is you can see past the "vilification" but we who don't support Blue Union have not got the intelligence to see through it?

Not arrogant at all, you're arrogance is shown by being presumptive and cocking up the conclusion.

In spite of very well funded, organised and 'stretched' information put forward by a premier league football club, a multi national conglomerate and a metropolitan borough council, a bunch of 'drunken knobhead Evertonians' took them on and proved them to be conniving, insulting and in a lot of instances, lying, charlatans.

Those who choose not to support the 'blue union' do so based on opinion based upon information, you are doing those a disservice by attaching the concept of low intelligence to them, not me.

Tut, tut,

Passionate Evertonians, and I really hate to dismiss It but, its just words and pictures. Where is the money coming from? It keeps talking about the past, but Kenwright has to deal with financial realities.

KEIOC and Blue Union are all great Evertonians and I respect them, but I just cant take them seriously and that's why they have never had massive support.

The Football Quarter was started by KEIOC and was presented to everyone including the club.

The RS has now there own version as part of there £260million development.

Not arrogant at all, you're arrogance is shown by being presumptive and cocking up the conclusion.

In spite of very well funded, organised and 'stretched' information put forward by a premier league football club, a multi national conglomerate and a metropolitan borough council, a bunch of 'drunken knobhead Evertonians' took them on and proved them to be conniving, insulting and in a lot of instances, lying, charlatans.
Those who choose not to support the 'blue union' do so based on opinion based upon information, you are doing those a disservice by attaching the concept of low intelligence to them, not me.

Tut, tut,
That is your arrogance again, you put that argument across as fact when in reality its a fact in your head. Many people inside and outside of football comment on Bill Kenwright and talk of his integrity and passion for Everton. Its true he has not got the financial backing needs to take us into the top four and I would love someone with the money to take over, But these people are few and far between.

All Blue Union put across is this notion that if we can get rid of Kenwright we will get an Arab billionaire. Most Evertonians are a little brighter than this and hence their poor support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back