Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but for that to be a serious issue for them Everton would have to have serious plans to leave the city...they dont. Do you think any neighbouring authorities on M'side would get into that with Everton after Kirkby?

Not a chance.

I think the likes of Sefton council would welcome them, the tax income alone would be worth it. Not sure if they have a suitable site though.

I think the likes of Sefton council would welcome them, the tax income alone would be worth it. Not sure if they have a suitable site though.

Other than business rates, (I guess), what other tax do the club pay to the council? Any council for that matter.

Business rates are high,(I know) but couldn't give a figure,subsidery business as well and the prestige. Not sure on the ins and outs just saying I think other local councils would be open to it.

You're eager to dismiss it as nothing more than a soundbite Dave & we both know the current incumbents will almost certainly never lay a brick for the stadium solution.

However, in your eagerness to bat it off as total pony, you might be missing what I would consider to be the potential obvious here.

If there was a scheme that had potential council support, was part of a regeneration programme & (given the funds) was both acceptable to the fanbase & deliverable. If this scheme was drawn up & ready to roll out, would it not be a massive help in them trying to move the club on? As the elephant in the room for EFC has always been the stadium & the uncertain cost issue that surrounds it's solution for any potential buyer. If there was something, approved, costed & with a sensible price tag, surely that would be a step forward?

New owners would not take control on the basis of a scheme green lighted. It'd have to be built. This lot are going to have to do the heavy lifting on that, and I for one dont believe they have the confidence of the local state (or local capital for that matter) to get beyond concept.

There was the same fuss last year about the accounts "being late", and the club pointed out they normally get published towards the end of Jan. 12 months later, same thing all over again (though in fairness not as much of a fuss outside of the normal parties, I'd guess if I went onto Toffeeweb someone is having a rant).

Up to the last couple of years they were done and dusted not far into the new season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back