Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you mean they might touch them with a '****ty stick' then?

If it's just wind & piss, what's up for discussion at the next board meeting?

You're so naive.

It's a stadium statement from the club to shareholders asking questions about it.

"we've held fruitful discussions with the council...we could build tomorrow if we get funding...we'll discuss this at the next board meeting"

...it's all hollow, non-committal nonsense. Just filler to get through a scheduled S'holders meeting.

*sigh*

Bfore we get a buyer we have to have a new stadium,I think most sensible people would accept this as fact.

We have been told that the council are looking at sites with Everton as a potential new home for the club. If a suitable site could be identified then there may be ways of funding a new stadium .
It may happen that investors may even consider investing if a site were produced and the cost of a stadium fixed.
At present it is the uncertainty about the cost of this project which will prevent anybody risking their money.

If their was a plus from the Kirkby scenario at all ,it may have been that the City Council learned that there was a chance that Everton FC could move out of their jurisdiction and that would be a huge blow from a prestige and financial viewpoint.
I think the Kirkby proposal may have made the city council more receptive to ensuring that Everton get a new ground and stay in the same general area.

I'm not denying or agreeing with that - I'm just curious as to what actually making up a buyer would do to help them at this time? The only people who mention it seem to be people who are very vehemently anti board.

It would keep any potential protest movement on the back burner for a little while longer.

I must have missed the recent demo's & fanbase unrest demanding that something is done immediately regarding the stadium issue.....

Wasn't particularly referring to that, just that the board generally seems to like keeping a tight reign on supporter opinion via the press and media contacts etc. Can well imagine they'll discuss the available assets for use in that and opinion targets on a regular basis.

You're so naive.

It's a stadium statement from the club to shareholders asking questions about it.

"we've held fruitful discussions with the council...we could build tomorrow if we get funding...we'll discuss this at the next board meeting"

...it's all hollow non-committal nonsense. Just filler to get through a scheduled S'holders meeting.

*sigh*

& you're such a one eyed cynic Dave...

I can assure you that naivety is not something I'm often accused of....

If he'd have just chucked out the usual, it's an on-going process that's not easy to solve, then I'd have agreed with you.

However, there was no need for the specifics he put into that, probably amount to **** all, but that doesn't mean that there's not some meaningful dialogue taking place, with more than a fag packet idea behind it.

Bfore we get a buyer we have to have a new stadium,I think most sensible people would accept this as fact.

We have been told that the council are looking at sites with Everton as a potential new home for the club. If a suitable site could be identified then there may be ways of funding a new stadium .
It may happen that investors may even consider investing if a site were produced and the cost of a stadium fixed.
At present it is the uncertainty about the cost of this project which will prevent anybody risking their money.

If their was a plus from the Kirkby scenario at all ,it may have been that the City Council learned that there was a chance that Everton FC could move out of their jurisdiction and that would be a huge blow from a prestige and financial viewpoint.
I think the Kirkby proposal may have made the city council more receptive to ensuring that Everton get a new ground and stay in the same general area

Why would they think that? The council would surely take the opposite view: that Everton were beaten back by their own fanbase who gave them a torrid time over such a move outside the city boundary that they'll never raise the issue of leaving us again.

Why would they think that? The council would surely take the opposite view: that Everton were beaten back by their own fanbase who gave them a torrid time over such a move outside the city boundary that they'll never raise the issue of leaving us again.

TAX; its a benefit for the club to be in the city boundaries. Nothing at all to do with the fanbase, the city would be concerned that they would be loosing a viable business that pays a hell of a lot of tax to a council that is in the ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back