Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why people think floating the idea of a new buyer would help the board? Everton are doing well in the league, so far they haven't suggested Martinez cannot have money, there are no protests, people aren't demanding en masse for him to leave the club.
What would be the benefit in suggesting we have someone coming to buy the club? If it's to create a bidding war for the club then there is obviously an interested party. If it is to soothe the fans, it seems odd to do that a time when people are generally happy around the club. If it's too help in the transfer market then if clubs think we have a rich owner they'll hold out for more money.

But people keep saying that it's a trick they pull at this time of year every year - what's the purpose of it? Just for giggles?

Nonetheless the work is sufficiently progressed that if funding was available the Club could move very quickly.

Keep doing the euro millions Bob

"If funding was available"...

It's like Martinez saying we've got a locker at Finch Farm for Messi standing by, we just need the cash to make it happen.

It's a matter of the council saying: "yeah, yeah, if you can do this that and the other come back to us and we'll talk about a deal concerning land and local authority partnership".

And it also has to be played that way now because of the EU investigations of public owned land going to private ownership in the shape of football clubs.

So you mean they might touch them with a '****ty stick' then?

If it's just wind & piss, what's up for discussion at the next board meeting?

"If funding was available"...

It's like Martinez saying we've got a locker at Finch Farm for Messi standing by, we just need the cash to make it happen.

I swear the next AGM will be padded out with pie in the sky about a new ground venture for an hour and then

Bob " So that concludes the new ground venture, we don't have penny to make it happen but god dam it we tried....ah it seems that I have spent so long talking about something that we will never get of the ground that it appears we have run out of time for real hard questions from the shareholders....shame

I don't understand why people think floating the idea of a new buyer would help the board? Everton are doing well in the league, so far they haven't suggested Martinez cannot have money, there are no protests, people aren't demanding en masse for him to leave the club.
What would be the benefit in suggesting we have someone coming to buy the club? If it's to create a bidding war for the club then there is obviously an interested party. If it is to soothe the fans, it seems odd to do that a time when people are generally happy around the club. If it's too help in the transfer market then if clubs think we have a rich owner they'll hold out for more money.

But people keep saying that it's a trick they pull at this time of year every year - what's the purpose of it? Just for giggles?

The board should get down on their knees and thank whatever deity they may believe in for the fact Martinez -- and Moyes in the first few seasons -- saved them from being run out of town. They keep floating this crap every season to keep the supporters (a good number of them, anyway) in line. Watch and see how that charlatan is clapped next time his grinning gob appears on the screens at Goodison.

Operating to a high-level brief to create a stadium that would provide for the “most atmospheric home-end in world football”

He's going to triple the height of Gwladys Street......

The board should get down on their knees and thank whatever deity they may believe in for the fact Martinez -- and Moyes in the first few seasons -- saved them from being run out of town. They keep floating this crap every season to keep the supporters (a good number of them, anyway) in line. Watch and see how that charlatan is clapped next time his grinning gob appears on the screens at Goodison.

I'm not denying or agreeing with that - I'm just curious as to what actually making up a buyer would do to help them at this time? The only people who mention it seem to be people who are very vehemently anti board.

I swear the next AGM will be padded out with pie in the sky about a new ground venture for an hour and then

Bob " So that concludes the new ground venture, we don't have penny to make it happen but god dam it we tried....ah it seems that I have spent so long talking about something that we will never get of the ground that it appears we have run out of time for real hard questions from the shareholders....shame

Attended many AGM's have we???

Because that's how they actually pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back