Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/94316/lim-promises-e50-million-valencia-transfer-funding/

Singapore billionaire Peter Lim, who has been at the centre of a takeover bid for Valencia, has reiterated his interest in completing the move and promises even more funds available for transfer spending, than had originally been suggested.

“I hope my offer is accepted. €40 million for signings is too little I feel. I have €50 million available to spend this month.

If the board was so keen to find a buyer, why are guys like these flying past us time after time?
feel sorry for my lad 17 he is and has known nothing other than Johnson and Kenwright, what a shambles

Here we go again, new stadium talk from the club bosses. What are they trying to hide now? We do not have the money as far as I am aware to fund a decent new stadium.

Well it wasn't a false statement. The first March, when the majority attended was, as you say, 3 games into the season when there was nothing at risk.

The second was before the Wolves game, when were close to the relegation zone, the win over Wolves took us up to 12th (i think).

The 3rd march that season never went ahead, even after the members wanted one. Why did this not happen, the Blue Union said they did not want to upset the flow of the team. When had gone on a second half season run and were moving up the table.

How do I know this; I used to attend there meetings

You ask the question and then answer it.

Oh and I attended the marches and their meetings too.

It seems if the board come out with something it's lies and if they keep quiet they are hiding something, me, I'll wait till I see it in black and white and then judge.

Dont hold your breath.

Kenwright says he has been trying to sell his shares for 14 years now, that gives you an insight as to what they are like.

Well it wasn't a false statement. The first March, when the majority attended was, as you say, 3 games into the season when there was nothing at risk.

The second was before the Wolves game, when were close to the relegation zone, the win over Wolves took us up to 12th (i think).

The 3rd march that season never went ahead, even after the members wanted one. Why did this not happen, the Blue Union said they did not want to upset the flow of the team. When had gone on a second half season run and were moving up the table.

How do I know this; I used to attend there meetings

What's the short answer as to why The Blue Union haven't been active at all this season?

The latest was July 2013:

http://www.theblueunion.co.uk/?page_id=33

Oh it looks like a significant moment doesn't it? 90 words to a shareholder group devoted to a vague update of progress made with the city council. It's exactly what you dismiss it as: the usual 'ongoing process' flannel they've trotted out since Destination Kirkby died its death.

14 years trying to build a new stadium and not a brick laid. You couldn't make this lot up.

Totally untrue.

We knocked down the wall outside goodison and then built it back up again. Bricks have been laid. PROGRESS!!!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/european-commission-asks-swansea-council-6457757

Further to the 'council buy-in' claim of Elstone, this is how things are moving against such stadium strategies now in the European Union.

In short, the window is closed on strategies like this, and Elstone knows it. And God knows where we would have stood now if the 50M 'enabling' fund from Knowsley to Tesco to Everton had been taken up - which was the corner stone of a successful scheme...paying back cash for decades to come it looks like.

The often talked about 'facility-led' route out of the financial straitjacket the owners have placed the club in is, in effect, at an end.

Their hopes to sell the club rest now on some billionaire having a punt on a team nestling amongst the elite of the PL...a strategy that's flawed due to the current owners' unwillingness to invest or find investment for team strengthening.

A completely hopeless mess with no end in sight.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/european-commission-asks-swansea-council-6457757

Further to the 'council buy-in' claim of Elstone, this is how things are moving against such stadium strategies now in the European Union.

In short, the window is closed on strategies like this, and Elstone knows it. And God knows where we would have stood now if the 50M 'enabling' fund from Knowsley to Tesco to Everton had been taken up - which was the corner stone of a successful scheme...paying back cash for decades to come it looks like.

The often talked about 'facility-led' route out of the financial straitjacket the owners have placed the club in is, in effect, at an end.

Their hopes to sell the club rest now on some billionaire having a punt on a team nestling amongst the elite of the PL...a strategy that's flawed due to the current owners' unwillingness to invest or find investment for team strengthening.

A completely hopeless mess with no end in sight.

There's nothing new in that piece.

The European commission has taken issue with football after the bent goings on in Spain.

A council facilitating a stadium build & then a club taking on a 150 year lease on the property would surely only be deemed as financial assistance if the lease amount was way below a sensible market value, given the cost of the development?

p.s. The £50m 'enabler' at Kirkby didn't exist, we were getting what we paid for in terms of the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back