Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing new in that piece.

The European commission has taken issue with football after the bent goings on in Spain.

A council facilitating a stadium build & then a club taking on a 150 year lease on the property would surely only be deemed as financial assistance if the lease amount was way below a sensible market value, given the cost of the development?

p.s. The £50m 'enabler' at Kirkby didn't exist, we were getting what we paid for in terms of the stadium.

The value of that land for DK was always a contentious issue even back then in 2009. It was enough to trigger a complaint to the European Commission from Knowsley Liberal Party when the council backtracked massively on their own valuation for that land of a few years previous. http://www.keioc.net/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=283&cntnt01returnid=15

Of course, a week or so after that query the scheme was knocked back by the Sec. of State, so the issue was then moot.

If Elstone is talking about council aid in this (even less hospitable) atmosphere surrounding public money for private entrerprises then he really needs to explain how that could be so in detail. It really is a non-starter in this period.

If Elstone is talking about council aid in this (even less hospitable) atmosphere surrounding public money for private entrerprises then he really needs to explain how that could be so in detail. It really is a non-starter in this period.

As you say above, its the Spanish way of doing things that has got the EC all riled, the way that Swansea (or Huddersfield, who did much the same thing) have gone about getting their ground is not - and could never be described as - "state aid". If Elstone genuinely wanted to work with the council to get a new ground that the whole city could benefit from (though of course he never will, for a start they would never be that helpful to any club apart from the ****e and also they are currently bemoaning how poor they are going to be after iDave cut everything) then the chances that the EC would do anything about it are minimal; just as they have done **** all about West Ham being given the Olympic Stadium and several tens of millions by London taxpayers, or Spurs getting tens of millions from London taxpayers, or City getting a new ground gratis.

That wouldnt stop people complaining to it, mind.

Last edited:
As you say above, its the Spanish way of doing things that has got the EC all riled, the way that Swansea (or Huddersfield, who did much the same thing) have gone about getting their ground is not - and could never be described as - "state aid". If Elstone genuinely wanted to work with the council to get a new ground that the whole city could benefit from (though of course he never will, for a start they would never be that helpful to any club apart from the ****e and also they are currently bemoaning how poor they are going to be after iDave cut everything) then the chances that the EC would do anything about it are minimal. That wouldnt stop people complaining to it, mind.

I dont know about that, the investigations of hundreds of such instances by Uefa is not exactly providing the right environment to look to municipalities to get involved in land for investment schemes with clubs. And if you were a private developer being wooed by those two other parties you'd be wondering whether the time given over to getting business plans together and seeking planning permission would all be worthwhile.

Again, though, it's really up to Elstone to unpack this claim of his that progress has been made. He says it's going to a board meeting for discussion, so I take it there's more than back of a fag packet ideas to be presented. When that's done he really needs to inform the fanbase about what these new ideas involve. After 5 years have elapsed since DK hit the rocks and was sunk it's an absolute piss take to keep people in the dark as to just what they are doing on the stadium issue.

Not meaning to stir anything here, but does anyone have the link to that long list of Kenwright lies, it was a blog site or something. My dad wants to read it.

Well for a kick off anything to do with the river like this plan has to go right the way through Parliament. You just cant get planning permission and do it.

Oh I forgot, you can for a stadium. Its just like building an extension to a house.

Behave lad. According to you it was announced in 2010, so it just proves you haven't a clue on what you are talking about. In the first instance your saying this started in 2010 until I pointed out its been going on for years, then using my argument against me because you haven't a clue.

You ask the question and then answer it.

Oh and I attended the marches and their meetings too.

Well actually, it was in response to you trying to be clever. The BU are pointless

As far as I know, Peel have lots of projects in various parts of the UK, in various stages of development, but not much actual building is going on. Thats the hard bit.

Kenwright is asking for too much. Simple. There is no way that dozens of investors haven't enquired about buying the club. Bill just replies to each one "300 MILL PLS THANKS OR [Poor language removed] OFF" and then writes a letter/posts a video/goes on the radio and talks about how much he loves this club and how he's the biggest Everton fan (even though he's a rs) and how he's sacrificed so much for us.

Moyes and Kenwright had taken us as far as they could. Now we've got Martinez, we're progressing, but unfortunately we still have the other half of the regime. We won't progress as much as we could if Kenwright doesn't up and go.

a club thats looking for buyers ,historically is one of the english top teams , is a constant prem top 10 team , challenging for honours again this season with a very good squad....all for 125 million ?

or a team thats up and down , not looking for a sale ... all for 175 million ?

i havent got a crystal ball to say any buyer like this would be good or bad , but im just saying it confuses the hell out of me why other teams attract these kind of money men yet we dont . anyone would think we have leprosy , major hidden problems or just simply not for sale :)

I did say Southampton would be sold before us.

I can see people will say " They have a new stadium " as a defence to why we have not been sold.

Saints stadium has been built within the time period Kenwright and friends took control of Everton. But at least Kenwright is not Ming the merciless or something so he is doing a boss job.

I did say Southampton would be sold before us.

I can see people will say " They have a new stadium " as a defence to why we have not been sold.

Saints stadium has been built within the time period Kenwright and friends took control of Everton. But at least Kenwright is not Ming the merciless or something so he is doing a boss job.
Yes they have a new stadium, they are also debt free,have a single owner,the only team in the city,the nearest prem team is Fullham some 80 miles away.
The asking price is reported to be £175 million, this represents a massive profit for Katherina Liehberr,given her father purchased the club for a reputed fee of £1 million.
Hmm,there's many a reason as to why the saints are an attractive proposition for anyone looking to buy a premiership club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back