Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any evidence to support your claim?

Go find the article, not doing it for you.

Related to how some extra revenue from sponsorship was going towards the managers transfer funds, then we had a window where we spent nothing and sold.

I really don't just make stuff up, I have better things to do with my time.

...and it Kitbag is a great deal because...Erm...well just because!

Dave he explains perfectly well why it is, if you can't understand the reasoning thats your issue. In many conversations with you, and others, on this thread I have almost said word for word what Elstone describes in that interview regarding KitBag; stock, oveheads, procurement etc etc all add risk and look negative on the audit.

Dave he explains perfectly well why it is, if you can't understand the reasoning thats your issue. In many conversations with you, and others, on this thread I have almost said word for word what Elstone describes in that interview regarding KitBag; stock, oveheads, procurement etc etc all add risk and look negative on the audit.

It's nonsense when he said it too.

He's said we have plenty of cash, or he said weren't struggling to get people out the door to get players in?

There's a fairly massive difference.

“I’ve got plenty of money, don’t worry. It’s not about the finances,” said Martinez,

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/454563/Everton-s-Roberto-Martinez-We-want-to-keep-Rom-as-long-as-we-can

Arteta, the rest of the Fellaini money....soon to be added to by the disappearing Jelavic money.

Same stuff, different day.

Where is it gonna disappear to Dave? Oh, that's right, you keep telling us - OOC's. However, in that interview Elstone claims that with inflation factored in, we might even see a decrease in OOC's in the soon to be released accts. He also states the accts. are gonna be much easier to read this time around, and my guess is that he means the OOC's are gonna be broken down.

=mythbuster;2484236][QUOTE“I’ve got plenty of money, don’t worry. It’s not about the finances,” said Martinez,

Where is it gonna disappear to Dave? Oh, that's right, you keep telling us - OOC's. However, in that interview Elstone claims that with inflation factored in, we might even see a decrease in OOC's in the soon to be released accts. He also states the accts. are gonna be much easier to read this time around, and my guess is that he means the OOC's are gonna be broken down.

Well if he has plenty of money then we'll see players in. It's all good. Let's wait and see on that.

As for OOC's..again, yes, let's wait and see the long list of items and prices that go with them in the new all-explanatory easy to read accounts.

I look forward to them nailing that one.

Right, please explain how its nonsense. In detail, explain why this deal is nonsense. No referring to Kenwright, Green , OOC or Sun Tan Bob being a yes man; in simple business sense, explain

It's nonsense because he's saying it's a great deal in the sense that it's an efficient "right, that's got that risk off our hands" and not an answer dealing with whether he got value for money with the 10 year deal. By all means if you think locking EFC into a 30M deal over ten years is value for money then be my guest in arguing it. Also, it was nonsense in the sense he was talking up the availability of merchandise via Kitbag. I think there's a fair few on here and elsewhere who'll contradict that ridiculous statement.

So yeah 'nonsense ' it is.

Well if he has plenty of money then we'll see players in. It's all good. Let's wait and see on that.

As for OOC's..again, yes, let's wait and see the long list of items and prices that go with them in the new all-explanatory easy to read accounts.

I look forward to them nailing that one.

We'd all like to see new players come in. I'm not sure we should be buying for 'buyings' sake though. When Roberto says 'it's not about the finances' he's basically saying, it depends if the right players are available. So, to reiterate, if we don't get players in, are you gonna accuse Roberto of lying?

The OOC's being broke down is just a hunch on my part. But considering the storm that's been whipped up about them, then when he basically says the accts. will have more clarity, then surely he's referring to this?

If they are broken out, it will be into categories. You won't get a "long list of items and prices" because the purpose of the accounts isn't to fight conspiracy theories on the internet. If you want that kind of detail of the internal financials of a business, buy the club or become an auditor.

We'd all like to see new players come in. I'm not sure we should be buying for 'buyings' sake though. When Roberto says 'it's not about the finances' he's basically saying, it depends if the right players are available. So, to reiterate, if we don't get players in, are you gonna accuse Roberto of lying?

The OOC's being broke down is just a hunch on my part. But considering the storm that's been whipped up about them, then when he basically says the accts. will have more clarity, then surely he's referring to this?

If they are broken out, it will be into categories. You won't get a "long list of items and prices" because the purpose of the accounts isn't to fight conspiracy theories on the internet. If you want that kind of detail of the internal financials of a business, buy the club or become an auditor.

So there wont be any clarification beyond Elstone's AGM back of a ciiggy packet breakdown then?

There's a dishonesty in the debate over OOCs, btw, and it's not from fans it's from the club and people who like to lend them a hand like MBE. It's this (and it was reiterated again today in that interview): that any questioning of the category and inquiry of its nature is tantamount to accusing directors of lining their pockets. That's a disgraceful way of presenting a perfectly legitimate question.

Of course, it suits them to do that rather than concentrate their minds on providing, at length, so everyone could understand, a breakdown item by item with costing (something that could really put the matter to bed).

I have no idea why they dont do that. It surely wouldn't be any greater task than providing an appendix at the back of accounts listing all items that cost over, say, off the top of my head, 5-10K?

So there wont be any clarification beyond Elstone's AGM back of a ciiggy packet breakdown then?

There's a dishonesty in the debate over OOCs, btw, and it's not from fans it's from the club and people who like to lend them a hand like MBE. It's this (and it was reiterated again today in that interview): that any questioning of the category and inquiry of its nature is tantamount to accusing directors of lining their pockets. That's a disgraceful way of presenting a perfectly legitimate question.

Of course, it suits them to do that rather than concentrate their minds on providing, at length, so everyone could understand, a breakdown item by item with costing (something that could really put the matter to bed).

I have no idea why they dont do that. It surely wouldn't be any greater task than providing an appendix at the back of accounts listing all items that cost over, say, off the top of my head, 5-10K?

The thing is though dave, the figures do have to be broken down, just not to us. There's a reason even the smallest of businesses have to keep all receipts. If the accts. say we spent (let's say) £1 million on maintenance of finch farm, then the club will need to have paperwork to show auditors exactly what that money was spent on, and who it was payed to.

The thing is though dave, the figures do have to be broken down, just not to us. There's a reason even the smallest of businesses have to keep all receipts. If the accts. say we spent (let's say) £1 million on maintenance of finch farm, then the club will need to have paperwork to show auditors exactly what that money was spent on, and who it was payed to.

Then if the job in compiling that list is already done why not share the info? I can only see a matter of it all being too mundane to list items above a certain low amount that would be the problem, but if it got rid of the questioning that Elstone obviously finds tiring and irritating then why not share the info in one year of accounts just so we're all reading from the same hymnsheet? That would assuage all curious minds then. No?

Then if the job in compiling that list is already done why not share the info? I can only see a matter of it all being too mundane to list items above a certain low amount that would be the problem, but if it got rid of the questioning that Elstone obviously finds tiring and irritating then why not share the info in one year of accounts just so we're all reading from the same hymnsheet? That would assuage all curious minds then. No?

I can't really argue with you on that, but on the other hand, surely just breaking the OOC's down into several categories would offer us more clarity. And would represent a step forward in being more open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back