Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really argue with you on that, but on the other hand, surely just breaking the OOC's down into several categories would offer us more clarity. And would represent a step forward in being more open?

You know that would just beget more queries about clarification.

Just nail it for good with a detailed breakdown. As said, Elstone is obviously well pissed off with the curiosity surrounding the isse, so let him lance that boil...he has it in his power to do so, so there can be no sympathy with him on the matter when it rumbles on as a controversy...as it will.

You know that would just beget more queries about clarification.

Just nail it for good with a detailed breakdown. As said, Elstone is obviously well pissed off with the curiosity surrounding the isse, so let him lance that boil...he has it in his power to do so, so there can be no sympathy with him on the matter when it rumbles on as a controversy...as it will.

In theory, there's absolutely no harm in what you're suggesting, it's just unnecessary.

It's sometimes just best to admit you might have called some things wrong though mate. You've been saying for months that the increase in turnover would vanish into OOC's yet Elstone has said that factoring in 2-3% inflation, OOC's may actually have been reduced, and they defo haven't risen...

Q: New Stadium. On a scale of one to ten, one being the least likely, what would you say is the current likelihood?

A: It's a two or a three, but maybe that's me being cautious. I think it's important to manage expectations. If it was easy, we'd be on with it. There are a couple of options, one of which we are dedicating a lot of time to, to see if it is feasible and if a funding solution is starting to take shape. And, whilst there are still some challenges, we wouldn't be making the time commitment if we didn't think it was worth pursuing.

".It.s a two or three out of ten"

14 years to get a stadium in place and it's a 'two or three out of ten".

You couldn't make this up.

It's a 2 or 3, yet he spends a huge percentage of his working week on it??? Well, that's he said the other week.

In theory, there's absolutely no harm in what you're suggesting, it's just unnecessary.

How is it 'unnecessary'? If the CEO is as concerned as he seems about the misleading assumptions being made, then why not deal with that once and for all?

I'd say it was very necessary if he feels the issue is 'a commonly held view that's wearing thin'. Who could have sympathy for his position on this when he has the details to hand but wont produce them? Does he really think it'll go away without answering if he throws a hissy fit?

It's sometimes just best to admit you might have called some things wrong though mate. You've been saying for months that the increase in turnover would vanish into OOC's yet Elstone has said that factoring in 2-3% inflation, OOC's may actually have been reduced, and they defo haven't risen...

No I haven't. I've said the increase would be swallowed up in some or other new costing (let's see the next accounts) or else earmarked for a vague future ambition to 'improve infrastructure' (something Elstone mentioned in the last AGM) and never spoken of again.

Martinez has stated the we DO have 'plenty of cash,' but he's not sure if there's players he wants available in this window.

Are you accusing him of lying? I know with our previous manager, you were very keen to label him Kenwright's puppet when it came to transfer dealings/finances. How long before you start throwing this accusation at Martinez?

I think Martinez is lying. It's part of managing Everton.

Makes more sense than him not being able to find alternatives to Leon Osman or Steven Naismith despite having 'plenty of cash'. I also doubt the claims that McCarthy would have been bought regardless of whether or not Fellaini was sold.

How is it 'unnecessary'? If the CEO is as concerned as he seems about the misleading assumptions being made, then why not deal with that once and for all?

I'd say it was very necessary if he feels the issue is 'a commonly held view that's wearing thin'. Who could have sympathy for his position on this when he has the details to hand but wont produce them? Does he really think it'll go away without answering if he throws a hissy fit?

No I haven't. I've said the increase would be swallowed up in some or other new costing (let's see the next accounts) or else earmarked for a vague future ambition to 'improve infrastructure' (something Elstone mentioned in the last AGM) and never spoken of again.

He said in that interview that the forthcoming accts. show "positive" figures.

LOL, so all this furore over the OOC's and accusations that they are used to hide money being syphoned out of the club, but now that turnover has increased and it's been revealed that OOC's have not risen, you're claiming the money is gonna be hidden in some other costs? Really? We must have the worst and/or most corrupt auditors in the world.

LOL, so all this furore over the OOC's and accusations that they are used to hide money being syphoned out of the club, but now that turnover has increased and it's been revealed that OOC's have not risen, you're claiming the money is gonna be hidden in some other costs? Really? We must have the worst and/or most corrupt auditors in the world.

I bet we only posted a 5 or 6 million loss this year, instead of 9 million on the last set of accounts.

No, not just now on the spare of the moment, since last summer's AGM.

You know, if you're going to take the time out to follow me around like a lost dog quoting me, you really should take the time to do it properly.

Erm "Lol"

By the way, here's what he said today about where the extra 25M revenue is going to:

"I said at the General Meeting in the summer the new TV money has given us options - to invest in players and our Academy, perhaps to spend on facilities and to consider our levels of debt. Those choices are under constant review."

Yeah, I bet the destination of the annual 25m extra windfall will be 'under constant review'...constantly under review and never spent on the team.

'Infrastructure' I expect.

"Lol" (again).

You know, if you're going to take the time out to follow me around like a lost dog quoting me, you really should take the time to do it properly.

Erm "Lol"

By the way, here's what he said today about where the extra 25M revenue is going to:

"I said at the General Meeting in the summer the new TV money has given us options - to invest in players and our Academy, perhaps to spend on facilities and to consider our levels of debt. Those choices are under constant review."

Yeah, I bet the destination of the annual 25m extra windfall will be 'under constant review'...constantly under review and never spent on the team.

"Lol" (again).

Following you round? I thought we were having a debate. Trust me mate, if you weren't posting on an Everton forum, I'd have absolutely nothing to do with you. And that's not an insult, just a fact.

Regardless of what the money is earmarked for, it's clearly not going to vanish. If we have spare cash to set aside for various plans or projects, then it will clearly show up as a profit in the accts. If it does vanish then you've stated on numerous occasions that the Modus Operandi of this board (you suspect) is to hide it under OOC's.

Erm "Lol"

"Lol" (again).

At least we are finally going to get the Batman lights from the Destination Kirkby drawings.

I had to laugh at Mickey's comment about the new pitch, next year it will be how great the new lights are.

Following you round? I thought we were having a debate. Trust me mate, if you weren't posting on an Everton forum, I'd have absolutely nothing to do with you. And that's not an insult, just a fact.

Regardless of what the money is earmarked for, it's clearly not going to vanish. If we have spare cash to set aside for various plans or projects, then it will clearly show up as a profit in the accts. If it does vanish then you've stated on numerous occasions that the Modus Operandi of this board (you suspect) is to hide it under OOC's.

Due to the sh1tstorm of management in the recent past, when quick fix, stabilise the power methods were deployed, these other operating costs have hidden the methods used to prop up an incompetent board, which is basically to hock off everything by sale or lease to anyone who would take it, getting cheap sponsorships, the easiest route available.

Now, due to the tax laws of these lands, the use of offshore banking, in general, keeps information to a threadbare minimum. 'We' have basically been repeatedly going to Wonga to re-loan borrowings because we had maxed out all normal credit facilities and the normal banks knew and realised we had no collateral other than staff, so too did the board, and used it to keep the bailiffs from the door.

Someone, anyone, will now say 'prove it', my answer is, the information has already been put out there in many formats, from many different media, you should have been taking notice. Go look, find it for yourself or keep your fingers crossed it all doesn't catch up with the club any time soon.

Due to the sh1tstorm of management in the recent past, when quick fix, stabilise the power methods were deployed, these other operating costs have hidden the methods used to prop up an incompetent board, which is basically to hock off everything by sale or lease to anyone who would take it, getting cheap sponsorships, the easiest route available.

Now, due to the tax laws of these lands, the use of offshore banking, in general, keeps information to a threadbare minimum. 'We' have basically been repeatedly going to Wonga to re-loan borrowings because we had maxed out all normal credit facilities and the normal banks knew and realised we had no collateral other than staff, so too did the board, and used it to keep the bailiffs from the door.

Someone, anyone, will now say 'prove it', my answer is, the information has already been put out there in many formats, from many different media, you should have been taking notice. Go look, find it for yourself or keep your fingers crossed it all doesn't catch up with the club any time soon.

The thing is, I agree we need new owners/investment. I just don't buy into all the conspiracy crap about fraudulent activity. There's not a shred of evidence to suggest there has been any, and if there was, you'd expect HMRC to pick up on it before some disgruntled fans on a forum.

The thing is, I agree we need new owners/investment. I just don't buy into all the conspiracy crap about fraudulent activity. There's not abusinessof evidence to suggest there has been any, and if there was, you'd expect HMRC to pick up on it before some disgruntled fans on a forum.

There is a world of sh1t that goes on with auditors and finance that is fraudulent, the tax people are impotent, so piddling fish like us don't scream out for scrutiny.
None of this is conspiracy, they are conclusions based on all available information and performance, the vast majority of which seems to fly in the face of sensible business practice.

If there was someone other than Bill Kenwright as the figurehead at Everton, do you think there would be more scrutiny by the supporters of the performance of the board? Bear in mind the 1. He is an actor above all things, 2. He is well connected with media friends, and 3. Johnson was hounded out for a lot, lot less than has been managed by the world's greatest Evertonian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back