Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was someone other than Bill Kenwright as the figurehead at Everton, do you think there would be more scrutiny by the supporters of the performance of the board?

this is one thing that always makes me wonder. Im not a board person, i'll be honest. But putting aside he is who he is and looking at the actual state of the club, if the person in charge was someone from America or China, would others be granting him so much leeway?

There is a world of sh1t that goes on with auditors and finance that is fraudulent, the tax people are impotent, so piddling fish like us don't scream out for scrutiny.
None of this is conspiracy, they are conclusions based on all available information and performance, the vast majority of which seems to fly in the face of sensible business practice.

If there was someone other than Bill Kenwright as the figurehead at Everton, do you think there would be more scrutiny by the supporters of the performance of the board? Bear in mind the 1. He is an actor above all things, 2. He is well connected with media friends, and 3. Johnson was hounded out for a lot, lot less than has been managed by the world's greatest Evertonian

So what do we as ordinary fans who love the club actually DO ????

It's nonsense because he's saying it's a great deal in the sense that it's an efficient "right, that's got that risk off our hands" and not an answer dealing with whether he got value for money with the 10 year deal. By all means if you think locking EFC into a 30M deal over ten years is value for money then be my guest in arguing it. Also, it was nonsense in the sense he was talking up the availability of merchandise via Kitbag. I think there's a fair few on here and elsewhere who'll contradict that ridiculous statement.

So yeah 'nonsense ' it is.

Hahahahaha not all. Good try though.

There is a world of sh1t that goes on with auditors and finance that is fraudulent, the tax people are impotent, so piddling fish like us don't scream out for scrutiny.
None of this is conspiracy, they are conclusions based on all available information and performance, the vast majority of which seems to fly in the face of sensible business practice.

If there was someone other than Bill Kenwright as the figurehead at Everton, do you think there would be more scrutiny by the supporters of the performance of the board? Bear in mind the 1. He is an actor above all things, 2. He is well connected with media friends, and 3. Johnson was hounded out for a lot, lot less than has been managed by the world's greatest Evertonian

I just don't buy it mate. 78% of our turnover (according to the last set of accts.) goes on wages. This is cold hard fact. Does this sound like the actions of somebody who is in position to milk us dry?

That figure could be halved, whilst also raking in about £100 million pound through a fire sale of players (Jags, Barkley, Coleman, Baines, Mirallas, Howard, etc)

What has the fact that Bill Kenwright works in the theatre and films got to do with anything? I have a theory about how this effects his actions, which I described on another forum ages ago, but its far to long winded to repeat now. So what do you think?

Following you round? I thought we were having a debate. Trust me mate, if you weren't posting on an Everton forum, I'd have absolutely nothing to do with you. And that's not an insult, just a fact.

Regardless of what the money is earmarked for, it's clearly not going to vanish. If we have spare cash to set aside for various plans or projects, then it will clearly show up as a profit in the accts. If it does vanish then you've stated on numerous occasions that the Modus Operandi of this board (you suspect) is to hide it under OOC's.

Of course it's not going to vanish. Who said it'd vanish? I said it'll disappear off the table and go toward some cost or project or other that will be so vague and 'down the road' it'll be practically useless as an explanation of what it has, in fact, gone on. They're not going to incinerate it, of course not. What's being stressed is it isn't going to go on the team where it should go. Go back and read the man's words from today and tell me where you think the new tv revenue will go to. You'll struggle.

Listen, I've discussed this here with you as best I can, but ultimately you resort to the accusations that "the conspiracy theorists" are saying Bill and his mates are trousering the cash and buying yachts. You're way off the pace of this.

Sorry, but for someone calling themselves mythbuster, you're not much of a myth buster.

What has the fact that Bill Kenwright works in the theatre and films got to do with anything? I have a theory about how this effects his actions, which I described on another forum ages ago, but its far to long winded to repeat now. So what do you think?

I think you should try to repeat the theory, interested in what it was.

Of course it's not going to vanish. Who said it'd vanish? I said it'll disappear off the table and go toward some cost or project or other that will be so vague and 'down the road' it'll be practically useless as an explanation of what it has, in fact, gone on. They're not going to incinerate it, of course not. What's being stressed is it isn't going to go on the team where it should go. Go back and read the man's words from today and tell me where you think the new tv revenue will go to. You'll struggle.

Listen, I've discussed this here with you as best I can, but ultimately you resort to the accusations that "the conspiracy theorists" are saying Bill and his mates are trousering the cash and buying yachts. You're way off the pace of this.

Sorry, but for someone calling themselves mythbuster, you're not much of a myth buster.

So, where do you think the money will go then dave?

Oh, and my username is more to do with people who think Bily would make a great ACM etc, I'm far from a business expert.

I did likewise elsewhere too. Around a certain desire to be loved, the centre of attention, to be able to be some invented character, to do favours for favours to form friendships and alliances that would allow him to operate and maintain the character he wants to be.....it is his ego, and it has control over the club, with his interests at the very front.

The greatest living Evertonian. Ironic, don't you think?

So, where do you think the money will go then dave?

Oh, and my username is more to do with people who think Bily would make a great ACM etc, I'm far from a business expert.

I have no idea. If the CEO of the club hasn't got a clue where it will go, then none of us have either.

It stands to reason that players are going to get a cut of any extra money, but that doesn't tell the whole story of where cash coming in (that doesn't go on new players) is going to. It seems to me that we are operating as a club in the same fashion now with 105M annual revenue to one with a revenue of 80M, as we were. If anyone doesn't feel that way I'd like to know where they feel the increase in tv revenue has gone to and what's happening with the surplus trade in players of the last two windows.

I, like a lot of other people, am easily cured of my suspicions: we just have to be provided with answers (of the non-vague non-speculative variety).

Johnson was hounded out for a lot, lot less than has been managed by the world's greatest Evertonian

The greatest living Evertonian. Ironic, don't you think?

Why do anti-Kenwrighters keep saying that? It doesn't help your argument, it just makes you appear vindictive.

Before the anti crowd repeat the same old personal criticisms, here's a handy guide on the main ones used:

"Bill elected himself into our fabled Hall of Fame, the ego-maniac! He thinks he's the Greatest Living Evertonian."

The Everton fanbase voted Bill, alongside the likes of Graham Stuart and Tony Kay, to be inducted.
Clearly, if Tony bloody Kay gets in, so should Bill Kenwright. And not sure where the "he elected himself" bit comes from either.

"He's a kopite! Throw him out of Goodison! He admitted his uncle took him to the Kop."

This is a reference to Bill's Hillsborough Verdict speech, where he was referring to Everton away days.
Back then the derby was a more family affair, and taking your blue littlun to see the Kop was quite exciting.

"He got rid of our motto! He doesn't get us."

The club's marketing department came up with a new badge that didn't have our latin motto on it. After much fan criticism, Kenwright authorised a fan-voted redesign. Surely the chairman should get credit rather than criticised for this?

"He's a hypocrite by calling on the romance of Goodison Park in his speeches when he told us it was on its last legs and we need a new ground."

Okay, but...we can surely all say that the stadium needs work and that it's still special at the same time, can't we?

"Bill will lose player sales money in Other Operating Costs"

Our misc. operating costs are on par with our peers as a ratio of turnover. Liverpool's are twice as much as ours, for example. Money from player sales is documented, every year, by the club. It generally goes to the increased wage bill.

fair criticism of Kenwright would be things like:

- unable to plough extra money into transfer kitties (poor net spends in comparison with rivals)
- aparently unwilling to sell to any old buyer
- tendency to tell little white fibs, or to over-sentimentalise things

The first one is important for us to discuss in the short-term, and looking further ahead the second one continues to be an issue, as it basically ensures the first criticism remains.

As excited as I was over this window, the calmness has returned. We should judge Kenwright on player-sales money after the summer window.

So what do we as ordinary fans who love the club actually DO ????

'We' stopped his DK debacle, just shows what can be done.

Imagine what we could do with someone able as a chairman? I'm not averse to him being an honorary director or bog cleaner, but he plays this I'm just a fan like you thing and plays the supporters like a ten bib banjo at the same time.
His lies and mistruths are too numerous to mention which should display the disdain he holds for the plebs on the terraces.

What we 'do' is get rid of him. How? Is open to imagination and effort and a will to be where we should be as a club again. I think there is still too much memory of relegation scrapes creating fear amongst a load of blues, it's about time we moved on from that, but that is what the greatest living evertonian llays on.

IMHO, of course.

'We' stopped his DK debacle, just shows what can be done.

Imagine what we could do with someone able as a chairman? I'm not averse to him being an honorary director or bog cleaner, but he plays this I'm just a fan like you thing and plays the supporters like a ten bib banjo at the same time.
His lies and mistruths are too numerous to mention which should display the disdain he holds for the plebs on the terraces.

What we 'do' is get rid of him. How? Is open to imagination and effort and a will to be where we should be as a club again. I think there is still too much memory of relegation scrapes creating fear amongst a load of blues, it's about time we moved on from that, but that is what the greatest living evertonian llays on.

IMHO, of course.

well said, the fanbase are sat in the same fear of relegation as the peasents under the bishop with the bible
we need to oust not only him but all the parasites in the board but as he's boys pen bill he gets away from it. Too many soppy narrow minded supporters in our club cause he's blue he's sound if he was a RS (which he actually is by his own accord in private) people would be against him.

That is as bigger pile of hyperbole I've seen since the echo in dk days. Nonsense.

At what point does the future become today, when does Bill (sic) plan for the future with realistic proposals? Even the one gold plated opportunity at the dock he managed to spectacularlt gnarls up, with repercussions in this city ever since

dholliday, how much patience do you have left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back