Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
jesus, you can't make it up.

Actually, yes you can.

its true, he said himself how he was passed around the kop as a child by all these LFC fans, and someone on here shown that book where he was quoted as being gutted how "the great song of the KOP" YNWA was not included in some theatre performance. The fella's a conman I guarantee if he was a Liverpool fan he would be rolling out the "greatest LFC fan in the world" like he does here but everton.

Do you all believe that a multi millionaire new chairman would give a flying f... what fans want, they would run it their own way more than likely as a cash cow or ego trip, so no change.

I have no idea. If the CEO of the club hasn't got a clue where it will go, then none of us have either.

It stands to reason that players are going to get a cut of any extra money, but that doesn't tell the whole story of where cash coming in (that doesn't go on new players) is going to. It seems to me that we are operating as a club in the same fashion now with 105M annual revenue to one with a revenue of 80M, as we were. If anyone doesn't feel that way I'd like to know where they feel the increase in tv revenue has gone to and what's happening with the surplus trade in players of the last two windows.

I, like a lot of other people, am easily cured of my suspicions: we just have to be provided with answers (of the non-vague non-speculative variety).

Suspicions of what mate?

dholliday, how much patience do you have left?

its true, he said himself how he was passed around the kop as a child by all these LFC fans

Jeeeeesus...two or three posts above you:

"Bill elected himself into our fabled Hall of Fame, the ego-maniac! He thinks he's the Greatest Living Evertonian."

The Everton fanbase voted Bill, alongside the likes of Graham Stuart and Tony Kay, to be inducted.
Clearly, if Tony bloody Kay gets in, so should Bill Kenwright. And not sure where the "he elected himself" bit comes from either.

"He's a kopite! Throw him out of Goodison! He admitted his uncle took him to the Kop."

This is a reference to Bill's Hillsborough Verdict speech, where he was referring to Everton away days.
Back then the derby was a more family affair, and taking your blue littlun to see the Kop was quite exciting.

We should judge Kenwright on player-sales money after the summer window.

and someone on here shown that book where he was quoted as being gutted how "the great song of the KOP" YNWA was not included in some theatre performance.

I posted that screenshot of the book. It's from like 50 years ago.

Leighton Baines used to support Liverpool before seeing the light. Shall we villify him for that too?

Really, if the anti-Kenwright crowd actually had coherent argument then I'd engage. But this blind agenda-tripe isn't worth my time.

Greg O'Keeffe's Twitter feed:

Contrary to rumours Everton are not signing James McArthur from Wigan. He was at Finch Farm today as part of his coaching badges.

it's down to the manager's strategy not a lack of funds.

he's explained previously that he may well spend most of his money in the summer.

if Traore deal is done it is likely to be last bit of January business for Everton.

Manager says club still working on Traore deal but 'few other issues to get through'. He hopes Falcao injury won't ruin deal. Will know soon.

Martinez says Deulofeu could be fit in time for Villa game next week.

Most though. I actually think we could do a damn site worse than BK. I I do think he has the clubs best interest at heart. I did speak to him a few years back at a family function and he is not the kopite devil made out on here.

fully agree with you. It is ridiculous how much stick he gets here. For example this thread...same few peeps keep pumping it up and talking mainly nonsense. Theres facts also ofcourse, good infos too, but sooo much plain bs.

In the past 14 years the premier league money has gone crazy, its attracted new owners and investors from all reaches of the globe to it.

Yet, we apparently can't find one. But Bill is looking 24/7 for one as he claims himself, but according to him and Elstone people are not buying clubs. Just watch Southampton get sold before next season starts.

But look back in the past, Bill can and has found investors when its needed. He got Gregg and the other members of true blue holdings to acquire Johnsons shares. When Gregg made moves to take control, what happened? He found Fortress group to invest to kill Gregg off, was it real?? Or a means to an end??

Wait a minute, Bill is protecting us from bad owners who want to make a profit and not care one iota about the club. Protect us from the likes of Robert Earl, oh wait a minute.

Kings Dock, Destination Kirkby, NTL, Annexe etc etc the list of bad out weighs the good by a country mile. The current regime have had enough chances to do things right. Things need to change.

"We should judge Kenwright on player-sales money after the summer window." people have said this for the past 10 seasons mate and its always the same outcome, Regardless of some arl fella's who went both EFC/LFC matches the fact he was so happy describing how he was passed around the Kop shows he is able to "turn on a personality" so to speak to appeal to a certain set of people, my uncle did the same growing up but he was a big RS fan and wouldn't be heard singing Z Cars or happily recount being passed around the Park End as a boy.

He's brilliant at manipulating I'll give him that, if he was an average joe he would be knocking on arl ladies doors trying to flog them double glazing

the list of bad out weighs the good by a country mile. The current regime have had enough chances to do things right. Things need to change.

I'll even join that bandwagon if the manager's not properly supported in the summer. Just think we should give Team Martinez/Kenwright the full season together first.

In the past 14 years the premier league money has gone crazy, its attracted new owners and investors from all reaches of the globe to it.

Yet, we apparently can't find one. But Bill is looking 24/7 for one as he claims himself, but according to him and Elstone people are not buying clubs. Just watch Southampton get sold before next season starts.

But look back in the past, Bill can and has found investors when its needed. He got Gregg and the other members of true blue holdings to acquire Johnsons shares. When Gregg made moves to take control, what happened? He found Fortress group to invest to kill Gregg off, was it real?? Or a means to an end??

Wait a minute, Bill is protecting us from bad owners who want to make a profit and not care one iota about the club. Protect us from the likes of Robert Earl, oh wait a minute.

Kings Dock, Destination Kirkby, NTL, Annexe etc etc the list of bad out weighs the good by a country mile. The current regime have had enough chances to do things right. Things need to change.

Pretty much this.

Sometimes it's silly to paint BK as a pantomime villain, maybe he is a staunch blue.... but IMO he's a businessman first and his and the board's agenda will always come first.

I'll even join that bandwagon if the manager's not properly supported in the summer. Just think we should give Team Martinez/Kenwright the full season together first.

that's like giving full praise to a team at school that consisted of one kid doing all the work and the other a lazy arse leaving the other to do the lot whilst he's out on the lash, theirs no team work when it comes to our board as a whole, the manager has to wheel and deal and sell to buy

the fact he was so happy describing how he was passed around the Kop shows he is able to appeal to a certain section of fans, my uncle did the same growing up but he was a big RS fan and wouldn't be heard singing Z Cars or happily recount being passed around the Park End as a boy.

I don't get why you're so bothered by that. The derby used to be known as the Friendly Derby, you know. There was a mutual respect amongst all the ribbing that Dixie, Labone, and Shankly for them partook in.

Now that mutual respect is all but gone, leaving only the ribbing, which as a result is now more vicious than ever.

Not good, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back