Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO he's a businessman first and his and the board's agenda will always come first.

I agree with this completely. He's a businessman keeping his shareholders happy, and lacks the balls to take the club forward (which in effect would make the shareholders even happier).

Still gonna let him have one full season with Martinez, including up to the end of the summer window. If we're not backed by funds, then I hope the Blue Union will come back out to play.

I don't get why you're so bothered by that. The derby used to be known as the Friendly Derby, you know. There was a mutual respect amongst all the ribbing that Dixie, Labone, and Shankly for them partook in.

Now that mutual respect is all but gone, leaving only the ribbing, which as a result is now more vicious than ever.

Not good, in my opinion.

its the fact that he can put on a different face to get certain sections of people to like him
Evertonians: "boys pen billy" "no bigger evertonian than me"
RS fans: "passed around the Kop as a boy" "some great memories growing up"

it fits in nicely with him being an actor, the way he can manipulate and put on a role when needed, like someone has said on here in the theatre industry he's seen as a being ruthless, yet at everton where in football its the fans that have the power in reality, he puts on this "soft, gentle old supporter from the boys pen" face to appeal which works, look at the BU shouting over the fence thing, people coming out with "he's an old man leave him alone" its brilliant how he does it.

I agree with this completely. He's a businessman keeping his shareholders happy, and lacks the balls to take the club forward (which in effect would make the shareholders even happier).

Still gonna let him have one full season with Martinez, including up to the end of the summer window. If we're not backed by funds, then I hope the Blue Union will come back out to play.

Martinez will get money to spend this summer, I've no doubt of it. But look at what Elstone says in that interview. We sell for high cash up front and buy on staged payments.

So we will make some buys with new loans against future tv payments, bigger loans with more interest to pay. But these buys will be in staged payments like the Felli deal. We will all be happy, but the next summer we have no money to buy players as its needed for the staged payments for last years transfers. History will repeat itself.

its the fact that he can put on a different face to get certain sections of people to like him
Evertonians: "boys pen billy" "no bigger evertonian than me"
RS fans: "passed around the Kop as a boy" "some great memories growing up"

it fits in nicely with him being an actor, the way he can manipulate and put on a role when needed, like someone has said on here in the theatre industry he's seen as a being ruthless, yet at everton where in football its the fans that have the power in reality, he puts on this "soft, gentle old supporter from the boys pen" face to appeal which works, look at the BU shouting over the fence thing, people coming out with "he's an old man leave him alone" its brilliant how he does it.

I think you're paying too much attention to the man. I also said earlier he's overly-sentimental and deals in little white fibs sometimes to play whatever role suits him.

Check out Moomin's post, that's more useful criticism:

Martinez will get money to spend this summer, I've no doubt of it. But look at what Elstone says in that interview. We sell for high cash up front and buy on staged payments.

So we will make some buys with new loans against future tv payments, bigger loans with more interest to pay. But these buys will be in staged payments like the Felli deal. We will all be happy, but the next summer we have no money to buy players as its needed for the staged payments for last years transfers. History will repeat itself.

This doesn't make for pretty reading when trying to make sense of the accounts.

What has the fact that Bill Kenwright works in the theatre and films got to do with anything? I have a theory about how this effects his actions, which I described on another forum ages ago, but its far to long winded to repeat now. So what do you think?

I really hope you're going to tell us about Miss Saigon and the helicopter again.

Miss Saigon and helicopters please. We welcome crazy talk up in here. As long as off topic posts are a laugh and non offensive....

I will judge Bill on what he spends during the 2017 transfer window. Anything else is just kneejerking, we don't need to spend now....if Barkley is injured Osman comes in and does a wonderful job....Likewise The Nais if Lukaku gets injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back