Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so 3 years and 647 pages later and we're all still sitting in front of our computers moaning about what a bad man Bill Kenwright is. Next time Bill logs on he will be shaking in his boots and i can see him reconsidering his position after that.

so 3 years and 647 pages later and we're all still sitting in front of our computers moaning about what a bad man Bill Kenwright is. Next time Bill logs on he will be shaking in his boots and i can see him reconsidering his position after that.

And what are you doing that is so different? Trying to be a smart arse (and failing miserably) to anybody who speaks up and says anything negative against the board?

People did try to do something about it after Kenwright made a complete whopper of himself in an interview. Seems a lot more people were outraged about the interviewees telling what had been said afterwards.

The next financial report should look interesting: the most conservative estimate is that we've had a negative net spend of £30m over the past four years, while last summer our ins and outs led to ~£4m annual reduction in wages. As far as I'm aware there's been no restructuring of loan repayments, so - and please educate me if I'm being naive - it seems like money should be pooling somewhere. Right?

Since the summer window, where we received (again a conservative estimate) ~£12m more than we spent, we've sold Jelavic for (I'll stick to the lowest of the reported fees for outgoings, highest for incomings) £5.5m and cut another ~£1.5m from our wage expenditure. We've added McGeady for a nominal fee (let's say £1m, which is a bit more than some reliable sources say) on a salary we can safely assume is comparable to Jelavic's, and Traore for an unknown loan fee and salary (but, as reported, it looks from Monaco's financials that he's salaried at 1.5m p/a, so lets just assume we're paying the full amount). Let's be a little silly and say we payed Monaco £1m for loaning Traore, which we definitely didn't.

Forgetting the Arteta/Yakubu/Rodwell/Lescott/Kitbag/Chang/Old Mother Kenwright money, we're left right now with a surplus of £15m in transfer fees and overall wage expenditure of around £3m less than 12 months ago. Oh, and that's without considering the biggest media deal in sport history that every other club in the league has spent against. I mean, even Norwich.

A few weeks ago Martinez was explicit in his desire to replace Gibson and Kone. A little later he decided that the squad had real depth and implied that perhaps replacements were not necessary. He added McGeady, a player with a few months on his deal, after saying it wouldn't happen in January. He replaced Jelavic with a loan, poached from under the noses of another club. He's gone public in an attempt to shift Heitinga and his £60k p/w. In separate conversations last night he said that he both would and wouldn't be looking to replace Lukaku, who, along with Oviedo, may be out for the remainder of the season. Upshot: he's either playing a very cunning game or, more likely, the board/chairman/chief exec are not communicating a consistent message.

Martinez will look a little foolish if we don't get anyone in before this window closes, and, while an inevitable win over Villa on Saturday will dilute the vitriol, we'll almost certainly have to do the same bewildered basic maths in the summer.

So, what's the solution?

Sick of the defence of Kenwright and co, the old line pedalled out by fans...be careful what you wish for, we could get the next Tan.

We could, true, but Tan has at least put his own money into the club, but we could also get someone like City have!

The fact is every window i'm seeing players leave for big money and players come in on loan/small fees. At christmas we had the push for 4th. January 1st we should've started spending the money we clearly have and got the points against the likes of WBA with it. Instead we've sold Jelavic and began our tumble down the league.

I remember when we got CL, instead of spending to progress we instead thought small time again, when you see teams around us throwing money everywhere then see us selling just to get loans in, how do fans still back billy liar?? The guy is a joke and so are the fans that brainlessly support and follow him.

We have bright young stars and a bright young manager, the team has come to have a board that can back us!

I've said it a million times, is Bill Kenwright was called Billio Kenwrightio from Spain fans would be kicking down his door now to get rid of him, but because he's the biggest Everton fan in the world he gets to stay. Wake up!

The next financial report should look interesting: the most conservative estimate is that we've had a negative net spend of £30m over the past four years, while last summer our ins and outs led to ~£4m annual reduction in wages. As far as I'm aware there's been no restructuring of loan repayments, so - and please educate me if I'm being naive - it seems like money should be pooling somewhere. Right?

Since the summer window, where we received (again a conservative estimate) ~£12m more than we spent, we've sold Jelavic for (I'll stick to the lowest of the reported fees for outgoings, highest for incomings) £5.5m and cut another ~£1.5m from our wage expenditure. We've added McGeady for a nominal fee (let's say £1m, which is a bit more than some reliable sources say) on a salary we can safely assume is comparable to Jelavic's, and Traore for an unknown loan fee and salary (but, as reported, it looks from Monaco's financials that he's salaried at 1.5m p/a, so lets just assume we're paying the full amount). Let's be a little silly and say we payed Monaco £1m for loaning Traore, which we definitely didn't.

Forgetting the Arteta/Yakubu/Rodwell/Lescott/Kitbag/Chang/Old Mother Kenwright money, we're left right now with a surplus of £15m in transfer fees and overall wage expenditure of around £3m less than 12 months ago. Oh, and that's without considering the biggest media deal in sport history that every other club in the league has spent against. I mean, even Norwich.

A few weeks ago Martinez was explicit in his desire to replace Gibson and Kone. A little later he decided that the squad had real depth and implied that perhaps replacements were not necessary. He added McGeady, a player with a few months on his deal, after saying it wouldn't happen in January. He replaced Jelavic with a loan, poached from under the noses of another club. He's gone public in an attempt to shift Heitinga and his £60k p/w. In separate conversations last night he said that he both would and wouldn't be looking to replace Lukaku, who, along with Oviedo, may be out for the remainder of the season. Upshot: he's either playing a very cunning game or, more likely, the board/chairman/chief exec are not communicating a consistent message.

Martinez will look a little foolish if we don't get anyone in before this window closes, and, while an inevitable win over Villa on Saturday will dilute the vitriol, we'll almost certainly have to do the same bewildered basic maths in the summer.

So, what's the solution?

Good summary.

The first part of any solution is to identify and accept something is wrong in the first place, so hat's off to you.

If you're asking how fans can impact then we've seen what happens when a lead is given: it's simply rebuffed when it crashes into the rocks of a handful of decent results. There's no long term analysis. It's all short term.

Of course, the supporters could get rid of this lot very quickly indeed if there was a boycott of the club to force a sale. But the drug addiction is too great for that to take hold.

I hate to admit it, but we are in a situation where most are happy (after a grumble when matches like this result in a humiliation) with also ran status...as long as we trouble the big boys once in a while and get a pat on the head off the media. That's been Kenwright's achievement: to lower the expectations that much they'll see his tenure of utter failure as acceptable....and he'll still walk away with tens of millions in profit and the good wishes of the majority of mugs he's exploited.

Bill kenright has been at this for years I dont care how he feels I honestly don't give a monkeys this needs to be sorted he needs help.the man is a loon he said in his this first press conference with Martinez that all money of player sales woud go to Martinez how many more lies are we going to let him get away with? I pay a lot of money for me and my two sons season tickets for what to out and get a load of loans unbelievable really is.

Last edited:
Bill kenright has been at this for years I dont care how he feels I honestly don't give a monkeys this needs to be sorted he needs help.the man is a loon he said in his this first press conference with Martinez that all money of player sales woud go to Martinez how many more lies are we going to let him get away with?
You are bang on we let him get away with it and he is laughing behind our backs.
He manipulates the media and the happy clappers believe everything he says.

Somebody remind me how much the television money was this season, was it £20m?

If it was, then that money wasn't used in any way to help the club. Our transfers were bought with the Fellaini money.

You are bang on we let him get away with it and he is laughing behind our backs.
He manipulates the media and the happy clappers believe everything he says.

We actually did have a group of fans who had had enough, and wanted him out...they were run out of town by the Happy Clappers...hope they're still happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back