Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did in my posts last night say that the continual lack of money was a separate issue to the manager failing to spend all of it in this transfer window just gone.

Were owned by a mix of people who either can't or won't invest in the club out of their own wealth. That's a fact. Coupled our inability to generate top of the class income from our ground and support it leaves us firmly in a massive soup of clubs aspiring to have a day in the sun by bridging that gap through either years of smart moves, money or fluke.

The stats are sobering because few seldom achieve it and none ever sustain it.

So while its nice to be playing ace footie and at the right end of the table its a shot in the arm rather than the long term progress and consolodation you want/expect from an Everton team. I liked Martinez's comments about not being ashamed at competing for the title as weve won nine of them so its nothing new to us.

As things stand we won't be getting near that league title for a very long time. The Champions League is a bit easier but again as I said those odds are stocked against us.

Its not for me to tell you how to support Everton so all you can do is say how you think and aspire Everton to be. I've seen Everton win a couple of league titles in my life and a European trophy. I'd like more of that naturally.

There's been calls for change and still and ongoing effort by a bunch of blues to enable that change. As first I didn't like their approach but in time its a bunch of blues as passionate about the club as you or I.

There's been a worrying trend in the past couple of years where blues try and push each other into two well defined opposite stances. Either Pro board or anti board, with no grey area in the middle. The fact is that a vast majority of match going Evertonians are in that middle, and again I won't criticise as its their choice. They're moderates and there's nothing wrong with that.

I do believe that the current people owning the club benefit from that for as long as we swerve a true relegation battle or enforced firesale at the club then there's sufficient lack of ambition through a nineties Everton hangover (again not criticising just my opinion) that goodwill is generated by competing at the right end of the league.

In the meantime its ticking over and will be nineteen years without a trophy this summer if we fail to win the FA Cup this year. I'd really like someone to come in - not a bell - and really have a go at restoring Everton to their default position through the history of football in the country. If there are no apparent buyers then that would point to the asking price being too high. Simple business QED. I don't know them enough to second guess their motives behind not doing this. I'm disappointed repeatedly with our inability to invest in the team/club. It cheapens us.

I want that change but I also have to realise that unless the fanbase pushes for it to happen then its not so forthcoming. What we need to swerve doing is fragmenting the fanbase further. If like me you want that change then we will never achieve it by antagonising fellow blues who are sound with the current set up. It breeds hostility towards those trying to rally Evertonians together to help push for that change which would be a sad outcome as there's some good work being done constructively.

I swerve this thread because it becomes a virtual Groundhog Day or to and forth and then barbed insults. But there, off the fence for a moment you bells.

Quick summary:

Fat Head out...stop insulting each other....deez are ****e deez lad. (y)

Great summary Chico baby. Cannot understand those who stand by BK, load of bollocks. Him and the rest have held us back and I hate seeing him up there smiling, turns my stomach.

Great summary Chico baby. Cannot understand those who stand by BK, load of bollocks. Him and the rest have held us back and I hate seeing him up there smiling, turns my stomach.

Those that stand by Kenwright realise how hard it is to sell Everton with the state of the ground, it would be easy to just sell it, but he's an Evertonian and he will only sell to the right bidder.
He tried two attempts to push us forward and sadly both failed.
My own opinion is we would be in far better position in Kirkby than we are now(a hopeless situation) I realise that's not everybody's opinion, but what is clear Kenwright has the support of the vast majority of Evertonians.

but he's an Evertonian and he will only sell to the right bidder..

This is a big part of the problem. When your passionate enough about something those blinkers tend be put on and you get a very narrow view of things. They got us to a stable ish position post 90s debacle.

All it needs is someone to be brought in with a big pair on them willing to take risks.

Those that stand by Kenwright realise how hard it is to sell Everton with the state of the ground, it would be easy to just sell it, but he's an Evertonian and he will only sell to the right bidder.
He tried two attempts to push us forward and sadly both failed.
My own opinion is we would be in far better position in Kirkby than we are now(a hopeless situation) I realise that's not everybody's opinion, but what is clear Kenwright has the support of the vast majority of Evertonians.

Genuine question, how would the club be in a better position in Kirkby? Considering the projections put forward by the club regarding increased revenues, against the penalties imposed by KMBC within the terms, given the same performances on the pitch, I cannot see how that could be feasible, there were no projections for paying down debt, only to increase credit lines.

I standby BK, we are sitting just off an Champs League spot & still in the FA Cup, and people still find the the time to moan about our club.

Please name me an potential Investor who is actively looking to purchase an Premier League Club at the moment???

I standby BK, we are sitting just off an Champs League spot & still in the FA Cup, and people still find the the time to moan about our club.

Please name me an potential Investor who is actively looking to purchase an Premier League Club at the moment???

There's reportedly a rather large number of investors from Russia and the Far East interested in UK businesses. Passing money through the UK is a good way of making dodgy cash look decent. Whether or not we would want these investors is a different question, but they are out there.

That's a bit short sighted. We're where we are now, and at the moment, but we have a major part of our team made up of players owned by other clubs. We are there in spite of BK, not because of him. Fair enough, he's not a multi-billionaire, but I don't buy the idea that he's the best we could do.

Southampton are supposed to be a strong possibility for a sale to that Chinese Businessman who would be the richest individual in the league (Abu Dhabi isn't an individual), yet there is no one with more than Bills pocket fluff and a piece of coal to invest in a club like Everton? It just doesn't add up to me.

I wouldn't want to be a new Chelsea, I'd just like someone to allow us to reach our natural potential. If that is challenging for 4th and the odd cup win, then so be it. There is honour in that, and although at times I look at substitute benches packed with £25m signings with nothing but jealousy, that's just not football.

I'll take my football honest, and a load of cockney [Poor language removed] suddenly falling in love with us because we'd become a rich mans plaything is just as unpalatable to me as never winning the league again in my life time.

To be honest that is despite Kenwright, not because of him. In all his years he has used the least taxing method for himself to manage the business, nothing he has done has furthered the club at all. Player sales, asset stripping and TV windfalls have propped his board up all the way through his tenure.
He has had more than enough time to find genuine investment or a sale but no means of stepping up have been provided or plan put forward to continue momentum or develop the business.
Each time we get close we turn our back on opportunity. Obvious he wants his part in any glory, whatever means and at whatever cost to the clubs future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back