Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was talking about the club, not the team.

By the time you've bought it, solved the stadium issue & then invested in the squad, you'd be looking at the kind of figure he mentions

Juventus' new stadium which is state of the art and holds 40,000+, cost £90m to build.

The club would cost £120m to buy if the rumours are to be believed.

That's £210m.

I don't think the team needs £300m of investment right now...

Those that stand by Kenwright realise how hard it is to sell Everton with the state of the ground, it would be easy to just sell it, but he's an Evertonian and he will only sell to the right bidder.
He tried two attempts to push us forward and sadly both failed.
My own opinion is we would be in far better position in Kirkby than we are now(a hopeless situation) I realise that's not everybody's opinion, but what is clear Kenwright has the support of the vast majority of Evertonians.

Don't know whether you live in the parish or not but Kirkby was a simply massive odds against gamble for this club EVERY single reason Goodison virtually sells out year after year despite winning nothing is based upon tradition and history.

To move out of town surrender OUR city to LFC was playing with fire only an immediate transformation of fortunes would have salvaged the indignity of such an act and not a single club anywhere has had such a transformation based on a new stadium.

It was the biggest time share con in history.

No reason to believe results would have changed as Moyes would have stayed the only change would have been many traditionalists washing their hands of the whole thing - to them EFC would have disappeared.

We dodged a fatal bullet there.

Juventus' new stadium which is state of the art and holds 40,000+, cost £90m to build.

The club would cost £120m to buy if the rumours are to be believed.

That's £210m.

I don't think the team needs £300m of investment right now...

Yeah right oh, if you can solve EFC's stadium issue for £90m including land purchase, then you'd better give Bill a call lad.

Spurs new stadium is going to cost £450m, merely changing the Olympic stadium into a venue that'd an used for football is going to cost £150m

Yeah right oh, if you can solve EFC's stadium issue for £90m including land purchase, then you'd better give Bill a call lad.

Spurs new stadium is going to cost £450m, merely changing the Olympic stadium into a venue that'd an used for football is going to cost £150m

DK was set to be £80m for Everton's end of the stadium scheme, £30m for KD.

DK was set to be £80m for Everton's end of the stadium scheme, £30m for KD.

& it was on an industrial estate in Kirkby, it was the cheapest of cheap designs, the land it was sat on was gratis & the groundwork & infrastructure for the estate was being 'lost' elsewhere. It was also 5 years ago....

What Everton need is a man city style money no object takeover.
Build a new stadium where there's plenty of room to do so,on one of many brown field sites in the city.
You can forget any plans to redevelop goodison as it would take decades of legal wrangling as it did for the rs when they redeveloped the kemlyn rd and anfield rd stands.

'If', says you are missing what I am stating. What I am saying is that the plan for DK wouldn't have benefitted the club anywhere near the way it was promoted, what wasn't promoted was the benefits to the major shareholders had it have gone through.

The plans depended on everything being allowed, even KMBC wouldn't allow anywhere near the required amount of extra uses to add into the figures, before the call in.

As for major shareholder, we mean chairman, the other shareholders are complicit, Kenwright was happy to be the face of DK, as he still is the face of the board today, find that speaks volumes in itself.

So are you saying that Kenwright would have come out of DK with more money, personally, or not ?

What Everton need is a man city style money no object takeover.
Build a new stadium where there's plenty of room to do so,on one of many brown field sites in the city.
You can forget any plans to redevelop goodison as it would take decades of legal wrangling as it did for the rs when they redeveloped the kemlyn rd and anfield rd stands.

There aren't that many of that type around! Even the current City owners, who acquired the club because they so an opportunity, after Shiniwatra pleaded with them for help, had a ready built stadium.

we don't need a city style buyout that's pure fantasy, what we need is a FSG//Lerner/Short etc. owner who gives money, people go on about lerner but they still spend £20 mil a season despite their cut backs..

So are you saying that Kenwright would have come out of DK with more money, personally, or not ?

The value of his original investment would have skyrocketed from no further investment or graft, the cost of which, not just in monetary terms, would have been borne by the club

The value of his original investment would have skyrocketed from no further investment or graft, the cost of which, not just in monetary terms, would have been borne by the club

Possibly in line with inflation. But how does your opinion fit in with your other opinion that DK would have been a disaster ?

DK would have been terrible for us, we would have surrendered the city to Liverpool. Everton would have been no longer a Liverpool City football club. In all the TV programmes it would have been over to Kirkby. Also moving out there would have taken the club away from it's core base of fans both now and future. Young kids in the City would have been steered to Liverpool as the football club of the city. It was an albatross which we fortunately avoided.

I think like most on here I will never forgive BK and the others for screwing up Kings Dock, now that would have had us on the premier maps off maps, the world over.

My own opinion is we would be in far better position in Kirkby than we are now(a hopeless situation) I realise that's not everybody's opinion, but what is clear Kenwright has the support of the vast majority of Evertonians.

Yes, just imagine the pickle we would be in if the Kirkby Shed was allowed to go ahead.

Yes, that enormous Tesco Retail Park that has been continually downsized to a little more than a Tesco Express.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back