Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
__i__m_singing_in_the_rain___gif_by_kraljaleksandar-d3c4ukh.gif

I SUMMON THEE DAVEK FROM THE RIGHTEOUS ALAN MYERS THREAD...COME IN DAVE THE WATERS LOVELY!

Genuine question, how would the club be in a better position in Kirkby? Considering the projections put forward by the club regarding increased revenues, against the penalties imposed by KMBC within the terms, given the same performances on the pitch, I cannot see how that could be feasible, there were no projections for paying down debt, only to increase credit lines.

I am not privy to all the calculations around Kirkby ,as I don't suppose you are, but lets look at this logically why would Kenwright put so much effort getting Everton into a brand new 55,000 seater stadium if afterwards we would be poorer??

I am not privy to all the calculations around Kirkby ,as I don't suppose you are, but lets look at this logically why would Kenwright put so much effort getting Everton into a brand new 55,000 seater stadium if afterwards we would be poorer??

On such a contentious issue as DK I made it my business to look at the clubs calculations, many did, it is why I make statements and not assumptions. Every bit of financial information put forward by the club was dependent upon contingencies that were torn to shreds at the inquiry.

We could look at DK logically, but that doesn't work, the scheme was riddled with inaccuracies, half truths and very big fibs, it was also unlawful.

So, we could well ask, why would Kenwright put so much effort into a brand new, 'effectively free', 'with the greatest transport links (including 1000 bike riders each game), under the batman lights, stadium, if afterwards we wouldn't be better off?

Perhaps looking at it illogically may help?

Because he and his backers stood to see their share in the club increase in value through little or no outlay or risk on their own part?

On such a contentious issue as DK I made it my business to look at the clubs calculations, many did, it is why I make statements and not assumptions. Every bit of financial information put forward by the club was dependent upon contingencies that were torn to shreds at the inquiry.

We could look at DK logically, but that doesn't work, the scheme was riddled with inaccuracies, half truths and very big fibs, it was also unlawful.

So, we could well ask, why would Kenwright put so much effort into a brand new, 'effectively free', 'with the greatest transport links (including 1000 bike riders each game), under the batman lights, stadium, if afterwards we wouldn't be better off?

Perhaps looking at it illogically may help?

Kenwright is a self made millionaire who is obviously a very sharp businessman.I think his wealth is all the evidence we need of that. So I will ask the question again why if he is going to be worse off afterwards would he invest so much time in Kirkby?

Kenwright is a self made millionaire who is obviously a very sharp businessman.I think his wealth is all the evidence we need of that. So I will ask the question again why if he is going to be worse off afterwards would he invest so much time in Kirkby?

At what point do you believe him personally to be worse off had DK gone through?

He, personally wouldn't have. Everton fc would have. Differentiate the two.

A little pointer, it all revolves around the land value assigned by KMBC in the application, pre and post planning application.

Big Bill maybe a shrewd theatre businessman, but I have yet to see that in his position as chairman, looking after the interests of the club. DK benefitted Tesco, KMBC, Everton in that order.

The information is out there should you be interested enough to want to know

Those that stand by Kenwright realise how hard it is to sell Everton with the state of the ground, it would be easy to just sell it, but he's an Evertonian and he will only sell to the right bidder.
He tried two attempts to push us forward and sadly both failed.
My own opinion is we would be in far better position in Kirkby than we are now(a hopeless situation) I realise that's not everybody's opinion, but what is clear Kenwright has the support of the vast majority of Evertonians.

Look at it this way, if BK feels so much for the club why not put his shares up for sale without waiting for the other shareholders, that way possibly the ball could start rolling force the others to tip their hand, a bit like what has happened at Arsenal. Then we could perhaps have a shareholder with a majority of the shares able to invest cash in the club and ignore or sideline the likes of Earl?Woods.

There are quite a few ways to skin a cat.

At what point do you believe him personally to be worse off had DK gone through?

He, personally wouldn't have. Everton fc would have. Differentiate the two.

A little pointer, it all revolves around the land value assigned by KMBC in the application, pre and post planning application.

Big Bill maybe a shrewd theatre businessman, but I have yet to see that in his position as chairman, looking after the interests of the club. DK benefitted Tesco, KMBC, Everton in that order.

The information is out there should you be interested enough to want to know

Why would a major shareholder deliberately put a strategy in place to make his "business" worse off. If you are saying he was intending to make Everton worse off ,but that he would come out of it with more money, then sorry that is just not believable.

Look at it this way, if BK feels so much for the club why not put his shares up for sale without waiting for the other shareholders, that way possibly the ball could start rolling force the others to tip their hand, a bit like what has happened at Arsenal. Then we could perhaps have a shareholder with a majority of the shares able to invest cash in the club and ignore or sideline the likes of Earl?Woods.

There are quite a few ways to skin a cat.

Excellent, except for the tiny fact of who is out there to put in the half a billion Everton need. Watch out what you wish for,you might just get it.

Why would a major shareholder deliberately put a strategy in place to make his "business" worse off. If you are saying he was intending to make Everton worse off ,but that he would come out of it with more money, then sorry that is just not believable.

'If', says you are missing what I am stating. What I am saying is that the plan for DK wouldn't have benefitted the club anywhere near the way it was promoted, what wasn't promoted was the benefits to the major shareholders had it have gone through.

The plans depended on everything being allowed, even KMBC wouldn't allow anywhere near the required amount of extra uses to add into the figures, before the call in.

As for major shareholder, we mean chairman, the other shareholders are complicit, Kenwright was happy to be the face of DK, as he still is the face of the board today, find that speaks volumes in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back