Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are bang on we let him get away with it and he is laughing behind our backs.
He manipulates the media and the happy clappers believe everything he says.

Yes you right mate.we beat villa sat and all Is forgotten you have jags coming out now and saying we need a response haha is he having a laugh sick of hearing the same old crap we don't need a response tell the truth jags we need new players now not the summer.And I wouldn't mind Goodson park has been full all season give the fans what there paying for bill you fraud

Last edited:
Good summary.

The first part of any solution is to identify and accept something is wrong in the first place, so hat's off to you.

If you're asking how fans can impact then we've seen what happens when a lead is given: it's simply rebuffed when it crashes into the rocks of a handful of decent results. There's no long term analysis. It's all short term.

Of course, the supporters could get rid of this lot very quickly indeed if there was a boycott of the club to force a sale. But the drug addiction is too great for that to take hold.

I hate to admit it, but we are in a situation where most are happy (after a grumble when matches like this result in a humiliation) with also ran status...as long as we trouble the big boys once in a while and get a pat on the head off the media. That's been Kenwright's achievement: to lower the expectations that much they'll see his tenure of utter failure as acceptable....and he'll still walk away with tens of millions in profit and the good wishes of the majority of mugs he's exploited.

I dunno

Who else would of bought us?

You can never say that this wasn't always going to be our path

Fact is, he needs to be looking to sell this club soon

He's clearly taken it as far as he can at this point

We'll never get any further without money being spent

No squad depth whatsoever

We actually did have a group of fans who had had enough, and wanted him out...they were run out of town by the Happy Clappers...hope they're still happy...

The rs done it when they wanted shut of there owners bill has got this to easy for far far to easy

We actually did have a group of fans who had had enough, and wanted him out...they were run out of town by the Happy Clappers...hope they're still happy...

The rs done it when they wanted shut of there owners bill has got this to easy for far far to easy

RBS sold them after it had effectively placed them in administration without using the word, it had nothing to do with their fans. We clearly need new owners, but we shouldn't pretend that our neighbours got rid of theirs through marches and flag burning.

RBS sold them after it had effectively placed them in administration without using the word, it had nothing to do with their fans.

Of course this is true.

However, at least H&G knew they were not wanted at the club anymore. Unlike our fiasco were 50% of the fan base still think Bill is smashing and doing all he can for plucky little Everton.

Somebody remind me how much the television money was this season, was it £20m?

If it was, then that money wasn't used in any way to help the club. Our transfers were bought with the Fellaini money.

£10m in the fall, another £20m in the summer i believe. Its absolutely staggering the amount of money in the game now, essentially all of the expenditures to run Everton could be done off of TV rights alone.

And yet...here we are, HOPING to get some money together to buy a player..

And what are you doing that is so different? Trying to be a smart arse (and failing miserably) to anybody who speaks up and says anything negative against the board?

People did try to do something about it after Kenwright made a complete whopper of himself in an interview. Seems a lot more people were outraged about the interviewees telling what had been said afterwards.

The reaction of the fans to the BU because of this was the moment we knew all was lost and our future success will be beating Man Utd and Liverpool now and then. Ambition is a word of the past around the corridors of the once great Goodison park and a lot of fans gave there stamp (clap clap) of approval.

£10m in the fall, another £20m in the summer i believe. Its absolutely staggering the amount of money in the game now, essentially all of the expenditures to run Everton could be done off of TV rights alone.

And yet...here we are, HOPING to get some money together to buy a player..

Worse than that - hoping would be like Liverpool are - they want to strengthen but probably have enough to make top 4 with a bit of luck not getting the same players injured at once

We have no fit strikers, and only own one who is a) crocked and b) rubbish from what we've seen.

This is a disaster waiting to happen.

I dunno

Who else would of bought us?

You can never say that this wasn't always going to be our path

Fact is, he needs to be looking to sell this club soon

He's clearly taken it as far as he can at this point

We'll never get any further without money being spent

No squad depth whatsoever

Its like deja vu all over again. I mentioned some way back about the hangover of skirting with relegation in the fairly recent past. The board play to those fears so that the supporters can be patronised into accepting the relative safety of mediocrity, its like Scooby Doo some times with those pesky players ruining Bills plans by playing well and getting close to the big boys, he doesn't really want that, then he would have to perform, then he would have a majority on his case.

Truth is, the threat of 'success' scares the bejeezus out of Bill and his chums, they would be called out, publicly, en masse.

Look to recent times with Moyes when modest investment, most of us believed, could have kept the momentum going, when the spotlight was on the club, profile high, something solid to build on, we bought 'kin lawnmowers! Lawnmowers!

I think there is a danger Martinez isn't as prepared, as Moyes was, to tolerate Bill's nonsense while he built his reputation. Martinez is too smart to put up with the shenanigans...

Its like deja vu all over again. I mentioned some way back about the hangover of skirting with relegation in the fairly recent past. The board play to those fears so that the supporters can be patronised into accepting the relative safety of mediocrity, its like Scooby Doo some times with those pesky players ruining Bills plans by playing well and getting close to the big boys, he doesn't really want that, then he would have to perform, then he would have a majority on his case.

Truth is, the threat of 'success' scares the bejeezus out of Bill and his chums, they would be called out, publicly, en masse.

Look to recent times with Moyes when modest investment, most of us believed, could have kept the momentum going, when the spotlight was on the club, profile high, something solid to build on, we bought 'kin lawnmowers! Lawnmowers!

I think there is a danger Martinez isn't as prepared, as Moyes was, to tolerate Bill's nonsense while he built his reputation. Martinez is too smart to put up with the shenanigans...

Defo.

Nice feller and all that, big smiley face and polite. But he's no mug, and he'll know by now what an outrageous spoofer Kenwright is. Two windows being forced down the negative net spend route...I bet he's already thinking: 'you can do one fat head, offer comes in for my services, I'm off'.

Posted this in another thread, but I still think he is out of his depth.

Bill is knocking around with the wrong bunch.
They are taking advantage of him. To paraphrase Count Arthur Strong.
"You think your funny down the pub with your mates.
But I bet it's always your round"

Posted this in another thread, but I still think he is out of his depth.

Bill is knocking around with the wrong bunch.
They are taking advantage of him. To paraphrase Count Arthur Strong.
"You think your funny down the pub with your mates.
But I bet it's always your round"

:lol: Funny feller.

I did in my posts last night say that the continual lack of money was a separate issue to the manager failing to spend all of it in this transfer window just gone.

Were owned by a mix of people who either can't or won't invest in the club out of their own wealth. That's a fact. Coupled our inability to generate top of the class income from our ground and support it leaves us firmly in a massive soup of clubs aspiring to have a day in the sun by bridging that gap through either years of smart moves, money or fluke.

The stats are sobering because few seldom achieve it and none ever sustain it.

So while its nice to be playing ace footie and at the right end of the table its a shot in the arm rather than the long term progress and consolodation you want/expect from an Everton team. I liked Martinez's comments about not being ashamed at competing for the title as weve won nine of them so its nothing new to us.

As things stand we won't be getting near that league title for a very long time. The Champions League is a bit easier but again as I said those odds are stocked against us.

Its not for me to tell you how to support Everton so all you can do is say how you think and aspire Everton to be. I've seen Everton win a couple of league titles in my life and a European trophy. I'd like more of that naturally.

There's been calls for change and still and ongoing effort by a bunch of blues to enable that change. As first I didn't like their approach but in time its a bunch of blues as passionate about the club as you or I.

There's been a worrying trend in the past couple of years where blues try and push each other into two well defined opposite stances. Either Pro board or anti board, with no grey area in the middle. The fact is that a vast majority of match going Evertonians are in that middle, and again I won't criticise as its their choice. They're moderates and there's nothing wrong with that.

I do believe that the current people owning the club benefit from that for as long as we swerve a true relegation battle or enforced firesale at the club then there's sufficient lack of ambition through a nineties Everton hangover (again not criticising just my opinion) that goodwill is generated by competing at the right end of the league.

In the meantime its ticking over and will be nineteen years without a trophy this summer if we fail to win the FA Cup this year. I'd really like someone to come in - not a bell - and really have a go at restoring Everton to their default position through the history of football in the country. If there are no apparent buyers then that would point to the asking price being too high. Simple business QED. I don't know them enough to second guess their motives behind not doing this. I'm disappointed repeatedly with our inability to invest in the team/club. It cheapens us.

I want that change but I also have to realise that unless the fanbase pushes for it to happen then its not so forthcoming. What we need to swerve doing is fragmenting the fanbase further. If like me you want that change then we will never achieve it by antagonising fellow blues who are sound with the current set up. It breeds hostility towards those trying to rally Evertonians together to help push for that change which would be a sad outcome as there's some good work being done constructively.

I swerve this thread because it becomes a virtual Groundhog Day or to and forth and then barbed insults. But there, off the fence for a moment you bells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back