Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kipper have done an interview with Elstone. http://www.bluekipper.com/fans/mickey_blue_eyes-41/b7052-interview_with_robert_elstone.html

Key points;
Better accounts this time round
Turnover on next (13/14) set of accounts will be up by at least £25million
New stadium a "2 or 3" on a 1 to 10 scale
New floodlights this summer
Working to extend Chang deal

Q: That's the root of everything isn't it, the financial model and financial sourcing of each club, and, on a wider scale, the entire game? Don't those limits mean we, Everton, have to sell to survive?

A. We definitely don't have to sell to survive and all recent sales we've made have been sales to re-invest.

HaHahaHa.

Kipper have done an interview with Elstone. http://www.bluekipper.com/fans/mickey_blue_eyes-41/b7052-interview_with_robert_elstone.html

Key points;
Better accounts this time round
Turnover on next (13/14) set of accounts will be up by at least £25million
New stadium a "2 or 3" on a 1 to 10 scale
New floodlights this summer
Working to extend Chang deal

Theres so much wrong with these.... so a new stadium is a 2 or 3 out of 10. I thought Goodison was going to fail its safety certification YEARS ago! And working to extend Chang deal?? WTF, do they even LOOK to see if theres anyone else out there? UNPRECEDENTED new revenue from a massive global tv deal AND would raise global awareness and they are...sticking with Chang??

Better be for 10mil+/year..

*edit* just finished. Its generally a decent interview. I'll take back a lot of my vitriol but theres still a decent amount in there that leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
Q: That's the root of everything isn't it, the financial model and financial sourcing of each club, and, on a wider scale, the entire game? Don't those limits mean we, Everton, have to sell to survive?

A. We definitely don't have to sell to survive and all recent sales we've made have been sales to re-invest.

HaHahaHa.

I'd love for them to have asked about Arteta then if that was the case.

Q: New Stadium. On a scale of one to ten, one being the least likely, what would you say is the current likelihood?

A: It's a two or a three, but maybe that's me being cautious. I think it's important to manage expectations. If it was easy, we'd be on with it. There are a couple of options, one of which we are dedicating a lot of time to, to see if it is feasible and if a funding solution is starting to take shape. And, whilst there are still some challenges, we wouldn't be making the time commitment if we didn't think it was worth pursuing.

".It.s a two or three out of ten"

14 years to get a stadium in place and it's a 'two or three out of ten".

You couldn't make this up.

HaHahaHa.

Martinez has stated the we DO have 'plenty of cash,' but he's not sure if there's players he wants available in this window.

Are you accusing him of lying? I know with our previous manager, you were very keen to label him Kenwright's puppet when it came to transfer dealings/finances. How long before you start throwing this accusation at Martinez?

Q: New Stadium. On a scale of one to ten, one being the least likely, what would you say is the current likelihood?

A: It's a two or a three, but maybe that's me being cautious. I think it's important to manage expectations. If it was easy, we'd be on with it. There are a couple of options, one of which we are dedicating a lot of time to, to see if it is feasible and if a funding solution is starting to take shape. And, whilst there are still some challenges, we wouldn't be making the time commitment if we didn't think it was worth pursuing.

".It.s a two or three out of ten"

14 years to get a stadium in place and it's a 'two or three out of ten".

You couldn't make this up.

I've got to admit Dave, that is a bit of a shocker...

Stadium should be way up there.

As Elstone has blatantly lied before, I won't waste my time giving any credence by reading anything he says about the state of the clubs finances with regards to transfer funds.

In that whole interview concerned - largely - about the finances of the club, the sycophant Mickey Blue Eyes never once clears his throat to ask whether the owners of this club have any intentions of breaking the habit of the past 14 years and put more than a brass farthing into it.

Just the usual defensive "We're not doing anything improper, honest guy" deflecting crap.

I've got to admit Dave, that is a bit of a shocker...

Stadium should be way up there.

It's only been 14 years though, mate. Maybe another twenty years or so!

TBH, I can see why it is 2/3 out of 10: our owners have got a very, very bad reputation with private capital and the local state on this issue, and I wouldn't blame them at all in turning their backs on Everon's owners coming to them with their begging bowl looking to waste their time and money on another scheme.

Martinez has stated the we DO have 'plenty of cash,' but he's not sure if there's players he wants available in this window.

Are you accusing him of lying? I know with our previous manager, you were very keen to label him Kenwright's puppet when it came to transfer dealings/finances. How long before you start throwing this accusation at Martinez?

He's said we have plenty of cash, or he said weren't struggling to get people out the door to get players in?

There's a fairly massive difference.

I spoke with a Liverpool based journo mate of mine at the Norwich game.

Seemed convinced that the current agenda is focused on a staged redevelopment of GP which for me was always the preferred option anyway. Should have started 15 years ago mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back