Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The painful thing is that we dont even need a City style investment, we havent for years, we are talking about a little positive spend each window, 10m max and allow the manager to spend everything from player sales, which over the last 3 years would have meant around an extra 30m in players from player sales alone.

Just some clarity would be nice.

The accounts come and go, we saw a 9m loss last year, which explains where the "Arteta money" went, but we have no excuse for not spending actual serious money in the Summer, we really dont.

Yes, all shares have equal rights. But given the parameters of being a private business, if I have 3 shares to sell and the board has 24,000 shares, they will get a different share price than I will because they control the company and are offering that control as part of the sale.

Nope. Sort of nope anyway. If you had 3, and I wanted to buy them, we could arrange our own sale, at our agreed price. In theory anyway.

But if you wanted to buy a controlling interest, then the price per share would be identical. Otherwise, your 3 shares could, in theory, (say that a lot atm), hold the balance of power, and hence could be valued at £25m each.

I've never been that millitant, but I'm starting to get a case of the Daveks in relation to the board these days

I'm at the point where I might actually protest outside Goodison

We laugh at the kopites, but they actual do stuff, we as Everton fans just moan on forums and still plough our money into the Club and prop up the current board.

Basically we deserve all we get, sadly.

Yes and they got laughed at by mostly other blues, which is quite sad in itself.

At first there was a fraction, a split between BU and anti-BU; I was for them and attending the meetings because they promised they were going to unearth certain things.

The BU lost a lot of face when they totally bottled organising marches when team performances picked up, they've got more interest in the FSF and they are more concerned with brushing their own ego then anything else.

If there cause is still there, then should't they be marching week in week out regardless of what anyone thinks??

Yes totally, totally agree with the losing face comment, it was quite the farce the way they cancelled a march simply cos we won a game, you are indeed correct, you either march every week and make a statement or simply dont bother.

Nope. Sort of nope anyway. If you had 3, and I wanted to buy them, we could arrange our own sale, at our agreed price. In theory anyway.

But if you wanted to buy a controlling interest, then the price per share would be identical. Otherwise, your 3 shares could, in theory, (say that a lot atm), hold the balance of power, and hence could be valued at £25m each.

When would my three shares hold the balance of power if someone only needed to buy 50.1% of the 35k shares to control? They'd never need my shares.

Control premium is certainly a big part of valuation.

http://www.philipsaunders.com/TheFirm/Publications/ControlPremiums/tabid/96/Default.aspx

If these characters sold for £1400 per share they'd get £34M for their 24,000 shares (they actually paid £850 per share.) They've done nothing to develop the club. Absolutely nothing. What would the compound interest be on their £20M since 1999 when the Bank Rate was 5%? If you say they'd have doubled their money by leaving it in the bank 14 years ago, they're still asking for about 3 times that total. to sling their hook.

Absolute carpet baggers who should be run out of town whilst beaten with sticks.

Snipet from a research paper showing the optimal method for buying a football club. Although the majority would like to think its just a case of 'person A paid £20M, he shouldn't want anymore' blah blah. Its a business, there are models in the business world.

If you have time, go through the accounts and value the company (EFC), its around the £130m mark

This is interesting but ignores the intangible value of a lot of player registrations.

At first there was a fraction, a split between BU and anti-BU; I was for them and attending the meetings because they promised they were going to unearth certain things.

The BU lost a lot of face when they totally bottled organising marches when team performances picked up, they've got more interest in the FSF and they are more concerned with brushing their own ego then anything else.

If there cause is still there, then should't they be marching week in week out regardless of what anyone thinks??

That's a great piece of re-writing of history. hat actually happened was they got stabbed in the back by the manager on national television and a certain player (yes you Tim Cahill) and the clout those two carried at the time did a lot of damage...as did the handwringing over the 'taped interview' that one side said was underhand and the other said was ok'd by Mark Rowan IIRC.

Ok, then where did the 1400 number come from, if not the board (the shareholders)? Mind you, I'm not trying to be difficult. I'm just not making sense of this.

Ask Kenwright, he's been busy buying up shares apparently, in anticipation of the mark up he wants to make on the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back