Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great piece of re-writing of history. hat actually happened was they got stabbed in the back by the manager on national television and a certain player (yes you Tim Cahill) and the clout those two carried at the time did a lot of damage...as did the handwringing over the 'taped interview' that one side said was underhand and the other said was ok'd by Mark Rowan IIRC.

No, what happened was they cancelled a march because of performances picked up, i remember, i had an argument with them

Good old Sharpy...who does he work for again?

efc__1342753956_panda-on-lap.jpg

When would my three shares hold the balance of power if someone only needed to buy 50.1% of the 35k shares to control? They'd never need my shares.

Control premium is certainly a big part of valuation.

http://www.philipsaunders.com/TheFirm/Publications/ControlPremiums/tabid/96/Default.aspx

No of course they wouldnt, I was making a point, thats all. But I am pretty certain, that if a takeover bid was made, all voting shares must carry the same price.

Might be wrong, but that link seems to talk about the valuation of blocks of shares, in a Private company, at any point in time.

Not a takeover.

I have to side with chris on this sadly, clearly the media comments didnt help, but they did indeed cancel the march as to "not affect perfomance on the pitch" or some other cop out line.

Well there was 35,000 at the match so what does is comment have to do with anything that day, theEcho had photos which proved otherwise.

Stop embarrassing yourself

To be fair, I listened to City on the way home, when the comment was made, im sure 000s of other people still dont know to this day that the "1 man and his dog" comment was a lie, cos the majority of match going blues dont read forums or even The Echo.

No of course they wouldnt, I was making a point, thats all. But I am pretty certain, that if a takeover bid was made, all voting shares must carry the same price.

Might be wrong, but that link seems to talk about the valuation of blocks of shares, in a Private company, at any point in time.

Not a takeover.

Well, we were discussing the 1400 price, which was not a takeover price. It was purchasing small blocks of shares, if I understood it correctly.

They already have a rate of inflation regards the actual share price.

They bought for 800, they are currently selling for around 1400, but sadly "they" are asking for around 3000 a share, if we factor in the 120m-150m asking price for the club.

If the Club was for sale tomorrow, at its actual share price, we would sell for 75m in less than a second, which would allow a new owner to invest in stadia, debt and player purchases.

Davek is obviously frightened to respond to me, me being an old man and all....so thanks for answering. Inflation in the business of football is running at around three times the national rate. Thats been reported a lot over the last few years, but is pretty obvious anyway when you consider increases in transfer fees, players wages, and other items related to football have rocketed at considerably more the the national inflation rate.

To what end? What is our debt preventing us from doing exactly?

We spend 4 million a year on interest that would otherwise probably be spent on wages.

That would make a difference to us.

The point I believe pfim is making is that if the board has £45M they're willing to spend on debt, then they have £45M they're willing to spend. The latter has been proven to not be true, ergo the former is not worth discussing.

You certainly dont make money on a club if you have to pay ten times the amount the current owners paid for their shares. If they want that type of profit they needed to have a stadium in place and bought. ALL of that comes down to the outrageously bad decision making of the current owners. There literall is NO excuse for them. None.

This is the wrong math; all that matters is how much you paid vs how much profit you generate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back