Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The someone who told Mikey that was me, and I wasn't at a computer at the time so I might have misremebered the figure, tbf. I think you have to include green to get to 8 billion.

There was an echo article about it (This one, which included green which is what I was thinking of). Grantchester has over a billion, philip green nearly 4 billion, Robert Earl 270 million, the moores family 800 million. John Woods sold his video game company for more than 100 million. Phillip Carter's 500 million.

Phil Carter worth 500m ??? Surprised me tbh

The best we have ever had at PR and Propaganda i know that much

One thing they actually do actually excel in, is the area of not being former owners of Portsmouth or Leeds United, as we are reminded by certain posters repeatedly over a number of years now.

You can actually add Cardiff City to that list now, despite their owner already pumping more money in over such a short period them than Kenwright has ever dared to dream during his happy reign.

An intresting overview Chris. I don,t see any soultions from the past but what should be a major concern is that despite all the money that has come into the PL we have failed to attract a buyer for the club. Criminal, really when you think about it the PL keeps moving to new levels yet as a club we have failed to follow. Here we are 2014, still fumbling around for a new ground and falling short every transfer window, I don,t how people live with themsleves knowing they are holding the club back.

Money has flowed into the competition on a massive scale; in fact the majority of clubs are running on a false economy, if the external money dries up they will be unable to fund the running of the club. Only the few have a source of commercial exposure which will soften the blow.

The issue surrounding new owners is pretty simple, what does the club offer that would attract a new owner?? EFC have nothing where a potential business could look and find a marketable solution, and it all falls back to the stadium. A company/new owner would want a return on investment (apart from City and Chelsea) every other clubs owners wants something back. Utd and RS have there global exposure, the commercial deals will keep on rolling in for them because of the brand.

If there is that much money to make out of a football club, why hasn't nobody paid £150m; if there is that much money to be made out the Premier League then £150m is a small fry considering the potential return on investment. The problem is there isn't that much money to be made, it takes a serious sum of money to compete at a high level, and pumping that much money in you will want a return. Even drop the asking price to £80m; are you going to get that return back at a reasonable rate???

Money has flowed into the competition on a massive scale; in fact the majority of clubs are running on a false economy, if the external money dries up they will be unable to fund the running of the club. Only the few have a source of commercial exposure which will soften the blow.

The issue surrounding new owners is pretty simple, what does the club offer that would attract a new owner?? EFC have nothing where a potential business could look and find a marketable solution, and it all falls back to the stadium. A company/new owner would want a return on investment (apart from City and Chelsea) every other clubs owners wants something back. Utd and RS have there global exposure, the commercial deals will keep on rolling in for them because of the brand.

If there is that much money to make out of a football club, why hasn't nobody paid £150m; if there is that much money to be made out the Premier League then £150m is a small fry considering the potential return on investment. The problem is there isn't that much money to be made, it takes a serious sum of money to compete at a high level, and pumping that much money in you will want a return. Even drop the asking price to £80m; are you going to get that return back at a reasonable rate???

You certainly dont make money on a club if you have to pay ten times the amount the current owners paid for their shares. If they want that type of profit they needed to have a stadium in place and bought. ALL of that comes down to the outrageously bad decision making of the current owners. There literall is NO excuse for them. None.

You certainly dont make money on a club if you have to pay ten times the amount the current owners paid for their shares. If they want that type of profit they needed to have a stadium in place and bought. ALL of that comes down to the outrageously bad decision making of the current owners. There literall is NO excuse for them. None.

Go on..you've no excuse....explain your 'ten times as much' statement. Taking into account inflation to start with.

Go on..you've no excuse....explain your 'ten times as much' statement. Taking into account inflation to start with.

They already have a rate of inflation regards the actual share price.

They bought for 800, they are currently selling for around 1400, but sadly "they" are asking for around 3000 a share, if we factor in the 120m-150m asking price for the club.

If the Club was for sale tomorrow, at its actual share price, we would sell for 75m in less than a second, which would allow a new owner to invest in stadia, debt and player purchases.

They already have a rate of inflation regards the actual share price.

They bought for 800, they are currently selling for around 1400, but sadly "they" are asking for around 3000 a share, if we factor in the 120m-150m asking price for the club.

If the Club was for sale tomorrow, at its actual share price, we would sell for 75m in less than a second, which would allow a new owner to invest in stadia, debt and player purchases.

Perhaps I'm not following, where in the world is this number coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back