Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone told me yesterday that the richest people on the boards combined wealth is 8 Billion.

Our debt is 45 Million

What a bunch of jerks they are for not clearing that. I mean, thats pocket change when you're that rich. Why would they want to be on the board of a loss making business, especially one witha genuine upside like Everton?

There's the ground issue of course, but on the pitch we do very well for how little we spend

Well if that's Philip Green he has said in the past he is only helping Kenwrong out and has no intention of ever putting his own cash into club.

Someone told me yesterday that the richest people on the boards combined wealth is 8 Billion.

Our debt is 45 Million

What a bunch of jerks they are for not clearing that. I mean, thats pocket change when you're that rich. Why would they want to be on the board of a loss making business, especially one witha genuine upside like Everton?

There's the ground issue of course, but on the pitch we do very well for how little we spend

Seems a bit high that Mikey, unless people are counting the wealth of Philip Green as well.

Grantchester family are well off, but if rumours are to be believed they will not get involved while Kenwright is in charge.

The someone who told Mikey that was me, and I wasn't at a computer at the time so I might have misremebered the figure, tbf. I think you have to include green to get to 8 billion.

There was an echo article about it (This one, which included green which is what I was thinking of). Grantchester has over a billion, philip green nearly 4 billion, Robert Earl 270 million, the moores family 800 million. John Woods sold his video game company for more than 100 million. Phillip Carter's 500 million.

The someone who told Mikey that was me, and I wasn't at a computer at the time so I might have misremebered the figure, tbf. I think you have to include green to get to 8 billion.

There was an echo article about it (This one, which included green which is what I was thinking of). Grantchester has over a billion, philip green nearly 4 billion, Robert Earl 270 million, the moores family 800 million. John Woods sold his video game company for more than 100 million. Phillip Carter's 500 million.

Lord G hasn't had anything to do with Everton for a very long time.

Still owns 8% of the club, don't he?

Yes, you are right.

EFC-shareholders-July-10.jpg

Still owns 8% of the club, don't he?

This guy really could be a key figure for Everton, yet nobody seems to know much about him. You would have thought The Echo would have shed some light on his opinions about Everton. It seemed as though he was about to get involved during Paul Gregg's takeover attempt, but he hasnt put his head above the parapit since. So much for investigative journalism eh.

This guy really could be a key figure for Everton, yet nobody seems to know much about him. You would have thought The Echo would have shed some light on his opinions about Everton. It seemed as though he was about to get involved during Paul Gregg's takeover attempt, but he hasnt put his head above the parapit since. So much for investigative journalism eh.
The echo won't say anything bad about billy liar they are scared of him.

He was the grandson of John Moores, his mother Betty Moores married into the Suenson-Taylor family and gained the title Baroness Granchester; she was given 40% ofr the club by Peter Moores after Sir John passed. She sold this to Peter Johnson

There numerous views on this, i.e. why he will not invest into Everton; i've heard he doesn't get along with BK, i've also heard that it's his mother who refuses to let him invest in Everton while BK is still in charge, and i've also heard that she just refuses point blank for him to invest the family wealth into a football club.

She is still the head of the Moores family, and when you talk about wealth at this level i'm unsure how much of it is actual personal fortune or how much of it is family fortune. He has an 11% stake in the Littlewoods fortune (which is estimated at the £1.2bn which everyone goes on about); however, his stake only equates to £176m so it is a grey area.

Betty Moores had a lot to do with our downfall after Sir John had passed, she wanted nothing to do with the football club and the money dried up; she would not underwrite the loans like Sir John previously did.

That family is tragic, there is much infighting its unreal. I can't ever see Lord Granchester having anything to do with running or investing in the club, whether BK is there or not

He was the grandson of John Moores, his mother Betty Moores married into the Suenson-Taylor family and gained the title Baroness Granchester; she was given 40% ofr the club by Peter Moores after Sir John passed. She sold this to Peter Johnson

There numerous views on this, i.e. why he will not invest into Everton; i've heard he doesn't get along with BK, i've also heard that it's his mother who refuses to let him invest in Everton while BK is still in charge, and i've also heard that she just refuses point blank for him to invest the family wealth into a football club.

She is still the head of the Moores family, and when you talk about wealth at this level i'm unsure how much of it is actual personal fortune or how much of it is family fortune. He has an 11% stake in the Littlewoods fortune (which is estimated at the £1.2bn which everyone goes on about); however, his stake only equates to £176m so it is a grey area.

Betty Moores had a lot to do with our downfall after Sir John had passed, she wanted nothing to do with the football club and the money dried up; she would not underwrite the loans like Sir John previously did.

That family is tragic, there is much infighting its unreal. I can't ever see Lord Granchester having anything to do with running or investing in the club, whether BK is there or not

An intresting overview Chris. I don,t see any soultions from the past but what should be a major concern is that despite all the money that has come into the PL we have failed to attract a buyer for the club. Criminal, really when you think about it the PL keeps moving to new levels yet as a club we have failed to follow. Here we are 2014, still fumbling around for a new ground and falling short every transfer window, I don,t how people live with themsleves knowing they are holding the club back.

Our debt is 45 Million

To what end? What is our debt preventing us from doing exactly?

Whichever way you choose to view this, I think it is pretty hard to deny that the current shareholders of EFC are neither use nor ornament, to coin an old phrase. What do any of them actually do for Everton Football Club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back