Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about chasing Irish supporters? A lot have posted here at not getting stuff in Ireland. How about the US? How about the effort with chang? Any of that dependant on 'success'? You seem to be confusing that with profile, the club has to raise that by access

All suggestions have merit. I think that profile comes with success, although easier access were there is current lack of availability would certainly help. I haven't seen the Kitbag contract, so can't speculate, but just how restrictive will it be? I think its lazy for them to assume that an online availability covers everyone who isn't close to an outlet. How many outlets do Kitbag have? May just go and check.

A young "soccer" fan walks into a sports shop in the US, he noticed that last time the USMTNTMTNTMTN played that the Net Minder in green played for a team called Everton, he looks everywhere, he cant see an Everton shirt, but oh look, theres a Chelsea shirt, its blue, I like blue, I think I will buy this and support Chelsea. He then wears it for sports in School and all his friends marvel at his lovely "soccer" shirt and want 1 of their own, rinse and repeat.

All suggestions have merit. I think that profile comes with success, although easier access were there is current lack of availability would certainly help. I haven't seen the Kitbag contract, so can't speculate, but just how restrictive will it be? I think its lazy for them to assume that an online availability covers everyone who isn't close to an outlet. How many outlets do Kitbag have? May just go and check.

since that kitbag contract was signed to the day i cant buy an everton shirt locally living in brighton.

That at least partly is due to oppurtunity, though. Buying everton merchandise is hard because a lot of big shops, especially outside merseyside, don't stock it but do stock other clubs.

It's a chicken and egg thing. It might well be we're not buying it cos it's not there rather than the other way round.

I reckon more sportswear gets bought on line now than in shops, hence the demise of JJB and JD Sports. Prior to the Kitbag deal one could indeed walk into a JJB & see Everton shorts for sale not in your size due to the limited stocks held and only if you lived in the North West. The other alternative was to try and order from the club run online store, unfortunately though it would also be out of stock. It is true that prior to Kitbag the clubs merchandise/retail operation ran at a significant loss. It would be retrograde and incredibly poor business to even attempt to run the merchandising operation in house.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fans-outraged-decision-make-five-6681158

Outraged fans have criticised a decision to make up to five staff at Everton’s Goodison Park megastore redundant.

Workers at the Everton One shop were told they were not needed at the end of January, after bosses decided it was overstaffed during quiet weekdays.

Supporters’ group The Blue Union said one loyal member of staff who had been there for 18 years was facing redundancy after the announcement by Kitbag, who manage the outsourced merchandise store.

The firm has insisted staff will be offered positions elsewhere in the company, but the fans’ group told the ECHO the staff affected had told them this was not the case.

Simon Magner, secretary of The Blue Union, said: “We have spoken to employees and family members regarding this, and they have said that they face outright redundancy.”

He said some of the people losing their jobs were well-known faces at Goodison Park, and added: “They’re people that have been part of Everton Football Club for the best part of 20 years.”

A small demonstration outside the club shop took place last weekend with angry supporters showing their support for staff facing the axe.

And Mr Magner said some feared the only way they could continue working at the shop and carry on being part of the club was through zero-hour contracts on match days.

He added: “This is a prime example of some of the issues that come across when you outsource. If it was owned and run by the club then this wouldn’t be happening.”

A spokesperson for Kitbag said: “Regrettably there is a small number of permanent staff who are being made redundant from the Goodison Park store.

“This decision reflects the lower level of customer footfall on non-match days and the need to have more staff working on match days, when footfall is higher. We are looking to reallocate those staff members affected wherever possible.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fans-outraged-decision-make-five-6681158

Outraged fans have criticised a decision to make up to five staff at Everton’s Goodison Park megastore redundant.

Workers at the Everton One shop were told they were not needed at the end of January, after bosses decided it was overstaffed during quiet weekdays.

Supporters’ group The Blue Union said one loyal member of staff who had been there for 18 years was facing redundancy after the announcement by Kitbag, who manage the outsourced merchandise store.

The firm has insisted staff will be offered positions elsewhere in the company, but the fans’ group told the ECHO the staff affected had told them this was not the case.

Simon Magner, secretary of The Blue Union, said: “We have spoken to employees and family members regarding this, and they have said that they face outright redundancy.”

He said some of the people losing their jobs were well-known faces at Goodison Park, and added: “They’re people that have been part of Everton Football Club for the best part of 20 years.”

A small demonstration outside the club shop took place last weekend with angry supporters showing their support for staff facing the axe.

And Mr Magner said some feared the only way they could continue working at the shop and carry on being part of the club was through zero-hour contracts on match days.

He added: “This is a prime example of some of the issues that come across when you outsource. If it was owned and run by the club then this wouldn’t be happening.”

A spokesperson for Kitbag said: “Regrettably there is a small number of permanent staff who are being made redundant from the Goodison Park store.

“This decision reflects the lower level of customer footfall on non-match days and the need to have more staff working on match days, when footfall is higher. We are looking to reallocate those staff members affected wherever possible.”

All that tells us is that not enough customers go into the shop on non match days. That being the case, redundancies are inevitable. As I posted last night, I tried to ascertain how many outlets Kitbag had nationally, and their own website couldn't tell me...best I could get was on the unreliable Wikipedia site which said Kitbag had 'several' retail outlets. Numerous club shops though, including City, Barca, and many big names. Another thing I noticed was that RS kits have been heaavily reduced, and they don't seem to have been able to move kids shirts, which are on offer at under £8,and I remember a few years ago complaints that Everton kids kit could not be found. Seems that selling quantities of these items is difficult, or not cost effective, and so in Evertons case production is limited. I agree with the poster above who suggested that trying to run merchandising in house in the current climate would be a disaster.

Nowhere in that article does it say what Everton FC's stance is on this. How do they feel about it I wonder?

Nowhere in that article does it say what Everton FC's stance is on this. How do they feel about it I wonder?

The clubs stance will be that its a business decision that was down to Kitbag. Its sad for the people who have been made redundant, but redundancies are commonplace these days in all sorts of businesses, and especially in the retail trade. I read the comments from the Blue Union, and while it is right for any individual or group to have sympathy with those who have lost their jobs, I don't think it would be the best tactic in the world for the BU to use this as a stick with which to beat the club/BK.

The clubs stance will be that its a business decision that was down to Kitbag. Its sad for the people who have been made redundant, but redundancies are commonplace these days in all sorts of businesses, and especially in the retail trade. I read the comments from the Blue Union, and while it is right for any individual or group to have sympathy with those who have lost their jobs, I don't think it would be the best tactic in the world for the BU to use this as a stick with which to beat the club/BK.

Have to agree with Steve on this.

More importantly though, helicopters and Miss Saigon???? come on, I'm waiting here.

Yes you can, it's called the club shop - online!

and why does everyone presume that everyone has access to the internet?

but young kids that walk into a sports shop with their perants and look at the kits which may sway them in older life will not see an everton top.

Have to agree with Steve on this.

More importantly though, helicopters and Miss Saigon???? come on, I'm waiting here.

I didn't mention Miss Saigon, or helicopters did I? Could be wrong, but wasn't it Carlito ? ...and he should have read it all before on Blue Kipper.:lol:

Someone told me yesterday that the richest people on the boards combined wealth is 8 Billion.

Our debt is 45 Million

What a bunch of jerks they are for not clearing that. I mean, thats pocket change when you're that rich. Why would they want to be on the board of a loss making business, especially one witha genuine upside like Everton?

There's the ground issue of course, but on the pitch we do very well for how little we spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back