Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and I'll tell you why...because a former member of the Everton brains Trust, CEO Keith Wyness, bought about 500,000 quids worth of extra stock that he didn't have a clue how to shift.
You cannot guarantee sales,if they're not selling who's to blame ? The kitbag deal is no great licks I agree,but it's not a loss maker either. Given that high street sales are falling year on year and internet sales are rising year on year then the kitbag deal makes more sense.

Spot on Dave, i'm starting to suspect most of the other operating costs are actually payments for people posting pro board/Kenwright atuff on forums/papers etc, amount of board apologists astounds me if their genuine fans like

I hope your innuendo isn't directed at me at isn't meant to suggest what it seems to suggest. I've been supporting Everton for around 66 years and conspiracy theories and the ****ging off of other blues was restricted years ago to a bit of banter in the pub. The internet has changed all that and now every poster who is still wet behind the ears thinks he's an expert at running a football club. Well...you're not...and probably not even an expert at anything. So...are you suggesting that in some way I am taking money from Everton ? Yes or no. (Admin/site owner ..please note I have asked a direct question, and note the suggestion in the post to which I'm replying.) There are certain words I am not allowed to use in response to you, but the words are applicable. I suggest you back track, and apologise for your insinuation. That will do for starters, and maybe then we can have a proper debate.

I hope your sexual innuendo isn't directed at me at isn't meant to suggest what it seems to suggest. I've been supporting Everton for around 66 years and conspiracy theories and the ****ging off of other blues was restricted years ago to a bit of banter in the pub. The internet has changed all that and now every poster who is still wet behind the ears thinks he's an expert at running a football club. Well...you're not...and probably not even an expert at anything. So...are you suggesting that in some way I am taking money from Everton ? Yes or no. (Admin/site owner ..please note I have asked a direct question, and note the suggestion in the post to which I'm replying.) There are certain words I am not allowed to use in response to you, but the words are applicable. I suggest you back track, and apologise for your insinuation. That will do for starters, and maybe then we can have a proper debate.

the board are useless mate, when we are bringing less revenue in than sunderland someone needs the sack.

lolol

Last edited:
Come on Steve it was clearly a tongue in cheek comment.

The crux of the matter is this: the lack of funds available to the manager over the last ten years is at best deeply unsatisfactory, and at worst grossly negligent. I fail to see any other viewpoint as valid.

Spot on Dave, i'm starting to suspect most of the other operating costs are actually payments for people posting pro board/Kenwright atuff on forums/papers etc, amount of board apologists astounds me if their genuine fans like

I didn't want to do it, but Bill drove a truckload of money up to my doorstep. I'm not made of stone.

None of us know in truth how the other clubs actually compare to Everton in terms of merchandising revenue. We do know the likes of Man U, Chelsea outstrip us but what of the lower clubs. Are they that more successful than Everton.

Another point concerning stadia, the clubs above us have a far greater capacity and some below us, on balance they have a higher average attendance than Everton. GP is limited to a measly 35K, what are the limits on the others? Think of the revenue they generate from season ticket sales, I know they probably charge more but at the end of the day it is all about money in the bank.

Come on Steve it was clearly a tongue in cheek comment.

The crux of the matter is this: the lack of funds available to the manager over the last ten years is at best deeply unsatisfactory, and at worst grossly negligent. I fail to see any other viewpoint as valid.

The problem is Macca, that when the usual suspects ranting hits the buffers , as it always does, because they don't know were to take it next, they resort to innuendo or even directly accuse fellow blues of what they think is 'colluding with the enemy', and this is a disgrace. The cop out, then, when they are called out on it, is that 'it was tongue in cheek', or the response is a silly joke to deflect the argument. Or 'changing' a post which is not their own as 'Big Doug' has done above. You know the biggest problem I have with who are known as the 'Anti Kenwright' people? They make accusations which border on libel but never actually have the bottle to back up their accusations through legitimate methods. If people think BK is pocketing Everton money, or sharing it between his so called 'cronies', let them take their evidence to the authorities. But you see, they don't have evidence as such...they have a version of events, their 'opinion' which they are entitled to have, but like children in a schoolyard they scream and shout and wrongly accuse and verbally ,seriously, abuse anyone who holds a different opinion, or even anyone who tries to have an even handed outlook. I support Everton, and have done for over 66 years...chairmen and directors have come and gone,and they have carried out their guardianship of the club in different ways, but I don't think that we have ever had, in my experience, a chairman who simply treated the club as a business simply for personal gain...in this respect I think that Everton might even be unique. Football is an odd business/game. Its not like other businesses, you hardly ever get out of it what you feel you deserve, either financially or simply success-wise., but the very least you ever get is the camaradie of your fellow supporters. Currently, at least on the internet, supporters of this club are tearing themselves apart, because of what is probably only a few hardcore renegrades. THIS is our greatest tragedy, even surmounting the tragedy of losing a derby. We are fifth, currently, in the best league in the world, and could get higher, even in the present restrictive circumstances. Think on that, and enjoy the moment.

Last edited:
The problem is Macca, that when the usual suspects ranting hits the buffers , as it always does, because they don't know were to take it next, they resort to innuendo or even directly accuse fellow blues of what they think is 'colluding with the enemy', and this is a disgrace. The cop out, then, when they are called out on it, is that 'it was tongue in cheek', or the response is a silly joke to deflect the argument. Or 'changing' a post which is not their own as 'Big Doug' has done above. You know the biggest problem I have with what is known as the 'Anti Kenwright' people? They make accusations which border on libel but never actually have the bottle to back up their accusations through legitimate methods. If people think BK is pocketing Everton money, or sharing it between his so called 'cronies', let them take their evidence to the authorities. But you see, they don't have evidence as such...they have a version of events, their 'opinion' which they are entitled to have, but like children in a schoolyard they scream and shout and wrongly accuse and verbally ,seriously, abuse anyone who holds a different opinion, or even anyone who tries to have an even handed outlook. I support Everton, and have done for over 66 years...chairmen and directors have come and gone,and they have carried out their guardianship of the club in different ways, but I don't think that we have ever had, in my experience, a chairman who simply treated the club as a business simply for personal gain...in this respect I think that Everton might even be unique. Football is an odd business/game. Its not like other businesses, you hardly ever get out of it what you feel you deserve, either financially or simply success-wise., but the very least you ever get is the camaradie of your fellow supporters. Currently, at least on the internet, supporters of this club are tearing themselves apart, because of what is probably only a few hardcore renegrades. THIS is our greatest tragedy, even surmounting the tragedy of losing a derby. We are fifth, currently, in the best league in the world, and could get higher, even in the present restrictive circumstances. Think on that, and enjoy the moment.

Spot on Steve.

but he sold Arteta and used the takings to fund his ridiculously extravagant production of Grange Hill The Musical !!

and what did we get out of it ??? nothing that's what

except a ridiculously lacklustre rendition of "where is the love" from the lad who used to play Zammo at half-time against Reading !!

We are fifth, currently, in the best league in the world, and could get higher, even in the present restrictive circumstances. Think on that, and enjoy the moment.

The problem with this is, it's like having a supermodel girlfriend and a ferrari, but everyone around you who works in the same job as you has a mansion and spends money every week. Whilst you're having to sell your watch/possessions to make do.

It's enjoyable coming home to the girl and driving the car, but i want what everyone else around me has...

The problem is Macca, that when the usual suspects ranting hits the buffers , as it always does, because they don't know were to take it next, they resort to innuendo or even directly accuse fellow blues of what they think is 'colluding with the enemy', and this is a disgrace. The cop out, then, when they are called out on it, is that 'it was tongue in cheek', or the response is a silly joke to deflect the argument. Or 'changing' a post which is not their own as 'Big Doug' has done above. You know the biggest problem I have with what is known as the 'Anti Kenwright' people? They make accusations which border on libel but never actually have the bottle to back up their accusations through legitimate methods. If people think BK is pocketing Everton money, or sharing it between his so called 'cronies', let them take their evidence to the authorities. But you see, they don't have evidence as such...they have a version of events, their 'opinion' which they are entitled to have, but like children in a schoolyard they scream and shout and wrongly accuse and verbally ,seriously, abuse anyone who holds a different opinion, or even anyone who tries to have an even handed outlook. I support Everton, and have done for over 66 years...chairmen and directors have come and gone,and they have carried out their guardianship of the club in different ways, but I don't think that we have ever had, in my experience, a chairman who simply treated the club as a business simply for personal gain...in this respect I think that Everton might even be unique. Football is an odd business/game. Its not like other businesses, you hardly ever get out of it what you feel you deserve, either financially or simply success-wise., but the very least you ever get is the camaradie of your fellow supporters. Currently, at least on the internet, supporters of this club are tearing themselves apart, because of what is probably only a few hardcore renegrades. THIS is our greatest tragedy, even surmounting the tragedy of losing a derby. We are fifth, currently, in the best league in the world, and could get higher, even in the present restrictive circumstances. Think on that, and enjoy the moment.

steve, pipe down and stop threatening other blues with legal action.

It doesn't go down too well.

None of us know in truth how the other clubs actually compare to Everton in terms of merchandising revenue. We do know the likes of Man U, Chelsea outstrip us but what of the lower clubs. Are they that more successful than Everton.

Another point concerning stadia, the clubs above us have a far greater capacity and some below us, on balance they have a higher average attendance than Everton. GP is limited to a measly 35K, what are the limits on the others? Think of the revenue they generate from season ticket sales, I know they probably charge more but at the end of the day it is all about money in the bank.

I know that when they realased details of the ten most profitable shrit sponsorship deals in the premier league Everton weren't on it (while the likes of Sunderland were) and I know when the guardian compared the club accounts of all 20 premier league clubs for 2010-11 here our incoming from commercial was pretty low comapred to our rivals.

In 2010-11 we made 82 million, 53 came from tv deals, 17 from tickets sold on match days and only 12 from commercial deals.

Compare that 12 million from commercial deals to Man U's 103 million, liverpool's 77 million, Man City's 65 million, Arsenal's 33 million, Spurs 19 million, Villa's 17 million or Newcastle's 16 million.

In 2011-12, that had dropped to 11 milion from commercial deals (less than norwich's 14 million).

In 2012-13 it was back up to 12 million. That's about what West Ham, Sunderland and Fulham get. It's difficult to argue they're overperforming in this area.

The truth is we have a lower commercial income than any other top half premier league club. Most of our income comes from tv and prize money.

I know that when they realased details of the ten most profitable shrit sponsorship deals in the premier league Everton weren't on it (while the likes of Sunderland were) and I know when the guardian compared the club accounts of all 20 premier league clubs for 2010-11 here our incoming from commercial was pretty low comapred to our rivals.

In 2010-11 we made 82 million, 53 came from tv deals, 17 from tickets sold on match days and only 12 from commercial deals.

Compare that 12 million from commercial deals to Man U's 103 million, liverpool's 77 million, Man City's 65 million, Arsenal's 33 million, Spurs 19 million, Villa's 17 million or Newcastle's 16 million.

In 2011-12, that had dropped to 11 milion from commercial deals (less than norwich's 14 million).

In 2012-13 it was back up to 12 million. That's about what West Ham, Sunderland and Fulham get. It's difficult to argue they're overperforming in this area.

The truth is we have a lower commercial income than any other top half premier league club. Most of our income comes from tv and prize money.

Spurs and West Ham are awful considering that they are in London, while Villas figure is pretty good...I wonder what the corporate facilities are like at Villa these days , its some time since I've been to Villa Park. Newcastle get 50,000 or so at most home games, which is a lot more Newky Brown supped than Chang supped at GP ! Liverpool are still getting good sales based on their medium past European adventures, they desperately need European football next season, or their commercial income will take a severe hit, and the Yanks know this. Everton have difficulties selling to corporates, partly due to facilities and partly due to the still fairly recent success of the RS..corporates want to entertain clients who have probably heard more about the RS than Everton,unfortunately. This is a poor situation and there isn't an easy, workable answer. The actual answer is at least two fold...redevelop GP or get a new marketable stadium, and win a few trophies. The second part of that is easier, in my opinion !

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back