Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What he is stating is a fact, Everton have done brilliantly on what they have spent. Moyes must take a lot of praise for this, but you cant argue Everton have stabilised and both Moyes and Martinez praise Kenwright to the hilt.

But whatever are your views (and a small number obsess on Kenwright,look at this thread!) who would you like to see takeover? As far as I know no one has put in a bid!

according to the man himself he was meeting 2 bidders, and looking to go through DD, until......

Bill got a hunch....spidey sense about a bedsit or summat....

No I'd rather we don't go the way of
Portsmouth et al and manage then
reduce the debt. RS and others
have massively outspent us and are
trophy less proving throwing big bucks
at something doesn't always work.
[/QU
OTE]

I hate Portsmouth and Leeds. Its arguable that what happened to those two clubs has had an equally negative affect on Everton, as such a large section of our fanbase are now paralysed with fear of change that the current board could virtually get away with anything.

What?

according to the man himself he was meeting 2 bidders, and looking to go through DD, until......

Bill got a hunch....spidey sense about a bedsit or summat....

So no one has put a bid in. Even if they did I believe Kenwright would not sell unless it was in Everton's benefit. The usual suspects will no doubt totally dispute that, but its what I believe.

So no one has put a bid in. Even if they did I believe Kenwright would not sell unless it was in Everton's benefit. The usual suspects will no doubt totally dispute that, but its what I believe.

And his mates.

I dont doubt his motives, but I do question his abilities, and his associates.

And I quite like him if I am honest!

I want us 1st, mate.

Being 5th while spending no money is to me less satisfactory than being 1st while spending lots.

It's like playing a small child in goal and then going yeah we've only finished 6th but we've got a small child in goal, considering that we've done quite well. It's true to the point, but you're basically celebrating being so badly run you've got a small child in goal. You're crippling yourself and then patting yourself on the back for not being that slow.

Likewise getting to 5th while spending no money is quite good but since raising money is part of the game then it is basically clebrating being good enough at certain things to compromise for being awful at other things. Great, how about we try and be good at all things and then we might actually win something and not just finish about 6th every year?

I want to come first as well, mate. Any real Evertonian would always WANT this. But roughly translated what that means is that you want Everton to have a billionaire benefactor. That is a chilling fact in todays sporting world. The RS have spent a fortune, and they are one point ahead of us, and either of us could get fourth. Two of the three teams at the top are financed by billionaires, in fact as the article about Mourhino says, even Chelsea can't keep up financially with City. Arsenal pay very good wages, and have a new superstadium...Wenger is very shrewd but their next manager will probably spent a fortune, without being able to keep up with the top two.I'm not being negative...never have been negative about anything....but reality kicks in sometimes. Acquiring some exceptional talent out of sight of the big two/three and winning a cup or even the league is what I want for Everton, but I would also be prepared to take on a new owner who could compete financially with City and Chelsea, and Arsenal. Thats our Plan B for winning the league, but there is no sign of it happening. Its no good looking at owners like Lerner, the guys at Stoke, Newcastle, etc., with envy when they go into debt to make mediocre/average signings...they are all failing because even though they've got a few bob, its nothing like enough. Thanks for your articulate and reasonable responses...the usual suspects have responded true to form, playing the same old worn out record.

Last edited:
Mike Ashley couldn't sell Newcastle for a knockdown price of circa £80 million despite being on the market for 18 months,what makes you people think that buyers are queuing up to buy Everton ?
I've yet to see any concrete evidence of any offers or bids for Everton.
Please don't give me this NDA bollox,if any would be buyer was serious enough to want in, the way forward would be to go public with a hostile bid. A common enough occurrence in the financial business world.

Is anyone really listening to steve wigan and bourneblue after 14 years of this tripe? They've got a brass neck, I'll give them that. Barely 24 hours after Everton signed another shirt deal for the next five years that will give the club the square root of precisely sweet FA, and here they are talking about the need for billionaire benefactors or 'forget about it'.

Billionaire benefactors? I'd settle for a commercial department who can cut a deal that amounts to more than 'great publicity' and being 'Umbro's flagship club'. Cash might be nice next time, just a thought.

Is anyone really listening to steve wigan and bourneblue after 14 years of this tripe? They've got a brass neck, I'll give them that. Barely 24 hours after Everton signed another shirt deal for the next five years that will give the club the square root of precisely sweet FA, and here they are talking about the need for billionaire benefactors or 'forget about it'.

Billionaire benefactors? I'd settle for a commercial department who can cut a deal that amounts to more than 'great publicity' and being 'Umbro's flagship club'. Cash might be nice next time, just a thought.

Spot on Dave, i'm starting to suspect most of the other operating costs are actually payments for people posting pro board/Kenwright atuff on forums/papers etc, amount of board apologists astounds me if their genuine fans like

They're spot on that to win the league now requires a huge huge change in our fiances, PSG or City money basically.

You could argue that it's our fault for not taking full advantage of things in the 90s and letting the gap grow to the current situation and compare us with the way arsenal, man u and liverpool took advantage if the new money but it's a fair enough criticism.

But yeah to finish 4th and win fa cups, which would be a step forward, we just need a little bit more than we've currently got and the board's inability to provide the money that even second flight teams do to give us that is a little terrible.

Our sponsorship and other commercial deals are very low compared to our rivals, as is the money we make on match days (though I will always appreciate the way Lerner and Kenwright and other owners of that kind refuse to milk the fanbase by charging arsenal and qpr type ticket prices, it would drive what few working class scousers can still afford to get to games out of this club and no success is worth that).

Did we not make an annual loss on kit sales prior to our deal with kitbag ?
Sure it's a pain to walk into a sports shop outside of merseyside and not see any Everton merchandise.But having said that aside from utd, Chelsea, arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, the sh*te, I don't see many other clubs wares on display.

They're spot on that to win the league now requires a huge huge change in our fiances, PSG or City money basically.

You could argue that it's our fault for not taking full advantage of things in the 90s and letting the gap grow to the current situation and compare us with the way arsenal, man u and liverpool took advantage if the new money but it's a fair enough criticism.

But yeah to finish 4th and win fa cups, which would be a step forward, we just need a little bit more than we've currently got and the board's inability to provide the money that even second flight teams do to give us that is a little terrible.

Our sponsorship and other commercial deals are very low compared to our rivals, as is the money we make on match days (though I will always appreciate the way Lerner and Kenwright and other owners of that kind refuse to milk the fanbase by charging arsenal and qpr type ticket prices, it would drive what few working class scousers can still afford to get to games out of this club and no success is worth that).

I posted last night that the brains trust in charge of Everton have grown the non-broadcasting commercial revenue by a whopping 6m in the past decade. I think everyone needs to pause and reflect on that for a minute. An average 600k per year for a decade....they own and control probably the biggest name outside the PL super brands and they cant do better than that. Obviously the Kitbag deal goes down in infamy, but the other stuff on shirt sponsors and catering and corporate hospitality has been such a shambles that even if Kitbag wasn't in place you just know they'd sell the shirt deal for 10 bob to some chancer outfit.

They couldn't sell hot cakes to starving navvies, as my old Gran would have said.

Did we not make an annual loss on kit sales prior to our deal with kitbag ?
Sure it's a pain to walk into a sports shop outside of merseyside and not see any Everton merchandise.But having said that aside from utd, Chelsea, arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, the sh*te, I don't see many other clubs wares on display.

Yeah, and I'll tell you why...because a former member of the Everton brains Trust, CEO Keith Wyness, bought about 500,000 quids worth of extra stock that he didn't have a clue how to shift.

Spot on Dave, i'm starting to suspect most of the other operating costs are actually payments for people posting pro board/Kenwright atuff on forums/papers etc, amount of board apologists astounds me if their genuine fans like

...it has to go somewhere like. Goodison Gold is a theory as plausible as any!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back