Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenwright's tenure and the many missed opportunities that have been part of it, is indeed well documented and you merely assume that I'm not critical of many aspects of it. You'll get there in the end lad....

Totally agreed lad, I'm already there waiting for you. It's probably fair to assume that like us Leahy is similarly critical of Kenwright's tenure even though Mr Wigan wondered if he wanted to buy some shares.

Well, yeah, not anymore.

Shirt-deals-13-14-PL.jpg

Do Emirates airlines really think they will make £30m more money a year from sponsoring a shirt? And a stadium, I know, but it seems bonkers to me.

Do Emirates airlines really think they will make £30m more money a year from sponsoring a shirt? And a stadium, I know, but it seems bonkers to me.

They will make a lot of money from sponsoring arsenal, think of the amount of brand exposure they get, there's no over form of advertising that gets more exposure.

I know a couple of Directors of Aon, and they tell me that the Manchester United sponsorship deal is one of the best pieces of business they have ever done. The investment in sponsoring United has been a success beyond their wildest dreams.

They will make a lot of money from sponsoring arsenal, think of the amount of brand exposure they get, there's no over form of advertising that gets more exposure.

I can understand it for brands like Vodaphone, O2, Red Bull, and the like, where they are trying to actually sell more stuff in, (mainly) developing markets. But I just do not believe that the majority of people that fly "choose" their airline other than on who flys a particular route, and price. Like, the top end might, a bit, I guess. But not most people.

I know a couple of Directors of Aon, and they tell me that the Manchester United sponsorship deal is one of the best pieces of business they have ever done. The investment in sponsoring United has been a success beyond their wildest dreams.

Cool! Used to deal with them a lot, a few years back, and in their industry, I can see the benefit, I really can. Just not an airline!

I can understand it for brands like Vodaphone, O2, Red Bull, and the like, where they are trying to actually sell more stuff in, (mainly) developing markets. But I just do not believe that the majority of people that fly "choose" their airline other than on who flys a particular route, and price. Like, the top end might, a bit, I guess. But not most people.

It's about building spontaneous awareness in many cases. Who'd really heard of Etihad before their deal with City? Now we all know who they are and what they do, so you'd consider them today when 5 years ago you probably wouldn't.

Cool! Used to deal with them a lot, a few years back, and in their industry, I can see the benefit, I really can. Just not an airline!

Agree, it seems more sensible, but I guess it is just brand awareness and trophy advertising - if Emirates do not sponsor they know that competing Middle Eastern airlines will fill the gap.

[QUOTE="the esk, post: 2577793, member: 93"]I know a couple of Directors of Aon, and they tell me that the Manchester United sponsorship deal is one of the best pieces of business they have ever done. The investment in sponsoring United has been a success beyond their wildest dreams.

Cool! Used to deal with them a lot, a few years back, and in their industry, I can see the benefit, I really can. Just not an airline![/QUOTE]

Emirates had a turnover of over 2 billion dollars last year ! Spending 30 million on arsenal is the equivalent of me or you buying a chocolate bar! If you have the money why not sponsor an attractive buisness

[QUOTE="the esk, post: 2577793, member: 93"]I know a couple of Directors of Aon, and they tell me that the Manchester United sponsorship deal is one of the best pieces of business they have ever done. The investment in sponsoring United has been a success beyond their wildest dreams.

Cool! Used to deal with them a lot, a few years back, and in their industry, I can see the benefit, I really can. Just not an airline![/QUOTE]

Think the people behind, Air Emirates (likewise with City/Etihad) are a lot more than Airlines. The people who own these own practically the whole countries they hail from. These countries have a booming tourist industry and seem to be set on becoming massive players in the leisure industry.

It's about building spontaneous awareness in many cases. Who'd really heard of Etihad before their deal with City? Now we all know who they are and what they do, so you'd consider them today when 5 years ago you probably wouldn't.

True, but just not convinced of the commercial return versus the cost. But then the whole City sponsoring etc is more about the country really, so I guess that works.

See, a guy I know works on branding in F1, and he can show real data to a sponsor how sales have increased in proportion to other companies by sponsoring a team. Its powerful stuff.

Just not convinced it works for an airline, thats all. And I am sure that the two biggest airline sponsors, by some way, are from the same part of the world!

True, but just not convinced of the commercial return versus the cost. But then the whole City sponsoring etc is more about the country really, so I guess that works.

Think how much every column inch and second of TV would cost them if they added up what they get for 'free' via their football sponsorship......& that's before you start thinking about the positive association their brand is gaining from the deal.

I'm sure they'll measure the ROI on it via ticket sales and market research measuring the increase in spontaneous awareness of their brand.

Totally agreed lad, I'm already there waiting for you. It's probably fair to assume that like us Leahy is similarly critical of Kenwright's tenure even though Mr Wigan wondered if he wanted to buy some shares.

Mr Wigan didn't wonder that at all. It was a time on Kipper when various posters were suggesting that TL might want to invest...I never did, because even before I wrote to him to clear it up, I knew that he had nothing like the capital required for even a small ish investment, based on his salaried earnings from his retail executive job. He didn't own the company, he worked for them. If you read stuff with the 'agenda' part of your brain switched off, you'll get this yourself, without having to be told, because you're a clever bloke......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back