Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote to TL a few years ago asking if he had considered investment in Everton or a closer involvement with the club.

It's probably fair to assume that like us Leahy is similarly critical of Kenwright's tenure even though Mr Wigan wondered if he wanted to buy some shares.

Mr Wigan didn't wonder that at all. It was a time on Kipper when various posters were suggesting that TL might want to invest...I never did, because even before I wrote to him to clear it up,

Not clear what exactly is being disputed here Steve ? Like Mr Hot Dog, you appear to be confusing interpretation of the English language with "agenda" for some reason.

Not clear what exactly is being disputed here Steve ? Like Mr Hot Dog, you appear to be confusing interpretation of the English language with "agenda" for some reason.

You were implying that I wondred whether TL would want to invest. I made it clear that I KNEW he didn't want to invest. Your 'interpretation of the English language' is driven by your agenda. But at least you're fun;)

Mr Wigan didn't wonder that at all. It was a time on Kipper when various posters were suggesting that TL might want to invest...I never did, because even before I wrote to him to clear it up, I knew that he had nothing like the capital required for even a small ish investment, based on his salaried earnings from his retail executive job. He didn't own the company, he worked for them. If you read stuff with the 'agenda' part of your brain switched off, you'll get this yourself, without having to be told, because you're a clever bloke......

He would only need £1250 for a share plus a willing seller to get on the board.

He may have the worlds greatest Evertonian in a benevolent mood if he was short of a few quid and get given a share just like fat bsckside did when he was 'placed' on the board.

He would only need £1250 for a share plus a willing seller to get on the board.

He may have the worlds greatest Evertonian in a benevolent mood if he was short of a few quid and get given a share just like fat bsckside did when he was 'placed' on the board.
I always thought Fat backside was a hero of the usual suspects ! Never understood why he was on the board...at first I thought there was some technical reason.....it was hardly a 'perk'...or maybe it was just a symbolic thing. TL never wanted to get so involved that he'd be a board member !! He probably dabbles a bit in the shares market, but thats about real shares...Everton are not listed and the shares are more akin to debentures, as at Twickenham or the Millenium Stadium/Cardiff Arms Park !! At least thats my understanding, but its not my area of expertise at all.

I always thought Fat backside was a hero of the usual suspects ! Never understood why he was on the board...at first I thought there was some technical reason.....it was hardly a 'perk'...or maybe it was just a symbolic thing. TL never wanted to get so involved that he'd be a board member !! He probably dabbles a bit in the shares market, but thats about real shares...Everton are not listed and the shares are more akin to debentures, as at Twickenham or the Millenium Stadium/Cardiff Arms Park !! At least thats my understanding, but its not my area of expertise at all.

He was on the board because he was CEO.

Elstone on the other hand hasnt been given that vote of confidence by the worlds greatest Evertonian.

Incidentally fat backside was at the GM at the Phil earlier this year and making a point of talking with people who are known to be opposed to the board and Elstone.

He was on the board because he was CEO.

Elstone on the other hand hasnt been given that vote of confidence by the worlds greatest Evertonian.

Incidentally fat backside was at the GM at the Phil earlier this year and making a point of talking with people who are known to be opposed to the board and Elstone.

Yes..I remember now...is it necessary for a CEO to 1) hold share(s) or 2) be on the board ? I would assume that if they wanted him at board meetings they would simply invite him. Does Elstone sit in on all board meetings. Presumably Wyness did if he was 'on the board'....to be a board member I assume you need to be a shareholder, however small your holding(oops!) Maybe Wyness pushed for it...he has a self promotional reputation, didn't he have something to do with a major cock up at an Olympic Games ? My memory does not of course serve me well sometimes because I'm very old.....;)

Yes..I remember now...is it necessary for a CEO to 1) hold share(s) or 2) be on the board ? I would assume that if they wanted him at board meetings they would simply invite him. Does Elstone sit in on all board meetings. Presumably Wyness did if he was 'on the board'....to be a board member I assume you need to be a shareholder, however small your holding(oops!) Maybe Wyness pushed for it...he has a self promotional reputation, didn't he have something to do with a major cock up at an Olympic Games ? My memory does not of course serve me well sometimes because I'm very old.....;)

According to the 'rules' to be on the board you had to be a shareholder. Kenwright gave fat backside a share so he took part in board meetings.

Elstone does not have that privelage.

Apart from Kenwright , Woods , Earl and Granchester does anyone know of any other people with a significant shareholding ? Got told tonight ( by my neighbour sorry ) that , allegedly , a big sponsorship deal is in the pipeline this summer and possible stadium move !
Anyone of you ITK's hear anything similar or has my pensioner neighbour had to much stout ?

Apart from Kenwright , Woods , Earl and Granchester does anyone know of any other people with a significant shareholding ? Got told tonight ( by my neighbour sorry ) that , allegedly , a big sponsorship deal is in the pipeline this summer and possible stadium move !
Anyone of you ITK's hear anything similar or has my pensioner neighbour had to much stout ?
This rumour is a clear indication barkley is getting sold lads

According to the 'rules' to be on the board you had to be a shareholder. Kenwright gave fat backside a share so he took part in board meetings.

Elstone does not have that privelage.

Out of interest, which "rules" are these?

The Articles of the Company place no such qualification on Directors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back