The Everton Board Thread

You know what banks are like it's going to take ten days before this payment appears in our accounts so at least 10 more days to for us to wail over.

I don't really understand how it works , they invest in the club but don't get any of Moshiris shares?
I don't see what they get out of it unless there is a share issue maybe increasing the shares from 135 thousand to say 175?
Can someone explain how it all works as I am just a simple soul from the land of the bogs.

I don't really understand how it works , they invest in the club but don't get any of Moshiris shares?
I don't see what they get out of it unless there is a share issue maybe increasing the shares from 135 thousand to say 175?
Can someone explain how it all works as I am just a simple soul from the land of the bogs.

It’s a loan to pay for the stadium

Moshiri essentially made his own supplementary shares by converting debt into equity.

I suspect (but don't know, haven't done too much reading on it because Everton are exhausting more generally) that this loan will lead to something similar for MSP.

@davek
Sorry Dave but @Goat and @MrGrumpy have a valid point… you come on here and pontificate endlessly about how the likes of the AllTogetherNow and NSNOW groups do things wrongly in your opinion yet, we see very little from you in the way of alternate suggestions.
As Grumpy says, let’s see you form an action/protest group and do a significantly better job than they’re doing.
I dont condemn any Evertonian who takes the time to protest at the governance of this club. I admire them. I do have a go at the people who organise some of these events though...ones like that a few days after the end of the season which was almost certain to fail in terms of numbers in attendance. That didn't do an awful lot optics-wise to improve our situation and possibly harmed it by suggesting those determined to change what just happened were a tiny minority. Lions led by donkeys IMO. This organisation appears to be controlled by a few people on social media and there doesn't apear to be scrutiny of the strategy adopted...hence we see ill-conceived messaging that do fans no favour. I've read of one Everton forum administrator involved in the media who's contacted alltogethernow to consult with them on messaging but received no response.

Why should I have to form an action group to sustain my opinion that the tactics and messaging of alltogethernow leave a lot to be desired? I dont undertsand that. It's like telling me that if I dont agree with the prices down at Tesco I should start my own supermarket. I am allowed an opinion aren't I?

Perhaps you, @MrGrumpy and @Goat think that there's nothing to complain about with alltogethernow, but I dont think there's just me who sees their shortcomings.

I am 100% in synch with their objectives and I would never criticise those that follow them, but that doesn't mean they get a free hand to say what they want without it being critiqued. KEIOC and the Blue Union were never allowed such a free hand, and this lot shouldn't be.

Moshiri essentially made his own supplementary shares by converting debt into equity.

I suspect (but don't know, haven't done too much reading on it because Everton are exhausting more generally) that this loan will lead to something similar for MSP.
So obviously this helps with the building of the ground but none of this seems to make any difference to the football side of the club.
I get that we will shopping in Poundland for the next few years selling to buy .
All most of us want is the club to be run like a business with business people on the board and Kenwright moved from office and no longer making decisions at the club
If we can move to the new ground on a firmer footing hopefully a new owner will come along and get us at least competing for honours again.

So obviously this helps with the building of the ground but none of this seems to make any difference to the football side of the club.
I get that we will shopping in Poundland for the next few years selling to buy .
All most of us want is the club to be run like a business with business people on the board and Kenwright moved from office and no longer making decisions at the club
If we can move to the new ground on a firmer footing hopefully a new owner will come along and get us at least competing for honours again.
Yes, everything is about limping to the new ground so that we can increase revenue and therefore competitiveness.

All of our eggs are in that basket - so it's critical that we get that finished and don't get relegated in the meantime. Anything that helps that is good.

I dont condemn any Evertonian who takes the time to protest at the governance of this club. I admire them. I do have a go at the people who organise some of these events though...ones like that a few days after the end of the season which was almost certain to fail in terms of numbers in attendance. That didn't do an awful lot optics-wise to improve our situation and possibly harmed it by suggesting those determined to change what just happened were a tiny minority. Lions led by donkeys IMO. This organisation appears to be controlled by a few people on social media and there doesn't apear to be scrutiny of the strategy adopted...hence we see ill-conceived messaging that do fans no favour. I've read of one Everton forum administrator involved in the media who's contacted alltogethernow to consult with them on messaging but received no response.

Why should I have to form an action group to sustain my opinion that the tactics and messaging of alltogethernow leave a lot to be desired? I dont undertsand that. It's like telling me that if I dont agree with the prices down at Tesco I should start my own supermarket. I am allowed an opinion aren't I?

Perhaps you, @MrGrumpy and @Goat think that there's nothing to complain about with alltogethernow, but I dont think there's just me who sees their shortcomings.

I am 100% in synch with their objectives and I would never criticise those that follow them, but that doesn't mean they get a free hand to say what they want without it being critiqued. KEIOC and the Blue Union were never allowed such a free hand, and this lot shouldn't be.
They don't need to be a perfectly run group with all the trappings of such. They are protesting an imperfectly run group and demanding change. They are a mixture of separate fan groups that imo opinion have done a good job so far(see 3 board members gone so far)
They have one goal, and a haphazard small showing outside the liver building when other fans were recovering in relief might just have been the thing to push the changes. It was different from last year, small crowd or not, and that sends a strong message.
The message they are sending is one of frustration, being a well oiled machine at all times doesn't convey that emotion as well as you might think.
So far so good for the alltogethernow group imo 👏

They don't need to be a perfectly run group with all the trappings of such. They are protesting an imperfectly run group and demanding change. They are a mixture of separate fan groups that imo opinion have done a good job so far(see 3 board members gone so far)
They have one goal, and a haphazard small showing outside the liver building when other fans were recovering in relief might just have been the thing to push the changes. It was different from last year, small crowd or not, and that sends a strong message.
The message they are sending is one of frustration, being a well oiled machine at all times doesn't convey that emotion as well as you might think.
So far so good for the alltogethernow group imo 👏
They've kept up the intensity through the season. I didn't agree with that given the circumstances we found ourselves in, but it's meant that there was never any way back for the Everton board. That's undeniable.

But we can disagree on stuff, cant we?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back