The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fill in the blanks -

“Agreed after a long search by ********* for a wealthy investor”

“ ********* has said for years he was looking for the right financial backer to enable Everton to compete with the richer clubs”

“ *********” described Moshiri as ‘the perfect partner, saying he had got to know him over 18 months’!

Asking for a friend, but was Kenwright correct to make deal he did with Moshiri?
He found a wealthy owner

He found someone to help compete with richer clubs

Moshiri could of sounded like the perfect partner if he said all the right things beforehand.

Was he correct at the time or in hindsight? I'm just checking, you sound like you wanted Kenwright to NOT sell and stay on as owner is that right?
See I'm in the other camp, I actually wanted him to sell, then a new era starts on a new man's watch, unfortunately it hasn't been as good as the time when Kenwright owned us.

Either way Bill had delivered, looked after us, sold onto someone who would invest in the team, its also a masterstroke of his delivering Bramley Moore and getting someone else to pay for it.

He found a wealthy owner

He found someone to help compete with richer clubs

Moshiri could of sounded like the perfect partner if he said all the right things beforehand.

Was he correct at the time or in hindsight? I'm just checking, you sound like you wanted Kenwright to NOT sell and stay on as owner is that right?
See I'm in the other camp, I actually wanted him to sell, then a new era starts on a new man's watch, unfortunately it hasn't been as good as the time when Kenwright owned us.

Either way Bill had delivered, looked after us, sold onto someone who would invest in the team, its also a masterstroke of his delivering Bramley Moore and getting someone else to pay for it.
If we were ever to attempt to compete with the “rich” clubs then Kenwright had to sell to the right person, or even people, that’s clear. Not quite so sure that he needed to stay on as Chairman as part of the deal that I suspect made him a rather wealthy man!
Moshiri will be known as the man who (hopefully) delivered Bramley Moore, although Bill K might try and claim it was him what built it! We’ll never actually know what would have happened if this deal had played out to the full because of Putin’s actions in Ukraine, and the subsequent impact that had on the real money behind Moshiri’s era in charge!

Its less the absence of a goalscorer, as we have one when Dominic Calvert-Lewin is fit; it's the total lack of any creativity / service that's the issue.

Can't expect Dom to magic a goal out of nothing, he needs the service
Even with service he is rubbish, can’t hold up the ball and misses too many chances.

We have a good had working board, no issues with them, problem is the owner.

All fans should be thinking about right now is supporting the players and manager

We have changed numerous managers, the board has been shuffled all to no avail.

Football as a supporters game is dying, the players run down contracts and leave doubling and trebling salaries as no fee is being paid and we still trundle along come rain or shine and spend our hard earned money watching shoite.

the future is a super league and we as a club will get no where near it as we have consistently picked bad managers, consistently bought poor players and consistently played crap football.

it’s now not a matter of if but when will the super league start.

except the top six the remaining tussle for nothing and the FA will have no option but to follow the money train (super league) and like the other teams will be left behind.

Within 5 years we will be finished aa a club unless we spend massively NOW for the players that may help us compete and Fluck FFP, just sell for cheap all the shoite we have and dig deep Mosh because you will lose massively on your investment when you sell irrespective of a new stadium.

Final note, visited my 90 year old mum today (visit her all the time) and she was chatting about Everton stating we are finished!!

We have a good had working board, no issues with them, problem is the owner.

All fans should be thinking about right now is supporting the players and manager
Wouldn’t it be great to see Everton without this ambition less buffoon in the directors box , you know get some winners, proper grown up people,not someone who thinks finishing 7th is success , and now thinks our ambition is simply staying up

Status
Not open for further replies.