The Everton Board Thread

But a much better tennis player. The rot started with him. The Moores family turned toward the red shareholding and Marsh was put in to sell us on their behalf. He was a Littlewoods man who strangled us.
Think it goes as far back as Carter myself.

We never pushed on from when we’re champions in 87, I know having no Europe had a major part, but others improved.

Our board on their laurels thinking we’d always dine at the top table being part of the big 5, especially when we had a hand in creating the Premier League.

Think it goes as far back as Carter myself.

We never pushed on from when we’re champions in 87, I know having no Europe had a major part, but others improved.

Our board on their laurels thinking we’d always dine at the top table being part of the big 5, especially when we had a hand in creating the Premier League.

Since our last title, four times in 30 years we've finished top four places.

Scandalous.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB

Who do you want out? The man putting money in and building a new stadium?

Or the mumbling attention seeker who's presided over this landslide, and despite selling his shares somehow is still in the top seat.

Culture comes from the top in every business. You see players and managers come in who slack off, play golf instead of coaching and so on. Who gives them the idea that is acceptable behaviour? That's right, it's Mr Everton.

Not stepping back inside Goodison (and funding the attention seeker) until he's gone. Probably manage to get the new stadium or a stand named after himself. Then I'm completely done with it.

Or the mumbling attention seeker who's presided over this landslide, and despite selling his shares somehow is still in the top seat.

Culture comes from the top in every business. You see players and managers come in who slack off, play golf instead of coaching and so on. Who gives them the idea that is acceptable behaviour? That's right, it's Mr Everton.

Not stepping back inside Goodison (and funding the attention seeker) until he's gone. Probably manage to get the new stadium or a stand named after himself. Then I'm completely done with it.
The man putting money into “the stadium” is not doing it for us. He’s doing it to increase his ROI, and he’ll also be bringing outside investment to help wit this.

That man has, in the space of 6 years, brought this club to its knees with poor decisions at every level of the business. He has overseen a monumental catastrophe.

But the answer to your question is everyone of them. From owner, to directors and board members, to senior managers within the club.

I’ll shout and scream at the board, as they’re the reason we’re in this mess.

They’re the reason Goodison is toxic, and a mess.

But it’s not the board who tell Anthony Gordon to show now effort or enthusiasm, or tell Lampard to make the same subs every week.

We’re a terrible football team, the board needs to go. We’re in serious trouble.

Does relegation finally loosen kenwrights grip and makes moshiri sell up
I doubt a certain element of the fanbase would take well to relegation. When that happens, I suspect people's ability to live their lives in peace would be jeopardised by this nasty element. It's the way of the world, sadly. I'd expect mass resignations if we went down. I can't see how else one might protect oneself from the mob.

Does relegation finally loosen kenwrights grip and makes moshiri sell up
Realistically who’d buy us? We are more than likely going to be in the Championship, have debts and are trying to fund a half a billion pound stadium. I’m sure there are contracts to say we need to make payments to the builders by certain dates. Relegation could mean we are unable to make them payments. Not only will this impact the building of the stadium, but we could be liable for millions if we can’t meet our obligations.

Realistically who’d buy us? We are more than likely going to be in the Championship, have debts and are trying to fund a half a billion pound stadium. I’m sure there are contracts to say we need to make payments to the builders by certain dates. Relegation could mean we are unable to make them payments. Not only will this impact the building of the stadium, but we could be liable for millions if we can’t meet our obligations.
The stadium should never have been started until the team was in an established comfortable position within the league imo.

I’ll shout and scream at the board, as they’re the reason we’re in this mess.

They’re the reason Goodison is toxic, and a mess.

But it’s not the board who tell Anthony Gordon to show now effort or enthusiasm, or tell Lampard to make the same subs every week.

We’re a terrible football team, the board needs to go. We’re in serious trouble.
I agree that the Board are underwhelming and incompetent in the setting of a strategy and plan for developing the club. I think much of the blame for this lies at the feet of Moshiri. I am mystified as to how a person can make a multi million investment in the club and not appear to conduct due diligence on those left to set the dirction of development.

I cannot emvisage any other investor gaining overall control in terms of shareholding and leave in place, as Chairman the person who had presided over 10 years plus of sharp practice( Fortress Sports Fund, Kirkby stadium) as examples and failure. Additionally it appears that he or the Board have never held the CEO to account.

The result of this and Moshiri himself interfering in decision making and failing to hold people to account, is responsible for much of our present mess.

Lampard inherited a club which was in need of a major overhaul at all levels against a backdrop of a tight financia regime, which has occurred as result of Moshiri's profligacy. Against such a backdrop, any manager would make mistakes.

The stadium should never have been started until the team was in an established comfortable position within the league imo.
I get that. The issue we probably had was that the land had become available in a good location. If we didn’t go for it now we probably would be looking for a site somewhere outside of the city boundary. Also no chance we could have bought the land and then sat on it for years until the team improved.

I want the owner, chairman and the board to go. I've said it many times

The owner is ultimately responsible for the direction of the club because he could overhaul the board today if he wanted to.

I agree that the Board are underwhelming and incompetent in the setting of a strategy and plan for developing the club. I think much of the blame for this lies at the feet of Moshiri. I am mystified as to how a person can make a multi million investment in the club and not appear to conduct due diligence on those left to set the dirction of development.

I cannot emvisage any other investor gaining overall control in terms of shareholding and leave in place, as Chairman the person who had presided over 10 years plus of sharp practice( Fortress Sports Fund, Kirkby stadium) as examples and failure. Additionally it appears that he or the Board have never held the CEO to account.

The result of this and Moshiri himself interfering in decision making and failing to hold people to account, is responsible for much of our present mess.

Lampard inherited a club which was in need of a major overhaul at all levels against a backdrop of a tight financia regime, which has occurred as result of Moshiri's profligacy. Against such a backdrop, any manager would make mistakes.

I’ve made my opinions on this loud and clear. I continue to believe Moshiri was nothing more than a mouthpiece for Usmanov.

Usmanov not being around the day-to-day running, meant Kenwright and co have stuck around and subsequently kept “control”, with the recent appointment of Graeme Sharp to the board.

That’s where this project unravelled, right at the beginning, because when you take over a business you’re meant to review the current staff and decide whether they’re a fit.

All that happened is, we amplified our boards lack of ability by giving them half a billion to piss away.

I will never change my opinion that Bill Kenwright is the worst thing to ever happen to Everton Football Club. If you love the club like you say you do, you move on.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back