The Everton Board Thread

The thing about Premier League P&S people seem to not realise, it is earnings related. You can only make PROFIT if your REVENUE exceeds your COSTS

Everton spend 91% to 96% of revenue on wages alone

This has been why there has been so much criticism of Bill Kenwright and Denise Barrett-Baxendale

They've never achieved performance in commercial revenues. Ever. They exaggerate and claim things that are untrue.

They tried to claim the STAKE deal was a record and significant increase over CAZOO.

It was actually about £300,000 more per year over CAZOO.

For context Denise Barrett-Baxendale takes home around £960,000 a year and Bill Kenwright around £1.2 million a year.

This is what we are dealing with.

Virtually everything is outsourced too. Merchandise, hospitality etc. So the club gets a flat yearly fees and there is no looking for growth. Ever.

The culture at the club is all wrong

With non-commercial individuals who lack necessary experience on the board.

Will be interesting to see if anyone matches DBB's £1m salary when she leaves.

I'm going £57,000 pa + Nissan Quashqai as regional sales manager for DFS.

The thing about Premier League P&S people seem to not realise, it is earnings related. You can only make PROFIT if your REVENUE exceeds your COSTS

Everton spend 91% to 96% of revenue on wages alone

This has been why there has been so much criticism of Bill Kenwright and Denise Barrett-Baxendale

They've never achieved performance in commercial revenues. Ever. They exaggerate and claim things that are untrue.

They tried to claim the STAKE deal was a record and significant increase over CAZOO.

It was actually about £300,000 more per year over CAZOO.

For context Denise Barrett-Baxendale takes home around £960,000 a year and Bill Kenwright around £1.2 million a year.

This is what we are dealing with.

Virtually everything is outsourced too. Merchandise, hospitality etc. So the club gets a flat yearly fees and there is no looking for growth. Ever.

The culture at the club is all wrong

With non-commercial individuals who lack necessary experience on the board.
As well as failing to develop the commercial revenues, I have previously posted that I do not believe in 18 plus years the Board have ever had a documented Business Plan or Strategy. Surely if they had it would have been mentioned or produced to the Shareholders Association?
If there was one, it was so obviously inadequate with a total failure to bring about improvement that it highlights their ongoing incompetence.
This is over the time period when Premier League Football expanded into a world wide multi million pound business. Our administration has depended on mates and favours with promotion from within, justifying comparisons with a corner shop.

As well as failing to develop the commercial revenues, I have previously posted that I do not believe in 18 plus years the Board have ever had a documented Business Plan or Strategy. Surely if they had it would have been mentioned or produced to the Shareholders Association?
If there was one, it was so obviously inadequate with a total failure to bring about improvement that it highlights their ongoing incompetence.
This is over the time period when Premier League Football expanded into a world wide multi million pound business. Our administration has depended on mates and favours with promotion from within, justifying comparisons with a corner shop.
100%

Everyone knows Bill Kenwright takes retribution against anyone causing him problems

He removes access and makes his critics lives difficult

Same for the shareholders

The whole culture at the club is wrong

If we get this investment does the 105m get added as revenue? Or does it just go to Mosh? Probably a depending what they decide issue but curious if that’s a plausible way to get the monkey off our back faster?

Sorry to be pedantic but according to the last set of annual accounts the highest paid director is paid just over £2m and the total for the Board is £4m so I think your numbers are under called for either Kenwright or “little Miss Headlock”.

I do agree with your overall sentiment.

My figures are spot on and have been confirmed

Brands was the highest paid director when he was at the club. The last accounts were for the 2020/2021 season.

Baxendale is on what I've said. Kenwright same. Both have had significant self awarded raises too during their time.

Last edited:
If we get this investment does the 105m get added as revenue? Or does it just go to Mosh? Probably a depending what they decide issue but curious if that’s a plausible way to get the monkey off our back faster?
I'm led to believe it along with the Gordon money is being used to refinance Everton and then obtain finance for the stadium build completion - Moshiri guaranteed to this summer. Plus have sufficient contingency cash in the company.

It doesn't "just go to Moshiri".

People should recognised Baxendale did not "fix the stadium costs". The costs have risen by by > or = 40% to £760m

That £260 m shortfall has to be financed to complete the stadium and get it generating money for EFC

The sooner it's generating money and not just being a capital cost the better

Last edited:
Im assuming if MSP invests and therefor gets the two board seats, it will be them adding 2 to make it a 6 member board. That gives them 33% of the say in things. Im not sure that helps them fight off the evil of Bill. And I dont think theres any chance Moshiri gives up half the board for a minority investment.

Maybe at least one of their chosen appointees would make so much sense the others might listen to them?

Im assuming if MSP invests and therefor gets the two board seats, it will be them adding 2 to make it a 6 member board. That gives them 33% of the say in things. Im not sure that helps them fight off the evil of Bill. And I dont think theres any chance Moshiri gives up half the board for a minority investment.

Maybe at least one of their chosen appointees would make so much sense the others might listen to them?

I think the way it is to work is that they want two permanent board positions they nominate.

25% equity for 25%/33% board positions

If there are 8 members they get 3 or 4 positions etc. Makes sense.

It also doesn't rule out Moshiri making wholesale personnel changes on the board

Indeed it is cover for him as EFCSA are already calling for the vote of no confidence

If 30% of the company plus the customers (fans) are calling for Bill Kenwright's removal. Moshiri will have to act and has the excuse to do so.

Indeed with the club recapitalised by these investors it should be easier for Moshiri to act as well.

The investment wouldn't count as revenue I don't think and therefore wouldn't make much difference to the FFP position. That should hopefully be easing anyway with the player sales and the falling wage bill, although I suspect the limits on our spending in January were more cash flow than FFP anyway.

Hopefully in the next 12 months more stadium related revenue like naming rights will start to kick in and that would help give us some more FFP headroom. Between the enforced belt tightening of the last couple of years and the stadium revenue if we can maintain our PL status we should probably be in a better FFP position than a lot of clubs in a couple of years time, which in turn would make us more attractive to investors / new owners.