The Everton Board Thread

I thought along similar minds and posted on 31/01/23, see #9588 for the full post, here's an edited bit -

"This may be stretching it, but not impossible and a feasible scenario,. The four flew over in the week prior to the Southampton game. Did the discussions about investment take place in the days before the game? If so, where and between which people? The Bloomberg article of 25/01/23 recaps events and refers to talks between Moshiri, Everton & MSP (tripartite)., with a reference to 'others' also being potential investors. Presumably the Bloomberg brief came from an MSP source (unnamed). The discussions would presumably have Moshiri in attendance and probably Kewright, maybe DBB at a push but not Ingles or Sharp and the Americans themselves. Did the discussions include the Americans voicing a desire to have a seat on the Everton Board as part of any substantial investment. If so, has Bill felt it a potential hostile development where his influence is diluted, questioned and weakened. History suggests he has form for turning away investors when it doesn't suit him. Yet he only has 1.3% of the shares.

Knowing the MSP delegation were scheduled to attend the Southampton game, did the known post-match peaceful protest provide an opportunity for snubbing the Yanks. The 12 o'clock statement came out of the blue, with allegations of threats (not reported to the Police), a risk assessment from some unnamed source (again not from the Police), the casual revelation of the historic 'Headlockgate', not forgetting Bill suffering from ill health. Thus none of the Everton Board were in attendance to receive Najafi and Co, in affect giving them the cold shoulder. Is this the back-story and real reason for that episode? Are MSP still 'considering', even with the prospect of relegation looming?"
So in short.
Bill didn't want to deal with the yanks because he knew he couldn't reasonably reject their offer in person so he threw the fans under the bus in order to get out of a meeting with them?
Sounds far fetched under normal circumstances.
But I'd have no problem believing it which is worrying in its self.

So in short.
Bill didn't want to deal with the yanks because he knew he couldn't reasonably reject their offer in person so he threw the fans under the bus in order to get out of a meeting with them?

Believe me, given what I've been told, there is literally NOTHING Bill Kenwright would do or say to maintain his position at Everton. He's not rational IMHO

I think it is a combination of things. Including specific circumstances of Bill Kenwright since Christmas. I agreed with @GrandOldTeam not to add that speculation on this forum.

However, there is lots going on behind the scenes at the club.

I would just add. Farhad Moshiri may have different private views on what is going on to what he's said publicly. Moshiri is in a very political situation within the club, including his dealings with the board members

Edit. I add I have a lot of sympathy for Moshiri given the situation these board members have put his investment and him in
Ta la.

I thought along similar minds and posted on 31/01/23, see #9588 for the full post, here's an edited bit -

"This may be stretching it, but not impossible and a feasible scenario,. The four flew over in the week prior to the Southampton game. Did the discussions about investment take place in the days before the game? If so, where and between which people? The Bloomberg article of 25/01/23 recaps events and refers to talks between Moshiri, Everton & MSP (tripartite)., with a reference to 'others' also being potential investors. Presumably the Bloomberg brief came from an MSP source (unnamed). The discussions would presumably have Moshiri in attendance and probably Kewright, maybe DBB at a push but not Ingles or Sharp and the Americans themselves. Did the discussions include the Americans voicing a desire to have a seat on the Everton Board as part of any substantial investment. If so, has Bill felt it a potential hostile development where his influence is diluted, questioned and weakened. History suggests he has form for turning away investors when it doesn't suit him. Yet he only has 1.3% of the shares.

Knowing the MSP delegation were scheduled to attend the Southampton game, did the known post-match peaceful protest provide an opportunity for snubbing the Yanks. The 12 o'clock statement came out of the blue, with allegations of threats (not reported to the Police), a risk assessment from some unnamed source (again not from the Police), the casual revelation of the historic 'Headlockgate', not forgetting Bill suffering from ill health. Thus none of the Everton Board were in attendance to receive Najafi and Co, in affect giving them the cold shoulder. Is this the back-story and real reason for that episode? Are MSP still 'considering', even with the prospect of relegation looming?"
Very plausible.

So in short.
Wonder if by besmirching the reputation of the fans he hoped to derail the investment plans….

Moshiri is a fool for entrusting matters in the board

Stay up it will be a case of rinse and repeat

Relegation should mean implosion

It's a case of what needs to happen to get the club back to where it should be

The toxity is ludicrous but the board blame the fans. The board is at fault

There is no logic in what is happening, making it impossible to know how the board/owner will react

The club is fckd and a laughing stock at that

I think it is a combination of things. Including specific circumstances of Bill Kenwright since Christmas. I agreed with @GrandOldTeam not to add that speculation on this forum.

However, there is lots going on behind the scenes at the club.

I would just add. Farhad Moshiri may have different private views on what is going on to what he's said publicly. Moshiri is in a very political situation within the club, including his dealings with the board members

Edit. I add I have a lot of sympathy for Moshiri given the situation these board members have put his investment and him in
You are speculating though if you keep sayin things like if you knew what I knew etc , just come out and say it become a GOT hero we need

Moshiri is a fool for entrusting matters in the board

Stay up it will be a case of rinse and repeat

Relegation should mean implosion

It's a case of what needs to happen to get the club back to where it should be

The toxity is ludicrous but the board blame the fans. The board is at fault

There is no logic in what is happening, making it impossible to know how the board/owner will react

The club is fckd and a laughing stock at that

Farhad Moshiri not sat next to Bill Kenwright at West Ham

Message right there

Wonder if by besmirching the reputation of the fans he hoped to derail the investment plans….
yea, the whole episode is weird.
Like GOT has mentioned and I said at the time,
Why on earth would you release a statement if the decision to stay away had already been taken.
If you had the clubs best interests at heart and you really feared for your safety, just stay away.
Give someone else your seat and hope it doesn't draw too much media attention.
If a statement was demanded (which it wasn't). just say that directors made the choice to stay away as they didn't want to be an unnecessary distraction.
Instead they accused the fans of death threats and putting the CEO in a headlock.
Even if it was true, which it wasn't, why on earth would you release a statement pretty much saying that.

The only reason must be that they were trying to scuttle something. Nothing else makes sense.