The F.A Cup or a top 4 finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is probably a daft idea but i never understand why the fourth place team qualifies for champions league. Congrats, you are fourth place and probably twenty points behind the leaders, yet you qualify to see if you're the best team in Europe? Ive thought that the FA Cup should take the place of 4th and get that qualification. It's not like it's guaranteed millions either, you have to still qualify for the group stages..

Yeah, that'd make it so much better. either that or a playoff system, have the final at wembley.

It should be at least the winners of the europea laegue who get into the champions league and even that's not the case

I know this is probably a daft idea but i never understand why the fourth place team qualifies for champions league. Congrats, you are fourth place and probably twenty points behind the leaders, yet you qualify to see if you're the best team in Europe? Ive thought that the FA Cup should take the place of 4th and get that qualification. It's not like it's guaranteed millions either, you have to still qualify for the group stages..

Aye good idea. They need to sack off that CL team dropping into the Europa League from every group too.

UEFA are bad biffs like.

FA C up winners instead of 4th for qualifying is a great idea. It adds a bit more prestige to the cup which has been sadly lacking and it throws up more of an opportunity for clubs like us, Sunderland, Newcastle and Liverpool the chance to break the monopoly of the four big clubs.

(They'll hate being lumped in that group with us when they read this)

we won t finish top 4, so the fa cup all day long.

moyes really needs to win silverware, im coming to the conclusion the man is a defeatist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back