The F.A Cup or a top 4 finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but 4th EVERY time. Its our only chance imo to get to the next level.
Plus we're much better now than last time AND we had a considerably cünty draw when we got villareal.
complete no brainer for me

its a hard one too pick, id have to go 4th just for the money, not seen us win a cup since
i was a little baba, am 19 now' so really was too young to remember and its something ive been
waiting all my life only time seen in CL was villareal horriblest night ever

getting in the CL would benefit in so many ways, increasing popularity in our countries
more likely to get investment probs and more money,atttract better players etc

never know this season were capable of one of them, take any as any blue would COYFBB !

Top 3 finish as we don't want to suffer the same fate as Spurs. I know it's great winning the FA Cup but the feeling probably lasts a week at best. Seeing us in the top 4 week after week makes the feeling last all season long. If results go well (including the Swansea away us turning up against Southampton) then we could well be top of the lot before Spurs visit Old Trafford.
This, for me. I remember all the trophies since 1963 and they were great, but a most of the pleasure as a supporter comes from the lead up to them. The winning and accumilating points, and the long cup runs. If Everton finish 4th, or even 3rd I will have had a good nine months, but not because of the CL possibilities.
It's similar with the FA Cup. You get the same for losing in the 3rd round as you get for losing at Wembley. Nothing. But you still had five great days getting there if you lose the final. Of course I want trophies, but I can still enjoy the journey without them.

Champs league first - this will bring money etc etc- we improve squad, which means we have a better chance of winning cups in future seasons- simples,

Champions league all day long. I dream soooo much more of a tues night, CL music playing at goodison park!

Don't think Portsmouth are that arsed about their fa cup win few years ago anymore.

Has to be the CL, I'm a 20 year old I don't remember Everton seeing anything but for the good of our Club a 4th place finish would bolster our chances of getting that investment we need to then go on and compete for silverware each Season.

Champions league all day long. I dream soooo much more of a tues night, CL music playing at goodison park!

Don't think Portsmouth are that arsed about their fa cup win few years ago anymore.

thats because Pompey have far more worrying things to bother them! Hardly the same situation.

I would take FA Cup, purely for the fact that just because you finish 4th, doesn't mean you get champions league, look what happened to Spurs. Also we would still have to qualify, etc.

If any team in the EPL that doesn't finish Top 4 wins the CL, then I'll take the FA cup.

If not than I want Top 4 more, but I was way too young for 1995. I want to enjoy winning the FA cup as well one day.

CL brings a lot more than revenue.

It means we keep our best players and brings in players that wouldn't sign for us if we weren't in the CL.

I was 4 or 5 when we last won a trophy so I've never experienced the Glory days, but even I would still take CL.

Cup, it's some silverware and we'd go further in the baby europa cup than in the "champions" league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back