The Friedkin Group - Dan & Ryan Friedkin [19/07/2024] Purchase Talks Over.

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 571 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost 20 years of it at this point

Should have known that Davek would take a contrarian view on Friedkin Group

I've been chatting to The Esk on twitter on how likely it is the EFC Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be reinstated by Friedkin Group

He doesn't think it likely from discussions I've had with him

I've been demanding it's return for over two years now.

That will not change as I think it is imperative for the good of Everton it is implemented in terms of Corporate Governance

I've chatted to Paul McM @PabloMc2 from the EFC FAB on twitter a few times about it and he was in agreement the EFC AGM should return

Friedkin Group can expect me not to shut up about it even if they initially don't implement it

…..from what I’ve read it sounds like DFG are not the greatest when it comes to communications with fans. Be interesting if Roma have AGM in their governance, probably unlikely they’d welcome one here especially if it’s not already part of the process.

…..from what I’ve read it sounds like DFG are not the greatest when it comes to communications with fans. Be interesting if Roma have AGM in their governance, probably unlikely they’d welcome one here especially if it’s not already part of the process.

Why I think it important we discuss it and tell Friedken Group we want AGMs, now. Before the takeover is finalised

They apparently listen to fans, quietly

So we should be communicating this too, to them

Good point on the Roma corporate governance thing. Will have to check on that

Whisper it but I have always preferred SS Lazio. Still I think their investment is as good as we are going to get. We can't continue to drift aimlessly as in recent years, so I am in.

Whisper it but I have always preferred SS Lazio. Still I think their investment is as good as we are going to get. We can't continue to drift aimlessly as in recent years, so I am in.
I'm sure that our new American overlords will be greatly reassured by your support ( albeit qualified) BR.

Tbh im just excited about having some actual adults who know how to run a business in charge.

Rather then someone who still operates like its the 80s and only wants to hire his mates

TBF under Bill we lived within our means, albeit with a measure of debt mate, the difficulty he had was developing the business commercially, to broaden the base of income to fund football operations, that created the glass ceiling - one step away from the CL.

Was only when Moshiri came in that the business became unsustainable and dependent on him as a sugar daddy - then he walked away, leaving us in the Manure business.

Getting back to self sustainability will take a couple of years and that is Priority 1 for me.

But what really to keep an eye on, is broadening the base commercially - i like what these lids have done at Roma on that score.

Priority 2 is is to repair the reputation of the club, to be very frank Moshiri has taken the reputation, profile and heritage of this great institution and flushed it down the toilet - we are a laughing stock in football now, a no mark clubs you can come to and softly extract good players for cut price deals, a club to be bullied - aka what Utd are trying to do - a basket case many players wont want to touch via relegation battles and point deductions. we have hard yards to do to prove we are a serious club again both with out peers and those we hope to recruit and also those we look to do business with. Dyche's dignity, leadership and bravery gave us some and a little of our dignity and respectability back last year in my opinion.

Priority 3: Keeping our best players, you cant compete or build by every season selling your best players, right now we could be a serious team by having Richarlison, Gordon and Branthwaite in it - on the way building and competing, you get no where selling your best players and we are too happy to do it and to happy to accept it as fans. Im pragmatic in the sense players will want to move on and at times you have tot sell them, but should only be done when you get a ridiculous fee and you are fully compensated for their loss and then some.

Not for me mate, I'm sick to death of everybody wanting to turn the clock back all the time then they wonder why we get laughed at and called a 'small time' club, it's exactly things like this. We (hopefully) have new owners now and are going into a new era for the club and into a new ground and imo it should stay that way. Also would you really want to do another deal with Levy?
I get your point, and maybe I'm guilty of it; yet, I do think Richarlison is a different case. Is he a good player? Yes. Would he be committed and be a leader? Yes.

It's different from the calls for Barkley to return, or when he brought back an ageing, overweight, disinterested Rooney. He's only just 27, and talented.

Would there be risk with injuries? Indeed. Do I think it's going to happen because of your last night (and our finances)? No. My point is, he'd be an exception...

... not the rule.

I get your point, and maybe I'm guilty of it; yet, I do think Richarlison is a different case. Is he a good player? Yes. Would he be committed and be a leader? Yes.

It's different from the calls for Barkley to return, or when he brought back an ageing, overweight, disinterested Rooney. He's only just 27, and talented.

Would there be risk with injuries? Indeed. Do I think it's going to happen because of your last night (and our finances)? No. My point is, he'd be an exception...

... not the rule.
Sorry mate, I just don't rate him very much.

Almost 20 years of it at this point

Should have known that Davek would take a contrarian view on Friedkin Group

I've been chatting to The Esk on twitter on how likely it is the EFC Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be reinstated by Friedkin Group

He doesn't think it likely from discussions I've had with him
I've been demanding the AGM return for over two years now.
That will not change as I think it is imperative for the good of Everton it is implemented in terms of Corporate Governance
I've chatted to Paul McM @PabloMc2 from the EFC FAB on twitter a few times about it and he was in agreement the EFC AGM should return
Friedkin Group can expect me not to shut up about it even if they initially don't implement it
Quaking in their boots from what I've heard. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.