The Friedkin Group - Dan & Ryan Friedkin [19/07/2024] Purchase Talks Over.

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 571 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which means… wait for it…..

Roma are associated with Everton as well… shock… horror…

Yeah. I suppose so. But that doesn't invalidate my point that we're in danger of losing something with the association.

Look, and this is to others too, we need to get used to our club being entwined a bit with Roma. How could it not be with the same owner?

IMO that needs to be resisted. Others dont see the threat. I get it.

If you ARE reading this Dan, we don't want AGMs back and we do NOT want any Everton fans involved with the running of the club.

Keep ALL Everton fans away from important decisions.

Thanks Dan, love your flying big guy.

We just need to keep you away from it

Us, not so much Goat

I've been chatting to The Esk on twitter on how likely it is the EFC Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be reinstated by Friedkin Group

He doesn't think it likely from discussions I've had with him

I've been demanding the AGM return for over two years now.

That will not change as I think it is imperative for the good of Everton it is implemented in terms of Corporate Governance

I've chatted to Paul McM @PabloMc2 from the EFC FAB on twitter a few times about it and he was in agreement the EFC AGM should return

Friedkin Group can expect me not to shut up about it even if they initially don't implement it
👍

Yeah. I suppose so. But that doesn't invalidate my point that we're in danger of losing something with the association.

Look, and this is to others too, we need to get used to our club being entwined a bit with Roma. How could it not be with the same owner?

Kind of supplied the answer there ;)

Kind of supplied the answer there ;)
I agree. Ilm not daft or unrealistic.

I just make the case for vigilance. Nothing wrong with that. Of course people who are desperate for these yanks to own us dont want to be cautious. They just want Everton financially secure. I get that too, but we can emphasise different priorities AND still agree on fundamentals...if there's goodwill to do so...

Reactions: kev

I’ve already proven you wrong about this when you try and use Palace as an example. Give it up.

I agree. Ilm not daft or unrealistic.

I just make the case for vigilance. Nothing wrong with that. Of course people who are desperate for these yanks to own us dont want to be cautious. They just want Everton financially secure. I get that too, but we can emphasise different priorities AND still agree on fundamentals...if there's goodwill to do so...
What exactly would you like in a new owner? Would these Friedkins do if it was just us they owned and it wasn't a multi club scenario? Do owners have be from closer to home no Americans go play your own football with your hands? I get there's concerns but takeovers these days have changed football is now a business world.

No need at all for an AGM.

Hopefully Friedkin Jnr will throw the idea straight in the bin.

Am sure he won't want to be sat in a room full of self important,farty gammons asking why we haven't brought back the Everton chocolate from the late 90s.

NO TO AGM's!

Mate, you didn't even know what an non-executive director does the other day.

Why I think it important we discuss it and tell Friedken Group we want AGMs, now. Before the takeover is finalised

They apparently listen to fans, quietly

So we should be communicating this too, to them

Good point on the Roma corporate governance thing. Will have to check on that

Are you a shareholder now ? By all means the club should have fan communication vehicles, but let’s be honest here, from a governance point of view exactly what are the minuscule shareholders going to add. If any of them were of any use they would be the ones who were successful enough to have bought the club in the first place. As for ‘demanding’ an AGM from the 94% owner that’s just a joke, if he wishes to do it then it will happen, if he doesn’t then it won’t, there is no ‘demanding’…….

Mate, you didn't even know what an non-executive director does the other day.
The absolute of state you.

You're the classic case of why we shouldn't have an AGM...You're just another self important Blue with over inflated opinion of himself.

You're no mark and a nobody just like me,and the very thought of you standing up in a room telling successful billionaire how to run a business is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.