The Friedkin Group - Dan & Ryan Friedkin [19/07/2024] Purchase Talks Over.

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 571 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, then the administrator rocks up and says ' oy Everton, we are here on behalf of 777's creditors, you owe them£200 mill, pay it back if you don't want to end up in administration too', or words to that effect. No matter how much you want to think 'Sir Farhad' is a smart wheeler dealer, he just isn't.

In an ideal world Moshiri would be made to pay back that debt out of his own pocket but I realise this isn’t an ideal world and the snake has probably covered his tracks in that regard.

Moshiri has played no blinder anywhere, he is and was clueless much the same as you. You wonder why you personally get so much stick, when you beg for it. I actually think you enjoy it.
I think he done a good job making the outside of the ground look half decent, Bill would have left it with the corrugated iron.

OK so I think people don't understand how debts work.

777 lent us money. IF they lent the money from ACap, they will then be creditors of 777 in any administration..its up to the administrators to recover as much debt for 777 as they can. Debts don't automatically pass onto to someone else unless that was in the original signed agreement. Most administrations never recover 100% of money for creditors. It's usually less than 50%.

This is why I said before this debt wouldn't be a priority for any new owners as they can probably get away with only paying back a portion of this debt should 777 go into administration.

777 lent us money. IF they lent the money from ACap, they will then be creditors of 777 in any administration..its up to the administrators to recover as much debt for 777 as they can. Debts don't automatically pass onto to someone else unless that was in the original signed agreement. Most administrations never recover 100% of money for creditors. It's usually less than 50%.

This is why I said before this debt wouldn't be a priority for any new owners as they can probably get away with only paying back a portion of this debt should 777 go into administration.
This is pretty much it. I know this is a terrible example, but I once bought a car on finance. Very shortly into the term, the company who gave me the finance went bust. No money was recovered as it was not in the contract. I was only about 6 months into the contract so I basically got a car for 1/4 of it's worth. A-Cap may not be able to recover the whole 200million for similar reasons

I don’t believe 777 is in a formal insolvency, which is what you’re describing.

What is more likely to have happened is that ACap had security against whatever entity 777 used to lend us the money. With that security they’re able to assume control of the 777 and collect the debt. Effectively, they are 777 now.

What is more likely to have happened is that ACap had security against whatever entity 777 used to lend us the money. With that security they’re able to assume control of the 777 and collect the debt. Effectively, they are 777 now.
Of course that's what I am describing because that's what people are discussing.

What you describe isn't easy. It's nowhere near as simple as that in a corporate business world.

Of course that's what I am describing because that's what people are discussing. What you describe isn't easy. It's nowhere near as simple as that in a corporate business world.

A formal insolvency is a court action in the US, federal (bankruptcy) or state (receivership). There are records online and that would have been reported.

Read the Josimar article, it describes what has happened pretty well and Leadenhalls objections to ACaps actions.

Instead, A-CAP, a holding company run by Kenneth King which owns five US insurers and has funded 777’s operations for years, is now in charge, and has instructed the New York investment bank Moelis to explore the sale of the company’s whole multi-club portfolio.

With that security they’re able to assume control of the 777 and collect the debt. Effectively, they are 777 now.
Look at me, I am 777 now!

1720638564308.png

Maybe they have some agreement where they can assume control, but they dont get to collect any debt. Thats why the article SPECIFICALLY says they have instructed them to explore selling their clubs(assets). They are still bound by all the same agreements, thats the entire point of agreements. They can sell assets, they cant collect debt unless their prior signed agreements already said 777 could.

this thread is about to become the worst on the site as they try to out wham each other.

2 “intellectual” heavyweights going up against one another. The rest of us may as well leave as it will be too much for us all to comprehend.
How do you join these intellectual heavyweights, does it involve a jigsaw ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.