The Friedkin Group - Dan & Ryan Friedkin [19/07/2024] Purchase Talks Over.

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 571 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he done a good job making the outside of the ground look half decent, Bill would have left it with the corrugated iron.

There has been good points to his ownership, earlier on. Improver the aesthetic look of our stadium, paid our original debts right off, put money into the club and this allowed the new stadium to be built. All downhill after that, but truly his main mistakes for me was keeping the original Chairman and board in control, he should have brought in Professionals to run it.

Maybe they have some agreement where they can assume control, but they dont get to collect any debt. Thats why the article SPECIFICALLY says they have instructed them to explore selling their clubs(assets). They are still bound by all the same agreements, thats the entire point of agreements. They can sell assets, they cant collect debt unless their prior signed agreements already said 777 could.
Why would they not be able to collect debts in the ordinary course of business?

Why would they not be able to collect debts in the ordinary course of business?
Not sure what you don't understand:

ACap can't collect the debt unless one of two things has happened:

1. The loan from 777 to Everton specifically stated that should 777 get into any sort of financial trouble then the debt passes to ACap.
2. ACap takeover 777 fully complete with all debts.

Now unless I am mistaken and I am happy to be proved wrong..I don't see that either of those has happened.

Debts never ever pass on automically unless those clauses are specially inserted into agreements.

Not sure what you don't understand:

ACap can't collect the debt unless one of two things has happened:

1. The loan from 777 to Everton specifically stated that should 777 get into any sort of financial trouble then the debt passes to ACap.
2. ACap takeover 777 fully complete with all debts.

Now unless I am mistaken and I am happy to be proved wrong..I don't see that either of those has happened.

Debts never ever pass on automically unless those clauses are specially inserted into agreements.
When we say ACap has control of 777, that’s what that means. If they have the right to sell assets (the other clubs) they certainly have the right to collect debts others are owed. They control 777 which means they’ve taken the shares as collateral for the money they are owed. They own 777.

When we say ACap has control of 777, that’s what that means. If they have the right to sell assets (the other clubs) they certainly have the right to collect debts others are owed. They control 777 which means they’ve taken the shares as collateral for the money they are owed. They own 777.
I don't think it's as clear cut as that. I think it's more about 777 using assets more than once to secure loans against. Pretty sure thats what the dispute is about and why the courts have said the assets can't be sold until this is resolved.

It's all very very messy and not as straightforward as you are trying to say.

Everton shares to go on sale from 18 July​

The private equity group Asset Match is set to launch an auction of Everton shares from 18 July, per an update to the company’s website.

It will be the first public auction since 12 October 2023, when 42 shares were traded at £3,700 per share.

Given that there is a total of 135,000 shares in the club, that would value Everton at £499.5m.

While shares have previously paid a small dividend and granted holders the right to attend the club’s AGM, those privileges have not been extended for some time.

Groups like the Everton Shareholders Association, however, do have a degree of influence, although this is soft power as opposed to any material control over the day-to-day business of the club.

Friedkin will have had his say over Everton’s transfer budget​

Pending his agreement over the finer points of the deal with Moshiri and Premier League ratification, Friedkin will take over Everton in the coming months.

However, although the AS Roma owner has signalled his commitment to the deal by taking over a £158m loan to the club from MSP Sports Capital, there is no telling exactly when the transition will happen.

That may mean that British-Iranian billionaire Moshiri is still steering the ship throughout the rest of the transfer window, which closes at the end of August.

However, Maguire is confident that Friedkin will have effectively set his own transfer budget for the club as a condition of the ongoing negotiations.

“Friedkin will have set their own budget already. Part of the negotiations with Moshiri will be around the level of money they can spend.

It could be similar to what we saw with 777, with the new investors being willing to provide funding from a cash flow point of view.

That would allow Thellwell to continue to operate in the transfer market uninhibited by the fact that Moshiri’s money has dried up.

Friedkin will have had his say over Everton’s transfer budget​

Pending his agreement over the finer points of the deal with Moshiri and Premier League ratification, Friedkin will take over Everton in the coming months.

However, although the AS Roma owner has signalled his commitment to the deal by taking over a £158m loan to the club from MSP Sports Capital, there is no telling exactly when the transition will happen.

That may mean that British-Iranian billionaire Moshiri is still steering the ship throughout the rest of the transfer window, which closes at the end of August.

However, Maguire is confident that Friedkin will have effectively set his own transfer budget for the club as a condition of the ongoing negotiations.

“Friedkin will have set their own budget already. Part of the negotiations with Moshiri will be around the level of money they can spend.

It could be similar to what we saw with 777, with the new investors being willing to provide funding from a cash flow point of view.

That would allow Thellwell to continue to operate in the transfer market uninhibited by the fact that Moshiri’s money has dried up.
I think it's highly likely that Friedkin will have a major say in our transfer policy and dealings during the period of exclusivity .

The alternative is that Moshiri could sell all our best players and take the money out of the club lowering the value or if Thelwell was unchecked we could be storing up PSR problems for the future.

So on that basis I think that it would be sensible , probably essential, for our future owners to be involved at this stage.

I think it's highly likely that Friedkin will have a major say in our transfer policy and dealings during the period of exclusivity .

The alternative is that Moshiri could sell all our best players and take the money out of the club lowering the value or if Thelwell was unchecked we could be storing up PSR problems for the future.

So on that basis I think that it would be sensible , probably essential, for our future owners to be involved at this stage.
I agree and expect this to be correct.

I'm concerned about our PSR position, but this would give me some confidence if borne out in reality. Surely the Friedkins will be very cognisant of our recent relegation battles, and the need to avoid points deductions to migitate against further difficulties next season. I know there is a dispute with the PL regarding stadium interest, but even in that scenario, I would hope that they would again be very much all over that detail, and be in a position to make our case as forcefully and coherently as possible.

Everything really, comes down to doing things better, much better, than Moshiri did. That in itself is not a mammoth task.

A small amount of interim cash flow for transfers could go a long way if we're talking just about initial up front payments- 20m say could get you 50-60m of players in the door. It would be sensible to provide it to protect the investment (it may already be what's funding Ndiaye and the move for Philogene).

I think thats a very silly view to hold.

So far all they have done is loaned us money, they dont have their feet under the table.

I think its beyond stupid to assume that Moshiri would allow a prospective owner to have a say in how he runs his business.

This is the 4th takeover in the last 12months, do people really think we let those 777 clowns have a say in our transfer dealings?

I think thats a very silly view to hold.

So far all they have done is loaned us money, they dont have their feet under the table.

I think its beyond stupid to assume that Moshiri would allow a prospective owner to have a say in how he runs his business.

This is the 4th takeover in the last 12months, do people really think we let those 777 clowns have a say in our transfer dealings?
Don't think Moshiri gives a Gnats chuff tbh.

But ye , Big Dan won't be having any say on transfer budgets.....not til he takes over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back