The Friedkin Group - Dan & Ryan Friedkin [19/07/2024] Purchase Talks Over.

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 571 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies won under Pellotta = Zero
Trophies won under TFG = One

Its the Martinez 72 points finishing 5th again isnt it.
Davek's right when he writes that PAllotta - not PEllotta 😂 - built a great team (Pjanic, Strootman, Nainggolan, Marquinhos, Benatia, Rudiger, Salah, Alisson, Dzeko) still not matched by our current team. It was a team that had something to say at the highest level of European football. This is undeniable.

Keeping the trophy aside - and last year we could have won the Europa League too, we lost on penalties - what gives fans better vibes is the fact that Friedkin has stabilised finances. You feel like your existence isn't a question mark anymore. Additionally, everything seems to be just the start of something far greater. How they got people like Mourinho, Dybala and Lukaku on board without Champions League, how they're buying Everton 😂...makes you think at what they might do in the future.

You feel the financial power of these people. With Pallotta, who's a hedge fund manager and a smart one, you had the feeling those exploits where doomed to give way to problems because they were based on countless market operations and not backed financially by the owner. It was a sort of self-financing moneyball, it was like buying and selling futures in Wall Street. Actually, the day Pallotta brought in Monchi, thinking he could replace Walter Sabatini, a brilliant DoF - unfortunately he's scarcely knwon outside Italy, but he has a unique talent in finding young players - that era was over. Monchi made many wrong decisions, and that model, which had to self-sustain itself like in a nuclear chain reaction, crumbled. The balance was so fragile that in 2 years we were back at step 0. With Friedkin you feel the potential is there and that sooner or later something very good will happen.

Davek's right when he writes that PAllotta - not PEllotta 😂 - built a great team (Pjanic, Strootman, Nainggolan, Marquinhos, Benatia, Rudiger, Salah, Alisson, Dzeko) still not matched by our current team. It was a team that had something to say at the highest level of European football. This is undeniable.

Keeping the trophy aside - and last year we could have won the Europa League too, we lost on penalties - what gives fans better vibes is the fact that Friedkin has stabilised finances. You feel like your existence isn't a question mark anymore. Additionally, everything seems to be just the start of something far greater. How they got people like Mourinho, Dybala and Lukaku on board without Champions League, how they're buying Everton 😂...makes you think at what they might do in the future.

You feel the financial power of these people. With Pallotta, who's a hedge fund manager and a smart one, you had the feeling those exploits where doomed to give way to problems because they were based on countless market operations and not backed financially by the owner. It was a sort of self-financing moneyball, it was like buying and selling futures in Wall Street. Actually, the day Pallotta brought in Monchi, thinking he could replace Walter Sabatini, a brilliant DoF - unfortunately he's scarcely knwon outside Italy, but he has a unique talent in finding young players - that era was over. Monchi made many wrong decisions, and that model, which had to self-sustain itself like in a nuclear chain reaction, crumbled. The balance was so fragile that in 2 years we were back at step 0. With Friedkin you feel the potential is there and that sooner or later something very good will happen.
Good post. Opens popcorn and awaits @davek response

Forget about the two Euro cup runs, the test is Serie A. That's how Roma will be measured. The four seasons Friedkin has been owner they haven't been at the races.

"Everything seems to be just the start of something far greater." That's just perception. Nothing more than that. And not one shared by your own fans who've protested about the Firkin ownership twice: over lack of spending in the last 12 months and the sacking of Mourinho.

I can tell that you believe that their buying of Everton indicates the group's strength...and maybe that it presages something better for Roma - TFG tapping into the PL and its riches you believe may somehow will be siphoned off to Roma.

Forget about the two Euro cup runs, the test is Serie A. That's how Roma will be measured. The four seasons Friedkin has been owner they haven't been at the races.

"Everything seems to be just the start of something far greater." That's just perception. Nothing more than that. And not one shared by your own fans who've protested about the Firkin ownership twice: over lack of spending in the last 12 months and the sacking of Mourinho.

I can tell that you believe that their buying of Everton indicates the group's strength...and maybe that it presages something better for Roma - TFG tapping into the PL and its riches you believe may somehow will be siphoned off to Roma.
Takes some nerve to tell a fan of another club how they should feel.

Impressive.

I remember moons ago when Dave would slag off Kenwright and everyone would lol. He was a lone voice pretty much on here.
Dave's whole schtick is being iconoclastic. Whoever is in charge is going to be his enemy. It could be the nicest, most generous, most competent individual on the planet and Dave would be spinning it that he's the devil incarnate.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as suspicious of new owners as the next man. Who couldn't be after our last two owners? But Dave is just doing @davek things.

Dave's whole schtick is being iconoclastic. Whoever is in charge is going to be his enemy. It could be the nicest, most generous, most competent individual on the planet and Dave would be spinning it that he's the devil incarnate.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as suspicious of new owners as the next man. Who couldn't be after our last two owners? But Dave is just doing @davek things.

being @Kev The Rat they are best mates
i hear

Takes some nerve to tell a fan of another club how they should feel.

Impressive.

I'm seeing what anyone can see. You don't have to be a Roma fan to see the big picture there, just as you don't have to be an Evertonian to see the mess at this club.

I'm seeing what anyone can see. You don't have to be a Roma fan to see the big picture there, just as you don't have to be an Evertonian to see the mess at this club.
Its honestly not really worth worrying about.

Your concerns have been noted.

Now lets just ignore them and get right behind our new owners.

If they succeed, we succeed, if they dont, then well done, you win.

Go on Dave at least admit you COULD be wrong, but we all know you can't do that even if you were caught out bang to rights. I feel these could be really good for us but will say you can not admit you are wrong. You are all bluster mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.