The Friedkin Group - Dan & Ryan Friedkin [19/07/2024] Purchase Talks Over.

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 571 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its honestly not really worth worrying about.

Your concerns have been noted.

Now lets just ignore them and get right behind our new owners.

If they succeed, we succeed, if they dont, then well done, you win.

Well, hopefully they don't become our owners, but if they do: the duty of all Evertonians won't be to "get behind them". The duty of all Evertonians will be to watch them like hawks and criticise them when they get it wrong...something we should have done with 'The Mosh' as you and others liked to call him.

Well, hopefully they don't become our owners, but if they do the duty of all Evertonians won't be to "get behind them". The duty of all Evertonians will be to watch them like hawks and criticise them when they get out wrong...something we should have done with 'The Mosh' as you and others liked to call him.
I offer no apologies for getting behind The Mosh, nor will I offer any if these fellas get it wrong.

I said for the last 8 months that nobody else would be interested in us, other than 777.

I was wrong, we now have a decent group of fellas looking to buy us and invest in the business and hopefully grow us off and on the pitch.

So if its ok with you, I will look to the future with positivity, if at some point these fellas show that they arent worthy, then I will start calling them out on it.

You wanna start before they even get their feet under the table, thats cool and all that, but its not for me.

Forget about the two Euro cup runs, the test is Serie A. That's how Roma will be measured. The four seasons Friedkin has been owner they haven't been at the races.

"Everything seems to be just the start of something far greater." That's just perception. Nothing more than that. And not one shared by your own fans who've protested about the Firkin ownership twice: over lack of spending in the last 12 months and the sacking of Mourinho.

I can tell that you believe that their buying of Everton indicates the group's strength...and maybe that it presages something better for Roma - TFG tapping into the PL and its riches you believe may somehow will be siphoned off to Roma.
Personally, I attach value to both European and domestic results. Yes, domestic performance has been substandard, in line with the last Pallotta years.

As for the protests, don't let some loud extreme fans fool you. They protest and have protested for everything. I can tell you the vast majority of Roma fans - on the streets, at the Olimpico, on the internet, on radio - is happy with the new ownership. Perhaps this Everton move is being seen by someone as undesirable.

I don't believe a single Everton penny will be siphoned off to Roma. The opposite won't happen either. There would be no point in doing it and it'd also be extremely disrespectful towards clubs with history and a passionate fanbase. If you read my posts, I've always said the two teams will be managed independently from one another, will pursue their own objectives and of course benefit from synergies.
My reasoning was: "if they have the financial muscle to go and buy a pl team, they have even more money than I thought". And I thought they have a lot of money. As simple as that.

Well, hopefully they don't become our owners, but if they do: the duty of all Evertonians won't be to "get behind them". The duty of all Evertonians will be to watch them like hawks and criticise them when they get it wrong...something we should have done with 'The Mosh' as you and others liked to call him.

Hmm… you seemed awfully supportive of ‘The Mosh’ before he bought us.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...ners-will-be-approximately.85396/post-4247039

I offer no apologies for getting behind The Mosh, nor will I offer any if these fellas get it wrong.

I said for the last 8 months that nobody else would be interested in us, other than 777.

I said the exact opposite.

So if its ok with you, I will look to the future with positivity, if at some point these fellas show that they arent worthy, then I will start calling them out on it.

You wanna start before they even get their feet under the table, thats cool and all that, but its not for me.

I'll look to the future with a mixture of relief that Moshiri ('The Mosh' as you prefer) is gone and vigilance concerning the new owners.

jumping into this thread late so don't know if this been asked or addressed but what are they like with communicating with the fans at Roma? can't be any worse than how Everton communicate surely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.