What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
What do you want reports to say? "Roma about to join Friedkin's Everton Stable"?

Roma were owned first, of course reports are going to mention them.
That's the way it'll always be. Everton's identity diluted.

This is the concern for all of us...or should be.

Why do you always state your opinion as fact?

You don't know jack, stop pretending you're mystic meg mate...

Tell us, what will the 'dilution of our identity' actually mean... You've said it several times now but with no real explanation of what that will do. I'm interested.

Can be improved by performances on the pitchh to get us into europe. Why would he want to dilute evertons identity they will be wanting to increase the value.

Oh look, its a blind man.
I genuinely don’t know how big we are any more in the modern game….its a bit of a wierd one. I think those slightly older will still see us as Big Five, but the reality is now, we are nowhere near that, in terms of recent footballing success, commercials etc. I would imagine worldwide fan base we are nowhere near as well, the history’s there but with each passing year,other than being a PL club, I feel like one those clubs that ‘used to’ reach finals in the 50s.

I genuinely don’t know how big we are any more in the modern game….its a bit of a wierd one. I think those slightly older will still see us as Big Five, but the reality is now, we are nowhere near that, in terms of recent footballing success, commercials etc. I would imagine worldwide fan base we are nowhere near as well, the history’s there but with each passing year,other than being a PL club, I feel like one those clubs that ‘used to’ reach finals in the 50s.
We are an afterthought currently.

Its up to our new owners to change that.

Evertons identity has been diluted for the best part of 30 years.

We're a no mark club to the outside looking in. Do you know how that will change Dave? By us somehow becoming successful again. If that means we are part of a multi club model (where he basically owns us, Roma and Cannes) then I'll take that every single day of the week.

The ship needs steadying Dave, don't be looking too far ahead. The main thing is to steady the ship and steer it back in the right direction. This club simply won't experience worse reputational damage than it has done over the last 2 years with headlocks, board members "too scared" to attend, the points deductions, continuous relegation battled. That all has to end. NOW.

Let's give these people a chance, a fighting chance of getting our head back up above the waterline for the time in a long time. The club needs to heal and then move forward, let them help us because I'm sure that's exactly what they want to do, help us.

We've got a long road until all this is resolved, it'll be tiresome spending the next 2 months arguing with each other about the rights and wrongs. What we need is these to take over asap, rid Moshiri from this club and they cut out every last person who has sucked the life out of this club one by one and surround with people who not only care, are not only competent at their job, but actually excel and can drive this club forward.

This is the galling thing.
If we were able to get some success though, be that FA cup or get near to challenging, I do think (hope) our history / pedigree would be lorded again.
Our 9 previous titles would be of interest if we were in the reckoning for a 10th etc.
I don’t doubt that when (🤞🏼) we are initially challenging Sky would present it as our 1st Premier league title but success breeds respect.
First things first though, let’s try to keep out of the bottom 6 😤

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back