What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
But we would’ve stayed up even if we lost.

FFS
Everton secured their Premier League status with an incredible fightback where they came from two goals down to beat Crystal Palace.

Everton secured its Premier League survival by recovering from two goals down to beat Crystal Palace 3-2 in the penultimate match of the season on Thursday.

???????????

Everton secured their Premier League status with an incredible fightback where they came from two goals down to beat Crystal Palace.

Everton secured its Premier League survival by recovering from two goals down to beat Crystal Palace 3-2 in the penultimate match of the season on Thursday.

???????????

Go and check the final league table bro x

FFS
Could have I’d suggest, as there are some intangibles around what a defeat would have done for moral in the remaining games, but I agree that the narrative ‘Alli kept us up’ is questionable.
He played ok in his cameo in that one game, but hardly justified the £12m or so he’s cost.
If that was the last game of the season and failing to win it guaranteed relegation then there’s arguably a case but as it was, nah.

Could have I’d suggest, as there are some intangibles around what a defeat would have done for moral in the remaining games, but I agree that the narrative ‘Alli kept us up’ is questionable.
He played ok in his cameo in that one game, but hardly justified the £12m or so he’s cost.
If that was the last game of the season and failing to win it guaranteed relegation then there’s arguably a case but as it was, nah.

100% agreed. Coming back to the topic, the objective for Friedkin Group is to WIN TROPHIES

Not to try and avoid relegation, by bringing on a player on £100,000 per week who makes 13 appearances the majority as a sub, over three years

Which clearly isn't going to win Everton trophies @Goat

FFS

There was also a stat that said if we'd of taken lukakus goals out of the side in his last season here we'd of still qualified for Europe.

We lost lukakus goals and we havent qualified for europe since.

The pressure we put on the teams around us by winning that game may of been a major factor why they failed to win their respective games on the last day.

You can't say one way or another tbh and whys that? Because we won our match against palace thanks to a master class from dele!

The 3 points we earned in that game secured our Premier League survival, it's a fact that your feelings can't change.

Dele Alli was vital in securing those 3 points.

But hey ho, that was then, this is now, all hail Danny F, our saviour.

But a fact that your feelings can’t change, is that we would’ve stayed up if we lost that game. I’m terribly sorry to have to break it to you this way.

There was also a stat that said if we'd of taken lukakus goals out of the side in his last season here we'd of still qualified for Europe.

We lost lukakus goals and we havent qualified for europe since.

The pressure we put on the teams around us by winning that game may of been a major factor why they failed to win their respective games on the last day.

You can't say one way or another tbh and whys that? Because we won our match against palace thanks to a master class from dele!

But I can say it, because it literally played out that way? Burnley’s task would not have changed, if they’d beaten Newcastle then they would’ve stayed up ahead of Leeds. And as for Leeds, well they did win anyway. If we want to talk hypothetical imaginary scenarios, then if we’d needed a result at Arsenal on the final day then we might’ve actually played a first team and fought harder to get a result there to stay up.

However back onto our new owners. I hope there are no more terrible signings like Dele Alli under them.

Well, it literally is a fact?
No it can't be literally a fact because theres no way of proving what might have happened if we hadn't won the game its a totally hypothetical situation. Is the same as saying if Doucoure hadn't scored against Bournemouth we'd have got relegated theres no way of knowing what would have happened in the rest of the game if he hadn't we might have won 4 nil or lost 4 nil once something has happened it affects what happens afterwards you can't just act as if everything that happened after it would have stayed the same

No it can't be literally a fact because theres no way of proving what might have happened if we hadn't won the game its a totally hypothetical situation. Is the same as saying if Doucoure hadn't scored against Bournemouth we'd have got relegated theres no way of knowing what would have happened in the rest of the game if he hadn't we might have won 4 nil or lost 4 nil once something has happened it affects what happens afterwards you can't just act as if everything that happened after it would have stayed the same

How would our result against Palace have affected Burnley on the final day in any way exactly? How would their task have changed in any way?

See, now you’re the one talking imaginary hypotheticals and I’m the one simply delivering you the facts in this debate. So I think it’s probably best to end it there because the imaginary hypotheticals I could throw right back at you are endless.

How would our result against Palace have affected Burnley on the final day in any way exactly? How would their task have changed in any way?

See, now you’re the one talking imaginary hypotheticals and I’m the one simply delivering you the facts in this debate. So I think it’s probably best to end it there because the imaginary hypotheticals I could throw right back at you are endless.
Well the fact that Burnley couldn't catch us changed their task a lot. If we were losing on the last day and they were 2 1 down to Newcastle then they would have known that an equaliser would have kept them up so they could have played in a total different way but because they couldn't catch us and Leeds were winning they had to win a draw was no use if you can't see how that changes the situation you must be a bit thick and thats the only fact I can see.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back