What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 582 67.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 28.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
Got to be made clear to any potential buyers now that they’re going to have to be willing to pay off the 777 debt if they want to go any further in discussions. Waste of time otherwise.
Don’t think the amount we owe to 777 is the issue - it’s moreso where that 777 money came from originally.

It’s stinks of fraudulent and nefarious dealings, and I can’t see the courts allowing anyone to liaise with 777 to clear it, until they determine whether it was their’s in the first place to actually spend.

TFG, or anyone for that matter, don’t want to deal with the implications of it all.

Last edited:

ACAP are just a lender to 777, they aren’t actually linked to them in any way as an entity.
True. But the same requirements would still apply so ACAP would need to turn their loan into equity and invest more money by repaying TFG.

They aren't going to be able to do that with this investigation ongoing.

Ultimately, Friedkin Group could have paid off the loans owed to 777. Reading between the lines, they were buying the club on the hope of 777 crumbling and them not having to pay back the loans. ACap have kicked up a fuss so Friedkin has decided he doesn't want to either pay them off in full / fight a court battle.

In that scenario, its no great loss. The club need committed owners willing to spend cash. The lack of backing of the DOF when trying to compete with the mighty Ipswich for Philogene was a red flag.

Gloat?

I told you about 2 months ago this lot were spiv car salesmen.

Nowhere near the right people to own this club.

Thank God they've been found out for the no marks they are and we can get a bigger and better owner in.

Pretty sure the Miami coke dealers who have £200mill in to club are the blame rather than the car salesmans inability to get it over the line.

Last edited:
Friedkin hell! The only hope we have now is that trump wins ends all the wars in the world and uncle Uz comes and parks his yacht next to BMD. I give up Davek wins.

He just wasn’t rich enough that’s how I will look at it. Stupid bloody Texan.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back