What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
Got to be made clear to any potential buyers now that they’re going to have to be willing to pay off the 777 debt if they want to go any further in discussions. Waste of time otherwise.
You’d have hoped that was made clear to Friedkin early on this time mate.

If they just turned up and said oh we didn’t realise we had to pay that they are probably not right for us anyway.

I've been keeping your seat warm whilst you were away @davek

I'm surprised by all this. I heard about it before the announcement this morning. I thought they were reputable.

It says everything really. About the whole thing.

I've been called a "narcissist" and all sorts this morning. I do think some of our fans are as delusional as Moshiri is. Example is the EFC share price. Given our situation.

We're in this situation because of Kenwright and Moshiri. Those two idiots damaged this club. All these games have to stop soon

Good to see you back anyway @davek 👍
As soon as they tipped up I knew they were chancers.

Their record at Roma - spending a bit then going all moneyball - had alarm bells ringing for me..

Just a bunch of Toyota car salesmen. No great loss.

By all accounts due to the debt we owe to 777. They may come back to the table when that is resolved?

If the loan falls due and things still aren't sorted then you would expect they would extend the payment date. They aren't going to want to take control of the club while that is still ongoing.

That could take some time

With the Onana sale, the stadium being funded and the PL payments coming in we should be ok from what people have previously said.

We are paying high interest loans of £650m which is the biggest issue, once the stadium is complete can we borrow against that on a long term loan with better rates?

Why would a state fund take on our debt? It's not directed at you, but this line of thinking lacks foundation.
I don't know I just can only see somebody with so much money they don't see 200m or whatever extra payment as significant to them whatsoever.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back