What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 582 67.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 28.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
With the Onana sale, the stadium being funded and the PL payments coming in we should be ok from what people have previously said.

We are paying high interest loans of £650m which is the biggest issue, once the stadium is complete can we borrow against that on a long term loan with better rates?
In the very short term perhaps… beyond 6 months or so I seriously doubt it

By all accounts due to the debt we owe to 777. They may come back to the table when that is resolved?

If the loan falls due and things still aren't sorted then you would expect they would extend the payment date. They aren't going to want to take control of the club while that is still ongoing.

Suggests to me the Friedkin Group lawyers in the USA are very nervous about that court case

With them inheriting an unquantifiable liability from it

What's so depressing about this is that my reaction was basically "Oh yeah, that's totally something that would happen"

Obviously I'm worried about the club, and a little bit angry, but I'm kind of just over it at this stage

How much more energy can I devote to getting angry or upset about this absolute soup show of a football club?
I'm laughing about this and that tells me exactly my feelings towards the club. I'm not even arsed anymore, i just want to go the game and be entertained!

I'm tired of reading about men in suits at this club who shuffle spreadsheets for a living.
I hate modern day football.

To be fair, even though they've pulled out, which they're fine to do if the 777 stuff is too dodgy, they did give us money to finish the stadium so think we owe them that friendly at least.

Yes that was the wording, though didnt they simply pay off MSP + Bell/Downing?

Its been stated by 'certain posters' that we still needed an additional £100mil to get the stadium finished. So it seems that was always paid ?

The TFG debt? Round and round.

I dont think anyone will care about the TFG debt.

Its R&M + 777 + TFG now isnt it?

If TFG were planning to purchase the club why not pay off 777? Are 777 not allowed to sell or settle any assets at the moment?

What could possibly be the issue with settling a debt?

It doesnt seem that TFG were serious.

I don't know I just can only see somebody with so much money they don't see 200m or whatever extra payment as significant to them whatsoever.

It's just never happened before. Man City wasn't debt laden, Newcastle wasn't debt laden, PSG etc. Not to our extent. It's never happened before to my knowledge so to expect it now is folly.

It's not 200 million, it's much more than that. All of that money needs to be paid back eventually and is factored into the price.

These state funds may have ulterior motives, but they're not it in to lose money.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back