What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 584 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
Uh oh just heard from the guy who shoots Dan's cows before he wants a fresh steak on the spot- a Texas thing BTW confirming everything dave warned us about , the friedkin group is going to turn us into a roma franchise like red bull so we're going to be roma 2 liverpool instead of Everton....I should have listened to your fear mongering Dave I could of stopped it

Uh oh just heard from the guy who shoots Dan's cows before he wants a fresh steak on the spot- a Texas thing BTW confirming everything dave warned us about , the friedkin group is going to turn us into a roma franchise like red bull so we're going to be roma 2 liverpool instead of Everton....I should have listened to your fear mongering Dave I could of stopped it
Isn’t he Californian?
Which is fairly un-Texan

Seeing it as a positive that they've got experience already at Roma - they won't make the same mistakes they made in the early years there. But also they have access to a European scouting network - hopefully they bring in 1 or 2 quality young players.

I’m curious how and why Roma will be allowed to spend but we won’t? How does that work exactly? You don’t see the City Group block Girona, Melbourne City, New York City, Lommel, Palermo or Troyes from spending when City do

I’m curious how and why Roma will be allowed to spend but we won’t? How does that work exactly? You don’t see the City Group block Girona, Melbourne City, New York City, Lommel, Palermo or Troyes from spending when City do
I wouldn't try to ascertain Dave's logic here you'll get migraines and start crafting a conspiracy board soon after

Why's he spunking £800 million if we are to be an afterthought ? Sensible answers would be appreciated.
The cheap and easy answer is the stadium.

Your follow-up should probably be to ask why Friedkin would prioritize Roma's stadium needs over fixing our squad when he would have a perfectly serviceable, brand new stadium. The hole in Roma's boat is just as large, they already refinanced their high-interest loans, and they don't have a new stadium to lean on for revenue. In principle, we're the easier problem to bring into compliance with the rules.

People who say things such as Roma will be ‘allowed’ to spend, and Everton will not, still have a fundamental misunderstanding of how modern football clubs work. If Everton are ‘allowed’ to spend, it means that the owners have managed to get the sponsorship and the wider commercial structure, as well as player trading in good order, and now the club makes enough money so it can ‘spend’. You can’t just launch money at football clubs anymore, you have to be smarter.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back