What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 582 67.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 28.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
Fair play, I actually admire the fact that you've posted some BS off Reddit, presented it as an Athletic quote to mislead people on here, and are trying to style it out.

My suggestion that you delete or edit your post was to avoid falling foul of forum rules but you crack on.

It's past time I have the ability to do that

Don't worry. I will "crack on" within the rules

I'm well aware of your tendency to try and silence people. I've literally seen you comment of your desire to stop certain people commenting on Everton. If you don't agree with them 🤷‍♂️

Greedy?

The fella has wasted 800million on us so far, I dont blame him for not wanting to stick his hand in his pocket.
If he'd run the club, with even the smallest amount of common sense he wouldny have wasted £800 million. Just let the director of football do his job would, have been a start.

Well, with this deal the club will have needed to see the source of funds. It's never just as simple as 777 lending to Everton -- in my experience there is always documentation to show the source of funds (ultimate beneficiary / beneficiaries / shareholders blah blah behind the company).

Its not like a simple "sam steals, sam lends to Everton". Theres a paper trail. Its like when you have a BVI company you face which is owned by Cayman entity and then behind that a Belize firm. The directors of each arent the owners and to find the source you need the name and documents of each and also behind the Belize entity (where it is a serious crime to reveal the true ownership).

I dont see how this would not be the case with this situation.

Also, as per my question we arent simply sending back to Sam or Joe. We could send to the courts, we could do all sorts of things to mitigate any issue as the innocent party.

Is that 777 situation not a civil case rather than a criminal one?
re: due diligence and fund sourcing, likely, or at least I hope.

re: civil vs criminal, it is certainly civil but these things can be both (the issues would be handled separately)

How can Joe accuse you when you had no idea who Joe was ?

Surely Sam is liable not me in this example
It doesn’t require “liability” for a crime. Civil and equitable remedies exist.

It may help to put yourself in “Joe’s” shoes.

If Sam lies to you to gain access to your money and then loans that money to Everton, should you not have some right to get it back from Everton?

Now, if Everton owes Sam loan repayments for that same money, should you have rights to the loan repayment?

Note: I’m speaking purely hypothetically. I don’t even know if these things happened or scared TFG. I’ve only said that it’s legally possible. The fraud case makes it at least a possibility.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back