What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
Reading more into it, and I am no financial expert so others will I am sure tell me if this is nonsense.

Leadenhall are taking 777 & A-Cap to court claiming that 777 have secured funds on assets that were already being used as collateral for other loans. A-Cap claim they have primary claim on those assets. I am guessing if we repay A-Cap and the court then rules that Leadenhall have primary/equal claim on the assets we could find ourselves in a situation where Leadenhall contest the repayment to A-Cap??

Reading more into it, and I am no financial expert so others will I am sure tell me if this is nonsense.

Leadenhall are taking 777 & A-Cap to court claiming that 777 have secured funds on assets that were already being used as collateral for other loans. A-Cap claim they have primary claim on those assets. I am guessing if we repay A-Cap and the court then rules that Leadenhall have primary/equal claim on the assets we could find ourselves in a situation where Leadenhall contest the repayment to A-Cap??
Dunno...this sounds like you're a bit of an expert.

Pretty much. It's an argument on who the fund belongs to. Could also end up less than the current amount as it could be tied up with 777s administration.

It's a mess.

If, and its not just a big if, it's far greater, we can get get a resolution to the £200m 777 funding in the near future, I wouldn't be totally surprised if TFG returned.

They seem invested enough to me, but obviously the last thing any person wants to do (investor or not) is sink money into a black hole.

The miracle here is Moshiri paying them off; then we're clear. But given he's not thrown a penny into the club for 18 months I doubt that happens.

So need the Leadenhall issues fixed. But we know full well that won't be a quick process, which concerns the life out of me.

In short yes, with the loan apparently going via RMP on top it adds another third level of complexity.

In short it's a right royal mess and the custodians of the club from blue Bill through the directors who all made sure the got out with huge payouts right up to Moshiri have essentially betrayed the club and been complicit in it all. Remember the connections with Vibrac loans back way before Moshiri was here...

If, and its not just a big if, it's far greater, we can get get a resolution to the £200m 777 funding in the near future, I wouldn't be totally surprised if TFG returned.

They seem invested enough to me, but obviously the last thing any person wants to do (investor or not) is sink money into a black hole.

The miracle here is Moshiri paying them off; then we're clear. But given he's not thrown a penny into the club for 18 months I doubt that happens.

So need the Leadenhall issues fixed. But we know full well that won't be a quick process, which concerns the life out of me.

Try 8 years.

Moshiri paying them off I don't see happening, I'd even speculate that in part he's benefitting from those loans in some way (won't say more than that as it's an accusations I couldn't back up with evidence) let's just say that there's been a huge amount of money going out the club to pay interest on loans we should never have agreed to on that interest rate, the question becomes why loan at those rates from those companies... And why when clearly apparently that they would not gain control did 777 keep funneling money in via high interest rate loans even up until AFTER the failed....

What the period of exclusivity did do though is clear, it stopped any other takeover, added 200m in toxic loans to us and stopped any other potential owner seeing the books for 9 months, ensuring no owner we'd want will take us on until the mess is cleared. All the whilst big loan repayments continue being paid out by the club...

Makes you think about why...

In short yes, with the loan apparently going via RMP on top it adds another third level of complexity.

In short it's a right royal mess and the custodians of the club from blue Bill through the directors who all made sure the got out with huge payouts right up to Moshiri have essentially betrayed the club and been complicit in it all. Remember the connections with Vibrac loans back way before Moshiri was here...

Ffs mate blue Bill was dead and buried way before we took the £200m from 777. He may have dabbled in a lot of dodgy deals before he passed but you can't lay that one on him!

The question from EFC's perspective on the £200m loan is whether it was secured against anything - like BMD for example. I don't think it was but others will know better than me. If we did secure that loan with an asset, then there's a chance we could be implicated in the Leadenhall case (ie. 777 or ACAP could have releverage that security). Hopefully not though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back