What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
It hasn't been confirmed, but I think its kind of obvious.

It wouldn't make sense for him to cough up 500 million pound to take on a club that would remain on life-support in terms of debt. But it would make sense for him to pay that amount for a debt free club that is about to have a new lease of life in a modern new stadium.

The PL would also insist that at least some of the debt is paid off, and this feller can do that with his eyes closed.
The "some of it" is what worries me. He could restructure enough to keep the PL happy then milk the TV money and the stadium then move on.

An eccentric billionaire is what we needed.
bottom-digger.gif

The "some of it" is what worries me. He could restructure enough to keep the PL happy then milk the TV money and the stadium then move on.
Any potential new owner could do any number of nefarious things. As far as I know, there is no suggestion from this guy's past dealings that he is going to do us dirty?

There seems to be this sentiment that only Super Blue owners will do, which is mad considering the last one of those we had recently died and he is still getting absolute dog's abuse.

The more I read about Friedkin, the more I'm terrified by him. Not that he's "bad" per se, but that he's a stunt pilot who's been in movies and a whole bunch of other things that makes me think he'll buy the club and immediately die in a fiery crash.

….i think those Daredevil stories relate to his Dad, although he is also a pilot with a real interest in WW2 aircraft.

Last edited:
Multi-club models should not be allowed and I'd rather we weren't part of one.

Alan Partridge : Shoestring, Taggart, Spender, Bergerac, Morse. What does that say to you about regional detective series?
Tony Hayers : There's too many of them?
Alan Partridge : That's one way of looking at it, another way of looking at it is, people like them, let's make some more of them.

Well worth a listen.

• Doesn't flap his gums in the media, he really only communicates through official channels
  • Doesn't interfere with football matters
  • Willing to spend (whilst respecting regulations)
  • Used to coming into clubs in an extremely messy situation
  • Seems they've already earmarked the person to take on most of the day to day exec leadership at Roma whilst they switch attention to Everton (basically the opposite of what Chicken Licken says. Quelle Surprise!)
Honestly , what's not to like.
Finally, after pages and pages of derailed chat, an actual post worth reading

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back