What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
Does this not depend an awful lot on the club though and how well ran they are? We aren't loaning anyone to Roma for gametime that wouldn't also get game time here.

Strasbourg was a terrible location for Chelsea loanees last season whilst Vitesse who wasn't a part of multi club was very good for them historically

A lot of the benefits of multiclub ownership can just be worked around with another similar type deal. Brighton seem to be the only normal owners with a decent multi club operation on the go

Well yes? Not all of them work out but I'm far more in favour of clubs having a team to farm kids out to (or sign players through) than not. The likes of Isaac Price or a Jenson Metcalfe could have gone to a Dutch/Belgian team for playtime instead of rotting in the U21's.

Obviously if this guy has only us and Roma it's not the same but I was talking just broadly about multi-club models.

I wonder if they want to align the clubs playing styles and therefore recruitment.
Obviously the italian league and premier league are a different beast, but im talking more like a generalised style of play where players from roma would be able to fit into our team and vice versa.
Otherwise the players they would need for sean dyche would be completely different to roma's.

I think both clubs will be ran in a way that allows both to thrive.

Time will tell I suppose.

But I doubt Danny F is aiming to throw away the billions he's investing in both teams.
Yeah bottom line is he’ll have spent way too much on both investments to treat either as inferior. Treating Everton as some sort of feeder club would make no business sense: the amount he could cost himself running Everton badly would be greater than any value he could add to Roma (or indeed vice versa).

These sort of setups can I guess be detrimental where investors pick up small clubs for a song purely as feeders but the cost of entry at Everton is protection against that becoming the case.

….i doubt we’ll know much until its near done but in the meantime there’s plenty of debate regarding;

Will it or won’t it happen?
Will Friedkin be a good owner or not?
He doesn't have very big shoes to fill, he only needs to be semi-competent and he'll be the best owner we have had in many many years. He's currently making the right noises, regarding debt and stadium completion.

What's the point of worrying about something you can't change

This deal is way beyond any of our grasps so let's just hope they're better owners than Moshiri if they complete the deal.

I'd love for the 2 evertonian businessmen to take over, they seem perfect, love us like Bill did and can add up without using their fingers....that's the dream. Add on top backed by dell. Yes please

And if its these we can only hope it turns out better than last time.

Although I personally believe my local ice cream man would do a better job than mosh did

Yeah bottom line is he’ll have spent way too much on both investments to treat either as inferior. Treating Everton as some sort of feeder club would make no business sense: the amount he could cost himself running Everton badly would be greater than any value he could add to Roma (or indeed vice versa).

These sort of setups can I guess be detrimental where investors pick up small clubs for a song purely as feeders but the cost of entry at Everton is protection against that becoming the case.

This is the thing, take Moshiri hes had £750 mill wiped out for no material gain, this dude isnt investing £650 mill to loose money, by devaluing an asset.

You know, something i haven't seen said, is i imagine the PL will look and scrutinise a multi - club deal, particularly one with two profile peers in Roma and Everton.

There is no way the PL would sanction a deal if it felt that one of their clubs would be used as a feeder club for another league in my opinion, devalues the overall; "product".

Last edited:

I wonder if they want to align the clubs playing styles and therefore recruitment.
Obviously the italian league and premier league are a different beast, but im talking more like a generalised style of play where players from roma would be able to fit into our team and vice versa.
Otherwise the players they would need for sean dyche would be completely different to roma's.

….i’m sure both managers simply want good footballers to be recruited. We’ve seen what Dyche can do with less, fascinating to see him having more quality at his disposal.

Well yes? Not all of them work out but I'm far more in favour of clubs having a team to farm kids out to (or sign players through) than not. The likes of Isaac Price or a Jenson Metcalfe could have gone to a Dutch/Belgian team for playtime instead of rotting in the U21's.

Obviously if this guy has only us and Roma it's not the same but I was talking just broadly about multi-club models.
More broader point I was making is that Multi Club models farm systems are good in theory but the execution of them is often bad or just not done at all. Brighton do it well, City group has sorta done it well at just Girona and then the Red Bull teams do it. Price or Metcalfe could still have been farmed out for playtime without owning the other side.

He’s got Cannes as well.

More broader point I was making is that Multi Club models farm systems are good in theory but the execution of them is often bad or just not done at all. Brighton do it well, City group has sorta done it well at just Girona and then the Red Bull teams do it. Price or Metcalfe could still have been farmed out for playtime without owning the other side.

Guaranteeing playtime is harder to a normal club compared to a club under one umbrella.

You say execution is often bad but have listed all the main multi-club models and praised them?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back