What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters

This can’t be right, I was told the other day that Roma would have access to all of our best players. @PhilRegan can you clarify?

Because that other club from another UEFA country may well qualify for that tournament and two into one doesn't go under ownership rules as far as I know. Not sure how the RB teams work around it but there must, at the very least, be a pecking order there somewhere.
Think one of the two most successful RB teams skirt the ownership rules by only being 49% owned by RB, which also helps with some German ‘50+1’ member (fan) ownership rules.
In practice of course it’s very much RB calling the shots.

That may be the case mate.

But without all that that massive prem money, Roma's turnover is the similar to ours, just a bit more really.

They do have big pull with a massive worldwide & local fanbase.
They are consistently finishing 6th though, I suspect a prem club finishing 6 and playing regularly in Europe / winning things would earn considerably more than their Italian equivalent

They are consistently finishing 6th though, I suspect a prem club finishing 6 and playing regularly in Europe / winning things would earn considerably more than their Italian equivalent

Yes im sure it would be more, like you say. Prize money etc.

Lots more to it too, Roma's world-wide reach is massive, lots of Italians in America.

You can see why they want us & Roma, both potentially a big reach - for different reasons.

I would say Romas reach and potential is more like a Spurs/Arsenal than us, with us bieng in the capital city etc.

Wouldn’t that be a nice problem to have under our presumed future Texans overlords? Qualifying for the Europa League regularly but pining for the Champions League. Hopefully Roma will get there soon and we will follow them a couple of years later, by which time there will be no multi-club owner restrictions as it will be so common. A boy can dream.

I am happy if it is to be Friedkin, definitely the best proposition from the different interested parties we’ve heard about so far in my opinion. He has a proven track record of relative success owning a club, extremely successful and a known quantity (my concerns about the Manoukian bid) and has no need to rely on accumulating more third-party debt (unlike the Bell-Downing bid).

The concerns about there being hierarchy between Everton and Roma are probably unfounded. Both are big clubs who won’t settle playing second fiddle to the other and I’m sure Friedkin’s ultimate ambition would be for them both to be self-sustaining entities with the only connecting tissue being the occasional loan deals and pre-season friendlies. Certainly not a concern at this stage and I’m sure more clubs will be added to the portfolio as time goes on.

Losing our identity? :lol::lol::lol:

Absolutely buzzing to buy next season's Associazione Sportiva Everton shirt in carmine red with gold trim. Forza AS Everton!
Is right. What's Everton FC done for everybody sub-40? Absolutely nothing at all apart from one meagre FA Cup win two and a half decades ago and more relegation scraps than I care to remember. What's our other highlight? Trying to run with a 'People's Club' tagline despite the board holding the fanbase in disdain? More than happy to be AS Everton, maybe it'll usher in a new, more successful era.

Once Bramley Moore is operational, our turnover will be at least 1.5x Roma’s.
This assumes no European football and no revenue from ancillary sources such as concerts.

The new Roma stadium is at the planning stage and there are issues with the current landowners.
Hence Roma fans are concerned that they will play second fiddle to Everton under a multi-club structure.

Yes im sure it would be more, like you say. Prize money etc.

Lots more to it too, Roma's world-wide reach is massive, lots of Italians in America.

You can see why they want us & Roma, both potentially a big reach - for different reasons.

I would say Romas reach and potential is more like a Spurs/Arsenal than us, with us bieng in the capital city etc.
Yeah, I agree there’s more chance of Roma having ‘permanent’ worldwide fans than Everton due the Italian dispora, but a bit of success in the prem is more likely to generate short term transient fans (glory hunters) globally then the Italian league simply due to greater coverage.
Whether any of them become permanent fans is debatable.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back